“Worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 952 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Giang Cafe was founded by My Father ,Mr. Nguyen Giang in 1946, when he was working as a bartender for the famous five-star Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi hotel. Although the cafe has been relocated twice, its egg coffee recipe is almost the same as in its early days, with its chief ingredients being chicken egg yolk, Vietnamese coffee powder, sweetened condensed milk, butter and cheese.
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went to try the egg coffee and were not disappointed we tried it hot and it was great and only 20,000 dong. Make this one of your stops if you have time

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney
“Egg coffee - brilliant and different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

One of the great things about travel is the ability to experiance something different and new. We were taken to this cafe at the end of our street food walking tour. Our guide told us this cafe has been running since 1946 and serves an egg coffee that was briilant. First time experiance that I look forward to repeating when next in Ha Noi.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great egg coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Went here based on the recommendation of my hotel as I was told they make great egg coffee. Never tried egg coffees before but had heard a lot it and was told to definitely try it.

Caught a cab there and it was a little hard to find as there was just a small sign on a wall. Turns out you have to walk through a small shop and walk upstairs to the shop.

Setting looks very traditional with small tables and chairs and menus were on the wall. Waiter didn't know to much English but I managed to order a hot and cold egg coffee and my wife got a Vietnamese coffee.

Both the hot and cold egg coffees were great. I preferred the hot one as it was creamy and frothy. Coffees were $1 each so it was cheap.

There were a lot of locals there to so that adds to the experience.

Adelaide, Australia
“Good hidden cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

You must notice the street numbers to find this cafe ,but once found it is so so good...the egg coffee is delicious ,as is the rum coffee and the local Vietnamese iced coffee .I didn't notice many foreigners there so for me that was a bonus . When I am in Hanoi and my friends say " let's meet at cafe giang " I can taste the coffee in my mouth even before I get there . Truly recommend this place not just for the coffee but for the whole experience .

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Noosa, Australia
“must coffee experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

coffee with wiped egg whites?yea I am a strong long black freak,but this tasted smooth and a yummy experience. You have to try it.Probably the most famous old coffee house set down a narrow alley.Many other interesting coffee and smoothies .

Visited June 2014