“A special drinks in Hanoi” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 1,013 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Giang Cafe was founded by My Father ,Mr. Nguyen Giang in 1946, when he was working as a bartender for the famous five-star Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi hotel. Although the cafe has been relocated twice, its egg coffee recipe is almost the same as in its early days, with its chief ingredients being chicken egg yolk, Vietnamese coffee powder, sweetened condensed milk, butter and cheese.
Hanoi, Vietnam
“A special drinks in Hanoi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Perhaps, the action of taking a seat on the street and have a cup of coffee is one of the most interesting in Hanoi. Especially, drinking "egg coffee" and talking about daily life are our behavior. The drinks are just awesome with good taste of egg without any stinking smell. Take a cup of Giang coffee and sit on that store, I imagine the old Hanoi with amazing atmosphere - warm and familiar.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“EGG COFFEE - YUMMY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel where we were staying recommended we go - I must admit when I first was told about it wasn't sure that I would like it but it definitely works. Very friendly family - did ask for the recipe but told a family secret. Please go and experience this for yourself.

Visited June 2013
“Egg coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We went here is Hanoi kids and would never have found it on our own. We had the egg coffee and have now decided this is how we should always have our coffee.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“I visit it every time I'm back to Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great coffee, great taste with great value. My close friends and I always hang out at this place. The coffee house was cozy and it feels like old Hanoi.

Ukraine
“Interesting!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This cafe is very famous in Ha Noi, it is evaluated as the top 4 delicious cafes in hanoi. It is lucky that i've tried it during my stay in hanoi. The first impression is the short narrow alley to reach the cafe - it is very special. The second impression is on its cafe - it tastes very unique and delicious which lets me spend whole day enjoying and understanding more Vietnam casual life. It is located at no 38 Nguyen Huu Huan - you should go there.

• Visited August 2012