“Fine for budget hotel, but very far from the best” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Aurora Hotel

You added Hanoi Aurora Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi Aurora Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   109 Ma May Street | Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam (Formerly HaNoi Emerald Hotel )   |
Ranked #220 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fine for budget hotel, but very far from the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Guy on check-in wasn't particularly helpful.

Room had ants on many surfaces including bed and bathroom. Unfortunate because room itself decent size and fairly clean.

Breakfast was disappointing. Limited choice and stale. Negotiate heavily with the initial price, definitely a reserve option with such great places close by (Hanoi guesthouse one of them)

• Stayed August 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is value for an affordable price. It is a well established business, with 2 hotels in the old quarter, one in Sapa & a new boat at Halong Bay. For ease & peace of mind, let the reception staff at Aurora help you book those out of town trips; speaking good English & having good knowledge of tourist destinations, they gave me lots of advice, tips & good prices for my journeys to Sapa & Halong Bay.
The hotel is in a central location, positioned in the old quarter of town. It is surrounded by good eateries, lots of little shops, art galleries, entertainment & the intrigue of Hanoi daily life. Not to mention, I could walk to Hoan Kiem Lake in 5 minuetes, West lake in 30, or catch a bus to those destinations out of the CBD.
My room at the hotel was very comfortable & clean. The air-con worked well, the bathroom & bed sheets cleaned daily. I slept well; the bed was great & the noise levels from the street outside minimal. The mini bar was well stocked, a hair dryer & electric kettle were supplied as well. A cooked breakfast, toast & spreads, cereal & fruits, plus addictive Vietnamese coffee, was available for me to choose from daily; a fantastic start to my day.
Best of all, is the staff! They are wonderfully friendly & helpful. Always willing to make my stay as comfortable & enjoyable as possible. The kindness & generosity of the managers, reception, porters & even the cleaners touched my heart & made me feel very welcome in their country. An exceptional example of the beauty of Vietnamese people.
I spent some time in Aurora Hotel, as I also needed to do some business in Vietnam, & for this purpose also, I would recommend staying here.
Excellent service, I don't think you will be disappointed with this well priced accommodation :D

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The rooms are very big, comfortable. Excellent location, It is in the old quarter, so you have every thing you need> resaturants, travel agencys,.... The staffs are very friendly and helpful. The relation quality-price is excellent!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ipoh, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Good location in the old quarter. Food and shops are easy to find around the hotel. Room was neat, bed was comfortable and bathroom was clean. Breakfast was good enough. Like elsewhere in this country, food is salty and oily. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. However the counter staffs can be a little too pushy and make you feel a little uncomfortable. Otherwise it was a good stay. Get a good map with name of every streets before exploring the old quarter for the first time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The location is good, very convinience to eat and buy things. There are few good restaurant just at the same street. The room is clean and tidy, not so spacious, but is enough to use. The air-cond a bit run-down in my room. The staff is friendly and helpful, as I need to buy sim card to call back home country, they willing to go buy for us. I booked my trip with other travel agency, while I waiting at the lobby, they help me to call the agency to check whether the driver is coming. As I need to take early flight, they even help us to prepare the breakfast early. Wat a touching service! One con point is they close the hotel gate at the early morning. As I come back from Sapa trip at 5.00am, the hotel gate is close, few of us wait until a driver help us knock the gate, then only the staff aware that we are ouside. They shouldn't close the gate or either put a bell.
I suggest that guest can arrange the airport transfer with Aurora, the charges not much different but you can save a lot time and trouble.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We are now back to Manila, Philippines. We brought along with us in going home fantastic memories about Aurora Cruise and Halong Bay, most of all the friendship and warm accommodation given to us by Victoria, Autumn and the rest of the group at Aurora Hotel. Kind words are not enough to describe how grateful we are for the best service, nice food, warm accommodation and most of all, the care and concern showed when we were in Hanoi. Everything was unforgettable. We will surely recommend Aurora to all our friends and would encourage them to like Hanoi and visit Halong Bay. In July, about 8 of our friends are coming to Hanoi and we already recommend Aurora Hotel. For sure, they will love the place as well.

We are so grateful to the manager, Victoria! She's a rare entrepreneur as she really cares to her guests. We have been to many countries but Victoria and Aurora Hotel belong to a selected few who would really care for their guests. They made sure everything was comfortable for them and we felt that. We also had a wonderful 2-day Halong Bay Cruise through the effort of Victoria and Aurora Cruise.It's really worth staying in Hanoi.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 3rd floor have windows fronting the main street.The complimentary room in the 8th floor...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Would highly recommend my friends to stay in this hotel for their trip to Hanoi. The hotel is located in a strategic location. Few minutes walks to water puppet show centre. Rooms are clean and neat. Victoria and the staffs at concierge is polite and friendly. Aurora hotel is also offerred Halong Bay tour which I enjoyed the most. Good transport arrangement and nice cruise.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hanoi Aurora Hotel? Share your experiences!