“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 506 Hotels in Hanoi
Malaysia
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Staff is friendly,helpful and polite. Great service! Good location too! Room is clean and has its own computer. They even served breakfast at 5.30am upon request. Will definitely recommend to others about Hanoi Charming Hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My group of 4 consisting of 2 senior citizens, my friend & I went for a 6 days trip to Hanoi from 14 to 19 Mar 2013. It was a short trip but I managed to pack a 3N2D Sapa Tour (14-16 Mar) & a 2D1N Halong Bay Cruise (17-18 Mar) into our itinerary. & that left only one night which I will be staying in Hanoi.

I had chosen to stay in Charming Hotel while in Hanoi after reading the many positive reviews in tripadvisor. I am happy to say that they are all true & the staff are simply superb in this hotel. Besides, booking my one night stay with them, I also book our airport transfer & Sapa tour with them at a very reasonable price with good accom & food. I had booked my Halong Bay Cruise package directly with a cruise company.

Unfortunately on 16 Mar, due to some unforeseen circumstances, the cruise company sent an email to me (which I was not expecting) & called Charming Hotel in the evening to inform that my booking with them had to be cancelled. Charming Hotel staff, Maria, immediately called the hotel which I was staying in Sapa to let me know of this & helped to book our Halong Bay package with Aclass Cruise for the next day boarding. Maria's call to reach me in Sapa had enable us to visit Halong Bay as planned.

Thanks alot to Mr Duc, Maria and all the staff for their warm hospitality during our time in Hanoi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
shinjuku
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've already stayed here several times for both business and personal use. Staffs are always friendly and supportive when I had need some help. It's near the old town and just fun to walk around. Rooms are cozy and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: The cheapest room has no window. I prefer city view room. The rooms are along the street, but not no...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
toulouse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

In the pulsating heart of Hanoi this small hotel quietly located down a small alley has compact rooms at reasonable price (starting at £18) with breakfast and WiFi. Surprisingly, every bedroom has its own computer. Staff is superbly polite and helpful. Also, they are fairly honest in your recommendations. Have the hotel arrange a car for you to be met at the airport (same price as a taxi and with having to negotiate the fare.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms are windowless. Beware the bathrooms' floors when wet are more slippery than a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed for just one night before embarking on our Ha Long Bay cruise. This is a really nice hotel not too far away from the old district and the Hoan Kiem lake. We had a twin room but didn't have any windows. The room was clean and the showers worked perfect. The room also had a computer although we didn't end up using it. The staff helped us with connecting to WiFi, taking care of our bags etc. We wanted to store a couple of items before we went on the Ha Long Bay cruise and they were happy to hold it for us for a couple of days. When we returned, they gave these items back to us promptly.

A special mention for Hgy at the front desk. You were really great in your customer service! We will definitely consider staying here should we return to Hanoi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here on and off for four nights between trips and it has been great.

The staff are genuinely friendly, helpful, know your name and what you have been up to and it's what makes this place very special. They even gave me a rose on woman's day, a nice touch.

We stayed in both types of room and yes the city view is larger and has a window facing onto a street but the other room is perfectly adequate even without a window! It has a bed, air con and the shower was actually a lot better.

The location in the old quarter means you are right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle which is fun and you are only five minutes walk from the lake (that's if you don't get lost first!)

I work in a hotel and I would not hesitate to employ any of these people and if like us you stay here on your arrival in Vietnam it sets a high standards for other hotels on the trip to meet!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days whilst in Hanoi. We turned up extremely early (about 6am from overnight seeper train) but the staff quickly organised a temporary room for us. The rooms are small and basic but clean and there is cmoputer in the room so you can use the internet without having to sit in the lobby.The breakfast is nice, choice of bacon and eggs, eggs on toast or pho. All come with tea or coffe,juice and some friut. The best part of our taff was defineately the staff. They were really helpful when my husband got a really bad somach bug and was in bed all day, offering to bring food up to the room etc. They even went and picked up my sunglasses for free from the post office when they got sent up by a previous hotel. If yoy are on a budget, these guys are perfect

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hanoi Charming Hotel? Share your experiences!