“Terrific service” 4 of 5 stars

+84 4 3946 0121
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: European, Asian, International
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Halia (or ‘ginger’ in the Malay language) began in the one-hectare Ginger Garden of the Singapore Botanic Gardens where over 250 species of gingers with their stunning foliage and colourful flowers thrive. In 2008, the Halia was officially opened in Hanoi. This is Halia’s first overseas outlet. In keeping with The Halia’s philosophy of creating memorable experiences through food, ambience and service, The Halia Hanoi focuses on the integral purpose of dining ~ pure pleasure. With that commitment in mind, The Halia brings to Hanoians a dining experience not found anywhere else in the capital. An intimate bar greets you upon entry where you can have a tipple or two before adjourning to the main dining room. Located just beside the scenic West Lake, the wide windows provides a majestic view of the water. Tuck into hearty and comforting signatures while being tended to by our warm and friendly servers. As you end your evening at the Halia, savour a night cap in our exclusive whisky den on the upper floor.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Terrific service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

From the moment you step into the restaurant and all throughout the meal, you will feel the best, most attentive and beautiful customer service. We enjoyed our meal, which was enhanced by our waiter, Ryan, really pampering us and being extremely polite. He went the extra mile and even learned our names, and told us about the area. The food was fine, an interesting mix of vietnamese food with an eclectic French twist. Order the cod - it is sublime!

• Visited June 2014

hanoi
“fantastic food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Halia serves up some amazing food...you won't be disappointed! Their set weekday luch menu is superb value - 3 course for roughly 11 bucks, and the food is always outstanding and they also offer a wide selection of dishes (4-5 choices for each course). Tho for me, the icing on the cake has to be the level of service they offer. From the managers to the bar staff, i've only encountered genuinly warm hospitality...definitely the best service in hanoi. I've been going here fairly regularly for over a year now and they have never let me down. Thank you halia!

• Visited June 2014
“BEeF TeRIYAKI SPaghetti”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have cravings for that since I left hanoi 3 years ago and when I came back first thing I did was head right down to Halia from Noibai airport and I was very elated that they still had the beef teriyaki spaghetti on the menu. It tasted the same as before. Kudos to the chef. I came back for brunch and that didnt dissappoint either! Salmon egg benedict was awesome. Salmon was cook to perfection. Halia hanoi has the best service staff. I felt like home all the time. ;)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Isham_Mohd
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Maybe my fav brunch option in Hanoi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Went there for brunch and was smitten by the impeccable service. I had called ahead for reservations and when we entered I was addressed by name. Our waiter introduced himself and every single staff member was incredible. Have not had that kind of service before in Hanoi. What appears to be the manager lady also stopped by towards the end to check if we were happy.

The space is small and intimate, has a five star feel, the 'view' over the lake is rather limited though and the cushy bench along the wall is a tad to low for the table.

Foodwise I was also very impressed. I am on a spree looking for the best egg benedict in town, and Halia's version is up on top there. What you get is a 1-egg benedict (ham), florentine (spinach) and atlantic (briefly seared salmon) all on top of a big slice of brioche topped with a very nice hollandaise. My wife had an omelet with crab meat, though she had a hard time finding those small pieces of meat. Our son was happy with the kids' menu offerings (for him: hamburger).

So far I am giving this 4.5 stars, as I find it a bit expensive on the drink side. My iced tea was very nice, but a fairly small glass. But after perusing their dinner set menu, I can imagine that upon return I might even give them a 5 star rating.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
“Fantastic ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I was there with my father on the 20th,service was 2nd to none, very friendly,helpful staff. Food was very well cooked and very tasty, would highly recommend.