“Peace and serenity in Hanoi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Elegance Diamond Hotel

You added Hanoi Elegance Diamond Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi Elegance Diamond Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Lo Su Str., Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Special Offer
FREE PICK UP/VISA ARRIVAL
Ranked #12 of 506 Hotels in Hanoi
Melbourne, Australia
“Peace and serenity in Hanoi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Hanoi Elegance Diamond is the little peace of paradise and I can strongly recommend this hotel. Ever since we arrived in Hanoi it had been go, go, go! With hard mattresses and a truly poor experience coming back from Sapa on the Livitrans overnight train (the Orient Express on the way up was excellent mind you), Hanoi Elegance Diamond truly was a welcomed sanctuary. Immediately we laid on the soft cushioned mattress and felt like we were in heaven! This property is certainly more than worth the rate you pay. We were even upgraded to the family room and were highly satisfied with the room. The beds were delicious as was the design of the room. Breakfast was plentiful and well cooked and service was excellent throughout. The location is fantastic as you are very close to the shopping streets, the lake and The Metropole where I recommend you indulge in pool side drinks or the chocolate buffet. Staff could not be more attentive and we really welcomed coming home each day to this little oasis. So much so, I wish we could stay a few more days. Do yourself a favour and have a few days in this affordable but beautiful hotel. Your body will thank you. Happy travels all :)

Room Tip: We had room 908, a family room and there was no noise at all from Hanoi below. Enjoy!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Hanoi elegance diamond hotel absolutely deserved the excellent reviews. The staff were helpful, accommodating and went out of their way to look after us. The rooms are well appointed and nicely decorated. The breakfast restaurant was also pleasant and not too busy, unlike other hotels I have stayed in Vietnam. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rosamond, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Luckily, this hotel was recommended by a friend that stayed here previously and my wife and I were not disappointed with the accommodations. First of all, after seeing the Hanoi for the first time from the drive to the hotel from the airport, I was very skeptical of what to expect as the city is not the cleanest cities I have visited. But as soon as we arrived to the hotel, all doubts were removed. The hotel exceeded our expectations for cleanliness, comfort, providing a quiet relaxing atmosphere, and having an amazing staff to help make us feel at home.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the staff with a tall glass of watermelon juice and asked to sit down and relax while they took our bags to our room and ensured that our room was ready for us.

The room was better than advertised and even included a laptop, which was unexpected. Also, the internet service was fast, using their computer and the my own. The room was immaculate and even met my wife's strict cleanliness standards. The hot water was hot, the bed was soft, and the staff even included a fresh fruit basket as a welcome to the hotel.

The location of the hotel could not be beat, as it was only about 200 meters from the lake, as well as right in the middle of the old quarter and all of the markets and restaurants. If you are looking for a convenient location for sightseeing, this is definitely the hotel for you.

The breakfast was simple, yet fulfilling as each morning presented another opportunity to have all you could eat fresh fruit (mangos, pineapples, watermelon), fresh juice, and typical breakfast items that you would expect from a hotel. They also provided items from their menu and no cost, without any limitations on orders (we had more than our share of free pho).

The hotel also assisted with my visa on arrival paperwork and booked our day trip to Ha Long Bay (highly recommended). Overall, this was an extremely pleasant stay and we would recommend the hotel and their amazing staff to anyone wanting to experience Hanoi.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the main street.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Our party of 3 had a pleasant stay at the Hanoi Elegance Diamond. There was an issue with noise on one night, but the overall experience was good. We stayed in 2 rooms while in Hanoi and in between visited Halong bay. On the first leg of our trip to Hanoi we had a room on a higher floor; I believe it was the 5th floor. It was a "family" room, which can easily accommodate up to 4 people. The room was very clean and came with a PC with Wi-Fi and a bottle of drinking water. We were also offered a bowl of local fruit, which we enjoyed. The rate included breakfast and given the reasonable rate of the rooms the breakfast was very nice. We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant and although their selection isn't very large, we really enjoyed their imperial rolls. The hotel also made arrangements for our Halong Bay 3 day 2 night tour. I had researched which boats I might be interested in and the hotel came back with availability and pricing. I had also done some price comparisons and the rates provided by the hotel were in the ballpark. Since it was our first time in Hanoi and given the good reviews of the hotel online, I felt more comfortable booking the boat tour via the Hotel. I will write a separate review of the boat tour. We went with Halong Violet and had a great time. After we returned from Halong, we had 1 full day of sightseeing. Instead of using the hotel to book a tour guide (because it was a bit more pricey), I found one on Viator Guides. Booked a guide in advance of our trip to Vietnam and did interview a few before selecting David Nguyen. There are some free tour guide services, but availability is spotty. David took us to all the locations we wanted to see and then some. As for the hotel, on our return from Halong we stayed on a lower floor. Again, no complaints about the room but late into the night there was quite a bit of construction and drilling taking place behind the hotel. This continued until past 11 PM. We aren't early sleepers but with a full day of activities ahead of us were not pleased with the level of noise and expressed this to the hotel. There wasn't much that the hotel could do. Although there are noise ordinances, Hanoi is a rapidly developing city and such ordinances are largely ignored. My tip would be to request a room on a higher floor towards the front of the hotel. Location wise, the hotel is close to Hoan Kiem Lake, the Water Puppet theatre and a nice shopping district. I would recommend this hotel. Our needs were met and the staff were friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the front on the hotel on higher floors should be less noisy.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We were three girlfriends travelling together and this gorgeous hotel felt like home. The service and care we received here was second to none. The girls on the desk, the Manager Binh and even the staff in the restaurant were exceptional. I cannot fault this gorgeous hotel. The rooms are well appointed, spacious and the care given to us was simply fantastic. We stayed there for 4 nights and we ate in the restaurant every night. The meals were superb. We left shopping and luggage in their storage when we left for our four day trip to Hoian. Upon our return all our shopping and our luggage magically appeared in our room. When my husband rang to speak to me ( I was having dinner at the restaurant) I was summoned to the staff phone and was able to speak to him without having to miss his call. This is what I call service.
The staff were friendly, attentive and happy to assist with anything we requested. I would encourage anyone looking for accommodation to stay in this gorgeous hotel. One of the nicest, warmest and most friendly hotels I have ever stayed in. Congratulations to all the lovely staff at this gorgeous Hotel. We loved every minute of our stay with you. We even had a complimentary laptop available to us . Hanoi Elegance is simply gorgeous and we would not hesitate to stay with the hotel chain in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Executive Suite. there were 3 of us, and it was just lovely
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Maroochydore, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel just blew us away with the service and friendlyness of the staff. We were really made to feel like family there.

Situated in the old part of Hanoi it is well placed for site seeing and getting around. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed and you are even supplied with your own lap top computer in your room. Nothing we wanted was too much trouble and anything that seemed like a problem was sorted out quickly and efficiently by the staff.

We can not recommend this hotel highly enough and are sure that you will enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Hotel is quite small but staffs were all friendly and helpful, breakfast area was very nice, its located very close to the lake, and I emailed them if they can arrange a birthday treat for my ex-boyfriend (he's my husband now :P) and they arranged a cake, with some balloons and flower petals, it was very pretty.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hanoi Elegance Diamond Hotel? Share your experiences!