“Fabulous stay at the Serenity!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Serenity Hotel

You added Hanoi Serenity Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi Serenity Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1B Cua Dong St. | Hoan Kiem, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #52 of 450 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“Fabulous stay at the Serenity!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We would just like to thank you for the most excellent stay with you at your hotel, and once again express our gratitude for all your help with booking tours, trains, airplanes, airport pick-up and drop off, etc. We were amazed by your excellent service and friendly, helpful hospitality and are most appreciative of your kind attention to our holiday needs. (especially the extra work to cancel the night train to Hue and book us airline tickets instead!)

We will most certainly recommend the Hotel Serenity to any friends that are visiting Hanoi, and we will come back to you if we ever return to your wonderful city.

Thank you again for everything your staff did to make our trip exceptional!

Yours truly,

The Shaws, Victoria, BC, Canada

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Newhall, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

In the past two weeks, I stayed at this hotel for five nights, coming and going with various out of town excursions. The staff was so nice and accommodating - stored my luggage, offered me a room for a shower between trips from Halong Bay and then off to Sapa, and arranged a particular visit to Cuc Phuong with a driver for a lot less than any travel agency and with no commission. The staff was cheerful and always greeted my by name, coming and going. The best was my second night in Hanoi, when I and a number of other guests were invited to a dinner party in the evening put on by the staff so we could eat with them - good food, Vietnamese wine. After my first stay, for no charge (and with no request) my room was upgraded. The rooms were clean and had everything I needed (hairdryer on request). Only downside is no elevator and a lot of stairs to the high floors - so this should be considered if it would be aproblem for you.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the first floor to avoid climbing. The 01 (101, 201, etc) rooms are bigger than the...
Wiesbaden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I only stayed for three nights in Oct, 2011, but after the first night I could see Son and his crew were dedicated to making my stay enjoyable. They gave a lot of advice and I found it correct. Son especially, but all the staff speak excellent English which makes everything easier when you're in a new city. The hotel was clean, presentable and a good location. I found Hanoi more friendly and interesting than I had expected, and I look forward to my next trip to The Serenity and Hanoi. I warmly recommend it.

Room Tip: I had room 303 and enjoyed it. Plenty of glass, so it was light which I like
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed here for 8 nights over the past 2 weeks. I can't praise Son and his crew enough.

This is no 5 star resort, and it's probably getting a little older now too. But u get what u pay for. And for between 20 & 30 bucks, it's well positioned, clean, presentable and has everything u need. There's probably plenty of hotels in Hanoi you could say that about, but at Serenity there's a difference.

Son and his staff are so friendly and helpful. Ask them to help out with any issue, show you where something is, get up early and meet u at 5am in the rain so you're not ripped off by a taxi driver (admittedly they did know me by that stage, don't expect it the day you arrive!) You name it, if it's a reasonable request, I'm sure they'd try their best to help. It's not all free, but never do you feel ripped off. Treat these guys well, and they treat you like family.

Thanks Son and staff, Hanoi is an interesting place, and sometimes difficult to navigate in many ways. I always felt I had you guys to call if anything went wrong! Hope to see you all again :)

Cheers
Rob

Room Tip: There's pros and cons to all the rooms. No lift, so a high floor requires stair climbing. But th...
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights. We came a day earlier (we mixed up our dates!) but they were able to accommodate for us and fit us in that night. We booked cooking classes with them and a tour to Tam Coc in Ninh Binh. Every bit of advice from the staff was great, all of it correct and easy to understand. They recommended places for us to go to dinner including - Highway 4 on Bat Su street (which is very closeby and excellent food...they also do a cooking class!) and The Blue Butterfly, which has a cooking class and also very good food on Hang Buom street. We also had breakfast here every morning which was really quick and good value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Turku, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011 via mobile

My wife and i stayed here for 7 nights in oktober 2011. We were not planning to stay that long but as my wife got sick, we were forced to stay in hanoi. thestaff were extremely helpful; no problem to stay longer than booked, great help getting us to the hospital, getting medicine and booking our tours (we had to cancel one tour at seven in the morning and were not charged for that tour). Moreover, they made a room available for us at no cost to take a shower, as we had a very late flight out. Our trip to Ha Long bay we arranged through our hotel was fine, although the boat had rats and the dayguide did not speak english that well. The hotal was very sorry we were slightly disappointed and offered us a free taxi to the airport 12 dollars worth.

In other words great place for 20 dollar a night.

• Stayed October 2011
Wurzburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

The big plus of the hotel next to the central location is the well-trained and friendly staff. Through their helpful service you have made ​​our stay even nicer. Our room was large and clean. The toilets were disinfected. The bathroom also meets the demands of a German middle-class hotel. For breakfast, the pancakes and coffee are delicious. We will come back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hanoi Serenity Hotel? Share your experiences!