“Good spot right on the lake, extensive menu” 4 of 5 stars

84.4.8.286290
Improve this listing
Ranked #738 of 1,140 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Geneva, Switzerland
“Good spot right on the lake, extensive menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had lunch here on my first day in Hanoi. It has a great spot just on the lake and has an extensive outdoor seating area which was lovely.

The menu was in English and therefore easy to order. Food was good, not excellent but certainly tasty. What I liked most about this place was that it is clean and the food was well prepared.

Very attentive staff and great outdoor terrace.

Recommended for the terrace and views.

Price is reasonable and was £5 for a chicken with rice and a can of Tiger beer.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
Woodbridge, Canada
“Great view of the lake, poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had just returned from our day trip to Ha Long Bay and wanted a quick bite and a drink. We chose this restaurant as it had a patio and a great view of the lake.

When we were on the patio, it started to rain and we had to raise the umbrella ourselves. The staff were inattentive and were more interested in talking to each other at the bar. The food was average at best.

If you want a good view of the lake and don't mind poor service, this is the place for you. Unfortunately, we won't be returning.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely setting & View.. But so in attentive towards customers!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a coffee as their selection is to die for and lovely view on the river.. I ordered a hot latte from the menu to which the waitress said no - don't have. Only have it cold! I was like excuse me?? "Can you not warm it up then?" She flat out replied "NO." I then asked are did she have Cappuccino, as it was on the specials board outside.. I got a no again! So just to check if the electric was off I asked did she have any coffees available warm.. She said yes, and pointed to a section off the menu.. Bizarre!! We walked out scratching our heads dumbfounded and without our coffee!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cape Carteret, North Carolina
“Pretty Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Lazy servers, mediocre food, high prices for Vietnam. It has a nice location on the lake but this was my worst restaurant experience in Hanoi. I was charged 4000 VND for two "moist tissues". That is only 20 cents, but really, charging for dry napkins?

I found the people of Hanoi to be mostly honest, happy and service-oriented. This place was an exception.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hanoi
“Great view of Hoan Kiem Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This restaurant offers good view of the Lake side (not the street side), little quiet in the chaostic of center Hanoi. Foods are reasonable good at affordable price for backpacker. The restaurant upstair is more expensive, mainly for tourists who is fascinating about traditional music (they have live music performance) and traditional royal foods.

Visited February 2013