“Excellent points still outweigh the bad ones” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi

You added Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi to your Saves list
Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   83A Ly Thuong Kiet Street | Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam   |
Ranked #102 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Excellent points still outweigh the bad ones”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Movenpick Hanoi has the best room service cuisine I've had so far. I like western food and I have to admit that I ordered the four-flavored rösti more than once, and the panna cotta too :D.

The rooms were a bit whimsical but extremely clean and with generous storage space. The showerhead was great and I liked the amenities so much that I called the supplier to consider distributing their products in the Philippines. I was able to use the fitness centre, it wasn't that big but it was clean, the machines were well kept and the locker area was spotless.

The hotel was right beside our country office in Vietnam--5 stars!

Low points of my stay? As a business hotel and having indicated on the company booking that internet connectivity was included, they still asked me to pay extra. Good thing I don't put too much weight on service, only the lady at the lobby cafe provided excellent service; the others were either indifferent or surly.

• Stayed September 2012
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I want to thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay; from quality of our room service, to the cleanliness of the hotel.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the internet service and the fact that you had to pay, when this was already included on your corporate rate. To this end, I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel so that I may look into the matter and ensure that any amount which was overcharged is returned to you.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Philip Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Moevenpick Hotel is a nice European touch in the middle of Hanoi. The service is good. Wouldn't recommend dining in the hotel. The breakfast buffet is okay but not great. My spouse chose a fish dinner entree which was not the best quality or freshness. There are lots of nearby restaurants from which to choose.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We truly value your opinion, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

I am grateful to receive your positive comments regarding the service, however I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the quality of fish your wife ate for dinner. It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best product available and with this in mind, please know that all our seafood and meats are sourced daily from reputable suppliers and therefore it is disappointing to receive such feedback. Please know that I will use your comments as a tool to go back with our Chef and ensure we continue to deliver the quality of dining experience that Moevenpick is known for.

Thank you again for your feedback, we certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I'd recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a more modern or trendy hotel. It seemed like a popular choice for business travelers. Anyway, everything was great about the hotel from location to rooms to staff and there were no complaints. They even let us check in very early as we had returned from Sapa and it was 7:00am.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our guestroom product, the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendliness of the staff. I am also very glad that we anticipated your early arrival and were able to accommodate you right away. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Last week I had 3 nights stay in this hotel while traveling to Hanoi on a business trip. Hotel is average 3-4 star one building downtown hotel but the staff and the service attitude that they demonstrate is 5 star.

Wont call it 5 star .. calling it 4 star by means of amenities is also a stretch , I would call it upper end 3 star hotel. If you keep you your expectations keeping in mind that you are in Vietnam and not a developed country .. your stay should be a great.

Pro:

Excellent and friendly staff that genuinely has concerns for their guests
Convenient location
Decently priced at aprox $120 night including internet + breakfast
Restaurants are decently priced $25-30 for a average meal .. (could be little high by Vietnam standard)

Cons:
Nothing , just bear in mind you are in 3-4 star hotel and not 5 star and you should be fine

Room Tip: Select high floor and corner floor I you want a quite time
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the location of our hotel, the value relative to the price paid and the genuine care you received from my colleagues.

We appreciate your recommending our property and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Skien, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a calm oasis in a hectic and caotic city.
You have to make spesific order for breakfast when you make reservation online.
The breakfast was OK, missed som more cheese and cereals.
Gym in 3rd floor was really nice, they lend you sporting clothes, but you must have your own shoes appropriate for gym.
There was some construction work outside, and they also worked at night. We made a complaint to the reception, and within 15 minutes we were located in a new room.

Helpfull staff at reseption, They will do what ever they can to make you happy.
Spacious rooms.
Nice bathrooms
Ideal location: Lots of restaurants nearby, 10 min walk to old city, 15 min walk to lakearea, 15 min walk to Temple of Litterature.
Gym
Quiet
Good AC

Not free WiFi
Breakfast was a bit simple
Not swimmingpool

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I want to thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay; from the quality of our guestrooms and our ideal location, to the efforts of my colleagues to make your experience a pleasant one.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the lack of complimentary internet services, but please know that we have recently included complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby and restaurant for all of our guests. I know this is of little consolation at this point, but I hope you will be able to take advantage of it on your next visit to our property. In addition I also want to acknowledge your comments regarding the variety of our breakfast buffet and we will consider changes based on your comments regarding the selection of cheese and cereals offered.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

i had to choose between 'very good' and 'average' there was no option of selectting just 'good'

good location (good restaurants nearby but a 15 walk to lake, tourist sites), good size room, comfortable beds, good bathroom, courteous staff at Reception, breakfast buffet was OK (some items like dim sum and rolls were cold, awkward designed plates and flatware, some waiters attentive, others, not). The day of departure while waiting in the lobby there was continuous noise, children running and being loud in the floor right above the lobby, perhaps there was a children's event of some sort ?; also a few loud, ill-mannered Chinese guests at the breakfast room., very different type of guests....The hotel charges for WIFI (even in the public areas) whereas most of their competitors don't. This will make me think twice before staying at this hotel again. Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have always enjoyed staying at Movenpick (after all they have Movenpick ice cream), and this hotel was no exception. The hotel is located on a street with many restaurants, walking distance from even more restaurants, and just around the corner from the old quarter making it a great place to start off.

The room was clean, large, and comfortable (with the exception of the arm chair I kept sliding out of) and the staff was very friendly and attentive. When I was checking in the general manager, a young Swiss or French gentleman, came out to welcome me to the hotel and offer his assistance should I need anything. My room rate included 3 pieces of laundry and breakfast. When I arrived there was a fruit plate waiting for me, which sadly was not replenished throughout my stay, and that evening I received some welcome chocolates (again not replenished).

I can not say much about the restaurants as the only meal I ate at the hotel was breakfast and that was good with a wide selection including an omelet and pho station.

I think this is one of the nicer hotels I have stayed in when visiting Hanoi and defiantly one of the better locations. I will try to stay there on my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back overlooking the parking lot are quieter but don't have as nice of a view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi . We know you have many choices when you travel and we really appreciate that you continue to choose our brand when traveling to locations that feature a Moevenpick.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I am delighted that we have been successful in achieving this on your recent visit to Hanoi. We sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding the quality of our breakfast, the size and comfort of our rooms and the friendly and attentive service that you received from all of our employees.

I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the fruit platter and chocolate presentation that were placed in your room upon your arrival. The fruit platter should be refreshed daily and I will address this matter with my team to ensure that we are being consistent in our process. As for the chocolate presentation; this is typically only provided upon arrival, however in the spirit of providing a personalized experience to each and every guest, we would be delighted to note this in your profile and have it refreshed daily. Please contact me directly when your travel plans bring you back to Hanoi, so that I can link your Trip Advisor name with the actual name of your reservation.

Thank you again for your feedback on Trip Advisor, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide fond memories of Hanoi.

Philip Jones

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi? Share your experiences!