“Nice hotel and good value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi

You added Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi to your Saves list
Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   83A Ly Thuong Kiet Street | Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam   |
Ranked #96 of 506 Hotels in Hanoi
New Delhi, India
“Nice hotel and good value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel is located in a central place. It is a nice and comfortable hotel.
If you would like to eat out, there are quite a few places around the hotel where you can get every type of cuisine.
The rooms are nice, clean and decent size. Thankfully, the bathrooms are nice and clean. The rain shower is great.
The staff is very courteous, pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Try the back rooms. Everybody honks and rooms facing the main road can be noisy
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the quality and cleanliness of our guestroom product, the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendliness of our staff.

Thank you again for your feedback, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits and to that end, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Philip Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Movenpick Hotel Hanoi is just like what you see in the website pictures. It is a very good business hotel but only has one restaurant. There is a nice Vietnamese restaurant near the hotel if you're willing to explore. Wifi in the hotel is not complimentary. It may not be ideal for families. Hotel staff are friendly.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize the friendliness of our staff and the accurate depiction of our hotel on the Moevenpick website. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the family friendliness of our hotel and point out some things that you may not have experienced if you were not traveling with children, such as: our dedicated children’s menu “Kid’s Power Bites”, our Sunday Bruch, which features a children’s playroom and child friendly buffet and of course the fact that we have many interconnecting rooms and suites for parents traveling with their children.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Having stayed at other hotels in the city, the Moevenpick is definitely my favorite. I used the hotel transportation and I found it very useful having an i-pad in the car. The rooms are newly renovated, with wooden floors and a very modern design. The bathrooms are big and the shower is great.
The staff are very friendly and attentive - they accommodated all of my requests and they have a good level of English.
The breakfast was my favorite part of my stay - with a wide selection of cheeses, cold cuts, freshly baked pastries, Asian corner, everything one could wish for!
It is very convenient to have taxis available all the time, although the location of the hotel couldn't be better - 15 minutes walk to the Old Quarter or 5 minutes by taxi (at a fare of max 2USD!!).
At the staff's advice, I tried the Sunday Brunch. Again, very impressed with the quality of the food and the variety. Very good value for money. If you like chocolate, you should definitely try their dessert buffet!!
I will definitely be returning to this excellent hotel and look forward to staying there again!

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay particularly our guestroom product, the convenient location of the hotel, the quality and variety of our breakfast and Sunday brunch, as well as the friendliness of our staff.

Again, I am most grateful for your feedback, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits and to that end, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. The rooms were fantastically designed. The shower was amazing. The buffet breakfast had so much choice and was very nice. The porters couldn't do more to help. The lobby bar prices are a bit steep- best to go somewhere else for pre-dinner drinks. The internet was free if you were on it for less than 15minutes which suited my perfectly.
Would definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, on Trip Advisor. We truly value your opinion, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

I am grateful to receive your positive comments regarding the overall experience, especially the quality of service you received from the bellmen and doormen, the variety of dishes available at breakfast and the rainforest showers in our guest rooms. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the prices of beverages in Lounge 83 and while they are priced competitively with other local hotels of a similar caliber, we do also invite our guests to “Linger Longer” between 5pm and 7pm every evening, where we offer a 50% discount on selected alcoholic beverages. It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in service and facilities and I hope you may have the opportunity to enjoy this on your next visit to Hanoi.

Thank you again for your kind words, we certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here and we really enjoyed it, was so handy to go to the train station to Sapa and back, they kept our luggage for several days, room was very clean and we thought it was nice. Only thing is that nowadays we find quite necessary to have free wifi to make skype phone calls, check the mails, wheather, load some maps, check out restaurants. Here it requires you to pay 10$/day extra. There is a cafe in the same corner of the hotel, you can have a coffee there and use their wifi, however it's not the same. Also, they take a deposit from your credit card of 100$ per day, then they release at the end of the stay but it takes 15 days to dissapear. Until then you have that amount blocked.

For all the rest, we really liked the Movenpick.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, especially the quality and cleanliness of the room as well as the convenient location of the hotel.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the price for internet access. Please know that this service is priced competitively with the other local internationally operated hotels and as such our service employs the highest levels of security to ensure your on-line safety. That said it is never our intention to disappoint our guests and we will give your feedback proper consideration for future changes to this service.

Tangerang, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The room is a standard nothing special and there is no bath tub in it. A cheap hotel can provide free of charge internet service but no here, an extra $3/hour or $10/day. Hotel doesn't provide internet in the lobby, i think that is totally ridiculous.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi. We truly value your opinion, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in service and facilities, however I understand on this visit you were allocated a room without a bathtub and while many of our guests prefer our rooms with large walk in rain forest showers and shower wands, we do also have two floors of guestrooms which feature traditional bathtubs. Please know that this can be requested for any future reservation.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the price for internet access. Please know that this service is priced competitively with the other local internationally operated hotels and as such our service employs the highest levels of security to ensure your on-line safety. That said, we will give your feedback proper consideration for future changes to this service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was my second stay here this year and the rooms are still good. I like the design and shower is good.

The internet access is still too complicated to access and too unreliable. One evening during my stay it dropped out for 5 hours and yet still charged to it. It is slow and drops out frustratingly frequently. Definitely not up to a standard for business needs.
It’s still a long wait for the elevator. The tv channels are limited.

The service at breakfast has probably improved slightly. The food selection is still good.
This time I ate in the lobby one and it was very slow service. Couldn’t find anyone to serve me for nearly 15 mins and gave up on finding staff to sign for the bill, I had to ask the reception staff later in the day to find the bill for me.

I was also quite annoyed on leaving about getting a taxi. I had a pre-paid transfer booked but the hotel staff kept trying to put me in other taxis and the hotel car despite my protests. Not a good way to end a stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have quieter rooms but you have to weigh that against a long wait for the lift.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi. We truly value your opinion, as it is from your comments that we are able to uphold our commitment to excellence, thus providing you with customer satisfaction for future visits.

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint our guests or provide anything less than the best in service and facilities and I was disappointed to note that we did not provide you with the timely and quality service that we are known for in Lounge 83. Please know that I will use your feedback as a tool to revisit our service in this area. I also wanted to acknowledge your comments regarding the internet service and I am sorry that this continues to prove unreliable during your visits to our hotel. In order to ensure you do not experience any difficulties on your next stay, I would ask that you contact me personally and I will ensure that whatever defect you are experiencing is resolved.

Again, my sincere apologies for failing to provide you with an impeccable visit. We certainly look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back and serving you again in the refined ambiance and service excellence for which we are known and that you as our valued guests have come to expect from residing at our hotel.

Philip Jones

Been to Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi? Share your experiences!