“I really love it” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hong kong
“I really love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The Pho tai nam is too tasty, it is the best pho i have tried in hanoi, the beef is especially good, Even i go there at around 9pm, there many local people driving there for a good pho

Visited December 2012

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Hospitality world without any single kind of service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Whatever we can have in our Pho which could be marvelous but if the minimum customer service requirement does not exist, we cannot mentioned it as a recommended place for travelers.
The Pho is really good that for sure. But hygiene, service, comfortable environment, menu etc...... Do not imagine that you can have it.
The first time I was there with my wife, we did not catch the rules in this restaurant. We sit down and wait for the menu..... It never arrived and worse when we asked the supposed waiter he just answer us "forget about this, just line, pay and bring the bowl yourself and hope you can still keep your seat!!". What kind of hospitality world we are facing.
The real question that we have to ask ourself is the tolerance of real food amateur!!
Just imagine. Can I open a restaurant without any hygiene, where people sitting in the toilets facing customers sitting in the restaurant and all together are sharing the marvelous food which is cheap!! Our tolerance could push us to have a grade for this restaurant at the highest level of the restaurant in Hanoi??
For me "No way" I respect the hospitality world which has a minimum requirement in terms of hygiene and service. I am proud of my Vietnamese food and will not recommend this restaurant as a Top location to visit if you are in Hanoi.
Whatever it could be good I will not give this image to international travelers or as I am doing it right now: just tell the truth.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Pho I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I ate here four times in a week... Thinking about this place makes me miss Hanoi so much. They have tiny little stools you sit on with groups of othere people. I'm 6'4 and can't imagine how I looked, but the busy atmosphere was so much fun, and it is seriously the best Pho I've ever had!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Pho”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We read some good reviews on this place and decided while in Hanoi to give it a try.

It was certainly worth it. We went with a ground of friends and had some of the best Pho I have had. If you need some Pho this is a good place to try. There are other places in the area, so if this is full looks like there are a few options to choose from.

A+ from me.

Visited November 2012
Washington, DC
“Respect local dining institutions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

When my friend and I arrived, we were a little nervous of seeing a huge steaming cauldron of broth being ladled into a bowl containing raw beef and what appeared to be fat and miscellaneous beef parts. I reminded myself to avoid judgment and "trust the reputation and line that formed out the storefront..."

We ordered two with everything and sat down to eat. As we were face deep in our bowls we noticed a local guy sitting next to us and staring, NO, glaring at us. In broken English, he inquired if we were enjoying our steaming bowls of pho. We confidently said "yes, it's delicious!" He continued, as if to ensure that we understood that the place is a local institution; almost to say unspoken: "and you're not worthy of eating here." At some point in my ravenous consumption, I realized that I should probably breathe. As soon as I lifted my head up, he quickly snapped: "you must finish broth!" My gluttonous ego insulted, I in-turn responded, "Oh, you don't have to worry about that, I'm not finished; I got this!"

I said all that to say this: despite the protectionism by locals over this institution and the potentially intimidating meat and fat display by the entrance, this place is deserving of the title of: institution. The beef was tender and broth thick and flavorful. Green onions and cilantro balanced out the bowl, while adding the house hot sauce will ensure a good moist brow. I would have wrestled that local to the mats if he would have tried to come between me and my precious. Bottom line: "when in Hanoi, do as the Hanoians(?) do..." and give this place a shot.

• Visited November 2012