“Nice small hotel and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Cinnamon Hotel
26 Autrieu str | Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam   |
Ranked #94 of 506 Hotels in Hanoi
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice small hotel and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights for my last trip to Hanoi. This is small hotel with around 10 rooms but very nice service and clean. All staff are friendly and so nice. The hotel has a great location, faces the church and closed to the Hoan Kiem Lake. I love this hotel and will stay here again when I have chance to come back Hanoi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Vientiane, Vientiane, Laos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the lovely Cinnamon Hotel this October and was delighted by the staff's attention to service and detail.

Not only was there a variety of breakfast options offered during the stay, but the staff gave us a mini Vietnamese lesson on arrival and a map marked with locations we were interested in visiting. When we needed assistance purchasing a SIM card for our phone, one of the hotel workers actually walked us to a phone shop and helped us pick the right plan and provider during our stay. Anytime we needed a taxi or driver, the staff would have one ready for us at the front doors of the hotel within 15 minutes. The hotel is right by the st. Joseph cathedral, a delightful neighborhood nearby great locations downtown or in the old quarter. The bells of the cathedral ringing during the morning reminded me of when I lived in Rome.

We were delighted to have rooms that were clean and comfortable, but to see the thoughtful decorations provided... "Welcome" spelled out in rose petals on our bed, fresh towels folded in the shape if novel animals each day, and great wifi. I would not hesitate to stay there again the next time I am in Hanoi. Besides all of this, we even received a complimentary foot massage!

The only reason I gave the room 3 stars is due to the shower situation. Showers are South East Asian style, meaning that the bathroom is tiled with a drain in the floor and has a mounted shower handle and temperature controlled bath spout on the wall but no glass stalls. It takes a bit of care to not spray water all over the bathroom, but if you've lived in or visited Asia, it shouldn't be an issue.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Concluding a four-night stay here, apart from the spacious rooms, with their lovely teak (?) wood interiors and shuttered balconies overlooking St. John's cathedral that exude an old-Hanoi ambience, it's the friendly staff that has made my stay here memorable. Forced to cancel my first two nights just hours before I was due to arrive, they were understanding and graciously didn't charge me (though they justifiably could have). The staff also stored my things, let me use the shower and even offered me refreshments during the week I was away from the hotel, a courtesy beyond the call. Their friendly and helpful attitude was a refreshing change to some other places I've experienced this trip.
The only thing that prevents me from giving an excellent rating is the weak Wifi that sometimes disappears entirely in both the rooms in which I've stayed. (I have to write this from the lobby where there is still barely a signal).
That aside, it's also in a great location, central, but away from the noisy Old Quarter. I would come back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

It's an excellent little hotel that's next to the cathedral, so easy to find. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and the breakfasts were works of art.

• Stayed September 2013
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Cinnamon staff made my first visit to Hanoi very special. They couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The service was excellent at all times & the food was good. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. I have never stayed anywhere so friendly. The hotel is clean, cosy & good value for money. An excellent location too - right next to the cathedral in the Old Town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had stayed at the Cinnamon, Hanoi on our last trip in 2011, and definitely wanted to stay there again. Although the bathrooms are getting a bit 'tired', overall everything is clean and charming. The location is also perfect and so are the meals and foot massage.
However, what will always keep us coming back is Le Manh Cuong and his wonderful staff. It always feels like we are a part of the family and that nothing is too much trouble.
Before we left home, as part of our booking with them, they also booked our next hotel in Sapa and our train ride there. They also organised all connecting pickups and Cuong took us to the train station himself and put us on the train. Can't wait to see them again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed in the Lime room on the top floor which had a beautiful view of the Cathedral and nice balcony for people watching. Service was amazing, though when we arrived at 10 at night and just wanted to drop our bags and go out and get something to eat it was a little too much service. It also should be noted that from 11pm to 6am they close the front gate, so while you can get in and out it's not as easy as just walking in and out. The location was fabulous though, an easy walk to the lake and the surrounding Old Quarter. Be aware of the bells though, the Cathedral is quite loud when it starts mass at 5am. I would stay here again in a heart beat though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cinnamon Hotel? Share your experiences!