“Best budget hotel in Hanoi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camellia Hotel 6

You added Camellia Hotel 6 to your Saves list
Camellia Hotel 6
1.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   16A Trung Yen Lane | Dinh Liet Str, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi 844, Vietnam   |
Ranked #44 of 469 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne
“Best budget hotel in Hanoi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

This is the best budget option in Hanoi. I now stay at this hotel each time I go to Hanoi, which is annually. I have stayed at other hotels in Hanoi and have settled on Camellia 6 as my Hanoi 'home-away-from-home'. Well why wouldn't you? It has the best staff of any hotel that I have stayed in in Vietnam (see the Fab Four pic), an absolutely perfect location and is great value! Nothing is ever too much trouble for the married couple who run this hotel, Anh & Phoung, who I now consider amongst my friends in Vietnam. For example, during my last stay, I needed to get some casual trousers altered. Anh took me on his motorbike to a shop that was a little bit away from the tourist hub of the old quarter, as he knew that I would get a better deal there and even went and collected them for me later that day. All part of the excellent service provided by this hotel.

This hotel has 2 types of rooms, standard and deluxe. I always stay in a deluxe room (at time of writing $20US/night - standard is $12US)) because I like the additional space and having a balcony. My 20 bucks gets me 2 big beds, the balcony, private en-suite bathroom, cable TV, mini-bar, phone, free breakfast (7 choices), free internet and sometimes even an invitation to join the staff to share their lunch! The rooms are always clean and your possessions are safe. As a previous reviewer said "there are only four people who work here and I know and like all of them". This is also very important from my point of view and I echo his sentiments entirely. Over and over again I have seen the Fab Four treat guests like long-lost friends. The staff here genuinely care about their guests and from my observations, become friends with many of them by the time they leave.

I'm already looking forward to getting back there again next year!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

.We had a great time. The service was excellent throughout our entire stay. We stayed in the deluxe room for 5 nights and found it was perfect for us. The rooms and bathroom were clean and the beds were very comfortable.
The location is actually ideal, close to everything by foot, yet in an alley and therefore quiet. The rooms are very spacious, and some have large balconies..
The location is ideal in one of the best street of the Hanoi's Old Quarter. Excellent service is provided 24h. The complimentary breakfast every morning was wonderful-- the pho bo, noodles soup with beef ) especially great. Free of charge computer and internet connection.. Good value for money.Very good for airport pick-up when our flight was late, comfort of the room, booking excursion, flight booking,.The manager was competent and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful in every way-- from booking the Halong and Sapa trips for us, to calling taxis, to arranging for water puppet tickets. We were very happy with Camellia hotel 6 and would not hesitate to stay here next time we are in Hanoi.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Hanoi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

I have lived at the Camellia for two months and feel VERY LUCKY to have found this place. I have probably looked at 40 or 50 hotels and this is the one I chose to stay at.
It was the right choice.

The husband and wife who manage the hotel, Anh and Phuong, are like family. They have helped me with all kinds of things – getting bags repaired, business cards made, travel arrangements, visas renewed, etc.

The rooms are simple but spacious and a good deal. The hotel is on an alleyway so it is much quieter than many of the hotels in Hanoi. The rooms have an ethernet/internet connection that is very good.

Everything is very clean and well taken care of. Also – and this is important to me – there are only four people who work here and I know and like all of them. There are not dozens of random people coming and going. So your possessions are very safe and secure.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Woking
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

our overall experience staying at the camellia hotel has been an enjoyable one to say the least..we were able to enjoy all of what Hanoi has to offer from this perfect location..it is set down a small alley just off one of the main roads in the old quarter, which is prime location to all the sightseeing must sees...the staff were really friendly and were willing to help us with any travel questions we had to throw at them..the rooms were always cleaned regularly and were very spacious.. also whilst staying here we were able to book some tours through the hotel, we managed to visit Ha Long bay and Sapa..the tours themselves were unbelievable, we felt we got good deals through our hotel, as the food and accommodation put up by them was extremely generous for the prices we paid..

if you are looking for a good base camp to settle in to in Hanoi, (old quarter) then i would look no further than Camellia 6...

• Liked — the location!!
  • Disliked — the tv sometimes dosent work!!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arnhem
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

Camillia hotel is not much different from other hotels in the old quarter. Simple, clean rooms with airco and private bathroom. If you stay on the fifth floor you'll miss the elevator, but that keeps you in good shape. The hotel is located in a narrow street with hardly any traffic (no cars). You hardly can't find a more quiet location (but it still is Vietnam...) The staff is great: friendly and very helpfull. Value for your money.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

I had stayed at Camellia 6 hotel for a full month in March 2008, located in the old quarter in a narrow lane with limited motor traffic. I was lucky to get one of the more spacious balcony rooms, and I truly enjoyed the life below in the narrow lane, observing people having noodle soups, and also becoming part of the local neighbourhood.

The hotel is only a five minute walk from the legendary Hoan Kiem Lake, which is considered the hearth of the city. The walk leads through narrow winding, busy streets where a massive variety of small shops, ranging from silk products to ceramic to DVD/music to handicraft shops, can be discovered.

With respect to the hotel facilities, room and bathroom were always very clean, the bed comfortable, and the internet access in the room speedy (there are also two internet stations in the lobby which are free of charge and very fast). The air conditioning
system was extremely efficient, providing cooling as well as heating, as is required during the winter months in Hanoi.

While the hotel can only provide an adequate breakfast, it has does not have facilities to prepare other meals. However, there are plenty of restaurants around nearby.

Most memorable of all, however, has been the lovely staff at this small hotel, who are warm hearted and tremendously helpful in every possible way. During the heat of the Obama - Hillary campaign, the manager even listened to my desire for news coverage switching cable providers. Of course, the other guests benefitted from this as well..

Camellia Hotel doubles as a travel agency, offering various excursions to nearby and far away locations. I can warmly recommend to stay in this hotel.

• Liked — Staff and Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

Recomended by friends at the airport in Hue .The Camellia Hanoi in the Hoan kiem district was the place to stay in Hanoi and I was not dissapoited . This is great hotel for tourists , right in the middle of the old Quarter, just a short walk form the Hoan kiem lake . The rooms are great and staff will help you with what ever you need . They will gladly answer any question you may have in anyway .
Would definitely stay at this hotel again when I return to Hanoi . I highly recommend staying here .
Michael
Sydney.

• Liked — Staffs , location , price
  • Disliked — Prob the stairs !
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Camellia Hotel 6? Share your experiences!