When arriving in Hanoi there are a number of safe (and potentially) expensive options to chose from. More often than not, these are away from the old town. However the beauty of this hotel is that it is plonked right in the middle of the Old Quarter and as soon as you step outside you are really experiencing Hanoi - right on your door step.
It is exceptionally clean inside and it is worth paying additional for an upgrade - we had the room on the top floor (an executive I believe) at little extra cost and it was better than many western chains I've been in for business.
Down side - the hotel is not far from the main road (overpass/bridge) which makes it hard to find. However the rooms face the other side of the hotel so there is no noise to worry about in this respect.
The plus side is that it's a cheap hotel with great front reception staff who speak enough English to get you around the city (if your vietnamese is not as good as it used to be). It is close to all the tour company shops, massage parlours and a number of great restaurants also.
- They have a sister hotel nearby (which is not as good but absolutely fine) if you cannot book here.
- Sometimes they lock the door at 12:00 (pull down the shutters). You can ring the bell to get in (no problems when we did it at 3am) however it is best to tell them you might be late.
- You really are right in the middle of Hanoi and the real Vietnam if you stay here (as opposed to the French Quarter) so keep that in mind if you stay here.
- We were backpacking with the occasional degree of luxury. This is not a backpackers hotel by any means (families, older couples, young couples) but in terms of value for money it is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Old Quarter, the Hanoi Old Quarter Hotel is placed in the area of 36 old streets at the centre of Hanoi Capital. This property is in propinquity to The Museum of Vietnamese Art, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, shops, restaurants and coffee bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hanoi Old Quarter Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.