“Great lunch spot” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 1,025 Restaurants in Hanoi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A favourite with discerning visitors, residents and food critics alike, The Restaurant is one of Hanoi’s premier fine dining experiences. Located on the third floor, The Restaurant’s understated colonial ambience of sleek wood floors and furniture, crisp white linen and warm red and green hues, combined with impeccable service, permeates both discreetness and refinement. With a classically trained, European Executive Chef at the helm of an award-winning team of chefs, cuisine is classical French, with a contemporary twist and subtle Asian influences. Dishes are light and simple, yet with an innovative depth of flavours. Only the finest, freshest ingredients are used. Enjoy lunch and dinner from the a la carte or set lunch menus, or regular culinary promotions and special events. Two private rooms seating four or twelve are superb for intimate dining and entertaining, be it business or social occasions. The extensive choice of old and new world wines showcased in temperature-controlled glass cabinets have been endorsed by prestigious US wine magazine Wine Spectator, with an “Award of Excellence” for one of the finest wine lists in the world. The adjoining Restaurant Bar is a mellow spot to relax, whatever the occasion - especially when it’s Happy Hour. Plump sofas, rattan bar stools and low lights afford a cozy informality. Kick back and enjoy the great choice of beverages - including award-winning wines - or perhaps an after-dinner cognac or port to accompany the finest Cuban cigars, kept in mint condition in dehumidifier cabinets. The Terrace affords great views of the French Quarter beyond the potted palm plants. This open-air, third floor terraced area is where anything can happen – and very often does; host to a multitude of public or private events, be it Christmas and New Year celebrations, wedding receptions and anniversaries, corporate dinners, sporting events and themed party nights. With in-house sound equipment, large stage and informal seating facilities, this is Hanoi’s happening al fresco venue, whatever the occasion, whoever the crowd!
Sydney, Australia
“Great lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Terrific buffett for $A12! Very attentive service. A very pleasant ambience and good wine list.

Visited July 2012
, General Manager at Press Club, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Diner,

We enjoyed reading that you liked our lunch buffet, service and wine list and hope to welcome you soon back to the Press Club again.

Many thanks for taking the time to review us.

• Polish first
brisbane
“great meal, good wine, little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

lovely restaurant, was quiet when we went midweek but service was good. wines and food a little execy for hanoi but definately good quality and more upmarket feel, so worth the price for bit of style/romantic time etc.

Visited June 2012
, General Manager at Press Club, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Diner,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review and we are excited to hearing that you have liked the interior, the food and beverage on offer. We do hope to serve you soon again and thank you for your patronage.

“One of a few place I trust in Hanoi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

As a person who like to be spoil with exelent food and service, PRESS CLUB never let me down. I know this is one of the very few place I can count in Hanoi when it come to give me peace of main where we want to have "perfect dining" with proffesional business people, my family or our friends. Even just to have quick lunch or just couple of coffee with my friends, this place is always be on my top list. The location and the atmosfere is very nice.
When it come to make rsvp, all I did is pick up the phone or email mr Son and all will be taking care of, And all will be taking care off in the very pleasant and proffesional way.

All I can said is you get what you pay. This place is not street vendor or average quality place when it come to the foods, services, location, and the atmosfere.
As resident of Hanoi, I can tell you it's really not a pleasant after you having meal in a nice restaurant then you need emergency trip to a clinic!!! I choose to play safe when it come to hygiene.
And for that, they need to keep up with the best quality in all departments and having proffesional people to help us enjoy this place. So please stop whining and complaint about the price. THIS IS HANOI, we are lucky we can have a place who know very well to accomodate our need.
We always recomend this place to our friends and relative who visit Hanoi. So far every body happy and appreciated my recomendation.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
, General Manager at Press Club, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear AnaBerk,

Thank you so much for your extensive review of our services and we do appreciate your time to write about the Press Club services. We have conveyed your review notes to our employees and we are all excited to hearing that our customers are satisfied with our services. We continuously strive to improving our services and I am delighted to hearing that we have managed to serve you to your expectations. Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you soon again to the Press Club.

Hoi An, Vietnam
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I invited my partner for lunch at Press Club while I was on a business trip in Hanoi. And eventually I was happy with the food and services here. My partner was also very satisfied with the lunch. The staff are friendly and professional, the atmosphere is very pleasant. it's a great choice for business appointment.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
phnhaque, General Manager at Press Club, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Vivian,

Glad to hear that you have enjoyed lunch at the Press Club and many thanks for your kind review. We continuously strive to improve our services and we are glad to hearing that we have managed to serve you to your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon again and wish you a safe trip back to Hoi An.

Best culinary regards,
Melbourne, Australia
“Ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Walked from our hotel quiet night food was good would go back

, General Manager at Press Club, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Mr Tony,

We are delighted to receiving your kind review of our restaurant and thank you for taking the time to review us. Your comments on the food have been conveyed to the culinary & service teams and we look forward to welcoming you soon again to the Hanoi Press Club.