“Golf 1 Dalat - Needs some enthusiam and spiffing up” 2 of 5 stars

Golf 1 Hotel Dalat
11 Dinh Tien Hoang St, Dalat, Vietnam   |
Ranked #41 of 50 Hotels in Dalat
Sydney
“Golf 1 Dalat - Needs some enthusiam and spiffing up”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at Golf 1 Dalat in September 2012 with a group travelling around Vietnam. First appearances were good however..... the staff need some enthusiam, I found them to be disinterested and unhelpful. There was a very old computer around behind the main desk in the dark which I had to use as their wifi unless you stood in the right spot did not work. Breakfast was included in the accommodation, one morning there was none, it had been eaten earlier and the buffet had not been replaced, we had not arrived late we were in the dining room around 7.30am. There was a staff member sitting at the bar on her mobile phone while we wandered around looking for something to eat. The window in my room overlooked the massage parlor with a red neon 'massage' sign that glowed all night through the curtains. This is a tired hotel, the walls in my room had mould in places and it felt seedy to me. It was also quite a walk from town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
  • Thai first
Perth, Western Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Not many positives for this hotel unfortunately.

Firstly, it's location is not central to the town of Da Lat, it is up a dark pathway, about a 10 minute walk from the centre. This footpath is not in a good state and is poorly lit. Can see the potential for accidents, sober or after a few shandies!

The previous reviewers are correct in that this hotel has seen better days in term of decor, odour and cleanliness. Upon check-in a cockroach climbed across my bed sheets - with me sat on the bed!! My room was changed, no questions asked. However, I wasn't too confident about the second room either, with my fears confirmed on my second and last morning at the hotel, when a cockroach crawled across the bathroom mirror and up the wall whilst I was brushing my teeth.

The climate in Da Lat when I visited was cool, so the lack of air conditioning did not bother me. It was quite humid, so guests visiting from cooler climates may find it to be more of an issue.

Breakfast was included but the choice was limited, items ran low, and the breakfast bar resembled a pig trough with food spilled everywhere. Staff sat in the corner of the dining room talking amongst themselves.

I was part of an organized tour group so I'm unsure what price was paid for the room. After all the accommodation I saw in Vietnam over my three week stay I can say with confidence that whatever they paid was too much! Much better value to be found. Stay elsewhere!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Stayed a couple of nights here and must say that it is like living in the 1960ś when most likely they last aired it and remodeled.
Looks feels and smells like the place that the American armed forces apparently used for R&R during the American War in VN.
Rooms have no heating or cooling and hot water is conditional. Dampness and smell are mandatory.
Staff, who are dressed like they live at the north pole, seemed disheartened.
Complimentary breakfast is hardly worth the effort and I found it impossible to get a cup of coffee regardless of coming early or late.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

The hotel is pretty basic and on the edge of town. Bit of a walk over broken footpaths to go to town. noisy road outside - cheap but you get what you pay for - we decided to forgo our booking fee and went to the Golf 3 instead much better

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
HCMC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I booked a room at Golf 1 through Hotels.com and received two confirmations. The day before my expected stay, they told me the hotel was full. Golf 1 offered to book me a room at a different hotel, but refused to refund my money or provide the room I had already paid for. Either an intentional bait and switch or horrible customer service. Be careful.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

I got a room here booked through my hotel in NhaTrang. The rate was pretty good at $20 (400,000VND) which was a discount from the rack rate. The rooms are nice for this price with mini-fridge, water boiler, cable TV... The furnishings are showing their wear. Was confused why my bed was made upside-down (blanket on bottom, sheet on top). Staff friendly enough. No wifi reception in my room on 3rd floor. Leaky toilet. Very comfortable bed. No noise. Included breakfast buffet was OK (Tang instead of OJ) with made to order eggs. I would have stayed longer than one night (I was in Dalat for 4 nights), but the hotel is just too far from central Dalat - it's about 1km walk and I get tired quickly of putting off xe om rip-offs.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Room was ok but staff were young and more interested in each other than customers. Just not interested in being helpful which was a new experience for us in Vietnam. Didn't seem to be any leadership. Out of town.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Golf 1 Hotel Dalat? Share your experiences!