“Top service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chau Au Europa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dalat
Hotel Chau Au Europa
You added Hotel Chau Au Europa to your Saves list
76 Nguyen Chi Thanh, Dalat, Vietnam   |
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Dalat
US
“Top service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The couple who run this hotel are about as kind and professional as you could hope for.

I took a room with a view, which was good. Little of the noise that other sources reported. Plenty of space. My one gripe is a minor problem with the external laundry, which another reviewer reported. But a good experience. The warm atmosphere made up for the repeated bouts of rain and the locals' horrendous driving.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The staff at this hotel was some of the most helpful on all of my travels in Asia. The manager organized a bike for me, gave me directions to all sights I wanted to see and great little gems within dalat. When the bike was dropped off for me the guy told me it was full of gas and to bring back full. I took his word for it and drove about 5 min outside of the town before running empty. Luckily only a few hundred meters from a pho shop which happened to have a jug of gas. The manager delt with the bike rental for me as I obviously was not bringing it back full. The rooms themselves were spotless and beds were very comfy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here for three nights - it was good value for money, although we would have liked to have breakfast included. We paid 250,000 VND for a double room with en suite but no windows facing out. The rooms were comfortable and clean and a nice touch was a selection of magazines in French and Vietnamese and a National Geographic guide to Vietnam. They also have a book exchange. Also, I was shown one of the 350, 000 rooms which was very spacious with a balcony, it looked excellent value too.

The staff were so kind and helpful with any questions that I had and the owner booked a bus for us by telephone when I couldn't get the room phone to work. He also carried my heavy bag up and down the stairs for me.

The other hotels on this trip seem to cater mostly to Vietnamese tourists with little English spoken by the owners we met, so this is a good choice for foreigners.

Room Tip: Look for a room that has windows that open onto the corridor, to get some air into your room if you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

For the price we paid for the room we expected a bit more from Hotel Chau Au Europa. The beds were very nice, the room big & the owners were lovely but the bathroom has lots of mould & ants (woke up to find ants crawling on my toothbrush!). For anyone planning to stay here, chose a room at the back of the building of you can, the balconies on the front overlook a busy road & I hardly slept due to the noise. Also for the price you'd expect breakfast to be included bit it's not.

• Stayed May 2013
Lund, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Everything was excellent with this small hotel. The owner was so helpful, nice and cute! The rooms were big, clean and we had a nice view over the city. Breakfast wasn't included but it wasn't expensive to eat there. They had an ordinary breakfast. The rooms were really cheap for what you get. Really recomend this place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the slightly more expensive $17.5 per night room with a balcony which was well worth the extra $2.5 dollars a night. Our room was spacious and comfortable and cleaned every day. The man who owns the hotel is more than friendly and helpful which helped to make our stay in Dalat so enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013
Zarrentin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel was highly recommended by one couple that we met before our arrival to Da Lat. We were satisfied but hotel is just average. We had cheaper room and furniture was dusty, also visible space between bed and matrace.
We did our laundry but it was even dirtier (some red-brown spots) than before.

But owner speaks fluently English and nothing was problem for him to arrange. He provides you with necessary information, you just have to ask what you want to know.
Behind our wall was terrible false karaoke during the weekend so do not forget earplugs! :)

Anyway our stay was nice compared with price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Chau Au Europa? Share your experiences!