“Great 3 day tour with peter and mr dragon” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 57 Tours & Activities in Dalat
More attraction details
Owner description: Vietnam has a four thousand year history. Following many foreign invasions the country is ready to move forward and develop whilst keeping the cultural heritage which makes Vietnam so diverse. For over 21 years of hard working with lots of experiences, we - Easy Riders - are always committed to ensuring your happiness, safety and security when travelling with us. We are the founder of dalat easyrider group in Dalat since 1991.- We speak English and French.- On our tours travellers can visit the central highlands, the mekong delta ,the Ho chi minh trails, see spectacular views, and learn all about the life of real local people and 54 ethnic living in VietNam. This is the only way to get off the beaten track.- Our tour have high standards, but the price is very flexible and Discounts the price for student- Our Guide are friendly, safe ,and extremely experienced . Many have done this for over 21 years.- You will see and visit places you would never see on a traditional tour bus.Come with us you are at the right place to choose for your journey.Don't be afraid !!! Join us and hit the road to best enjoy Vietnam !!!
Perranporth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great 3 day tour with peter and mr dragon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2015 NEW

Myself and my boyfriend did a 3 day tour from Dalat to Nha Trang with Peter and his fellow easy rider Mr Dragon. We met them at the bus station after a long trip from Saigon and we had already decided we weren't going to speak to any taxi drivers, etc after previous experiences. However we decided to trust them with a ride to our accommodation for a pretty good price as it was 3km to the town. Turned out to be a great decision, once we got there Peter told us all about his tour through the central highlands it sounded amazing and he showed us reviews so we decided to go for it. Best decision we ever made we seen so much from coffee plantation, silk factory, waterfalls, elephants, remote villages with minority people as well as floating villages not to mention some of the best scenery that we would never have none was there had we not done it. Peter ordered food for us when we stopped and it was just amazing such great food and from the most random places just sitting at the side of the road. If you've got the time and the money (75USD per day per person) I'd say do it. The only thing was we planned to stay in Nha Trang a few days when we got there it was a public holiday and we didn't know so finding accommodation was very difficult so book in advance.

Joanne and Craig

• Hungarian first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“3 days trip with Peter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2015

We did the trip from Dalat to Saigon, and had a really good time with Peter and his son. It is truly the best way to see the area around Dalat. Just makes it better that Peter is such an easy going guy who know his stuff about everything especially the best places to eat!

Visited April 2015
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

When researching DaLat the term easy rider came up a lot and it seemed like one person is particular--Peter or aka Binh received many great testimonies and even one particular Vietnam forum regular. Peter is one of the original easy riders--any original should be at least 60 years old and he had been doing this for over 24 years.

So I emailed him and we went back and forth a few times while I was trying to pencil in the rest of our itinerary during our two week stay in Vietnam. Peter was very flexible and patient during the whole planning process, and didn't complain as I made changes to our plans.

I felt very comfortable with Peter from the start--as soon as he picked us up from the airport. Both he and his son are very safe and careful drivers--as Peter says he has "virgin knees".

All throughout the trip Peter was like a mother hen making sure I had enough to eat, drink, getting the best local prices, making sure I wasn't leaving my phone, passport or hat behind, etc. With Peter you will have a chance to eat more local and home style meals. Some of the best food I've had in Vietnam and I'm no stranger to Vietnamese fare as this was my third trip and I've traveled extensively from North to South. He'll pay for his own meals and your meal with drinks included averaged around $3. This one caramelized pork belly in clay pot was unbelievably delicious and each meal seemed better than the last. We also had some of the most amazing coffee in the Central Highlands were coffee is grown and plentiful. I couldn't get enough of the dark, smooth brew.

His strength is in the country side tour--many local native Saigonese who I'm friends with on FB said they've never seen that side of DaLat before. You'll get to visit many different village industries. Peter seemed to know so many people on the road and is extremely knowledgeable. Make sure you get a chance to see his beautiful farm where he has a killer hillside view of coffee plants and a greenhouse full of rainbow colored Gerbera daisies.

My favorite stops were impromptu stops where we would take a break from the sun in the middle of no where and other bikers would come in to rest in hammocks and drink some sugarcane juice. Or when I saw some rice noodles being laid to dry he just stopped his bike and we popped our heads in to see the whole noodle making process. Another highlight was seeing a couple on the road that just collected a bucket of honey from a hive in DaLat's beautiful pine forest. Nothing in the world like tasting organic wild honey fresh from the honeycomb.

Keep in mind the rooms you will stay in will be very basic...bordering back packer style. There were sometimes issues with hot water and you wonder if the sheets and pillows got washed after each guest and most of the walls have seen better days. But don't let any of this deter you...
It may be best to bring a couple extra towels to cover the pillows, etc if you tend to be squeamish about those things. I had realistic expectations about the accommodations and we were ok "roughing" it for about a week.

While doing the city tour in DaLat I would skip the Valley of Love, DaLat Flower Park, and the cement/concrete park. Not very impressive or memorable unless kitsch is your thing. We tried to tell him we weren't interested in that kind of thing but I think I lot of local people actually enjoy those kind of places and it is in most easy riders' repertoire of Da Lat itinerary. Better to skip those and spend more time on the other interesting stops and have more free time to explore DaLat's markets and restaurants. I think I would have preferred to spend a day more food focused on DaLat's specialty vegetables since there are many vegetables that are only found in DaLat and not other regions of Vietnam. Something like artichoke soup or perhaps a dish with okra would have been nice.

Don't forget to try the Nem Nuong one night for dinner. Grilled sausage you roll up in fresh rice paper, herbs and dip in peanut sauce. Also try Vietnamese Pizza or grilled Banh trang. You will see many vendors making it in the evening in the street over a make shift grill...cracking open some quail eggs on top. Those two items are DaLat specialties. Also the peanut coco is delicious at the drink stands that sell hot soy milk and green mung bean drink.

Overall it was an unforgettable experience and I wouldn't hesitate doing it all over again. It was sad parting with Peter after we spent so much time together. He's an honest man and you can talk to him about everything and ask him anything. He has no filter and will give you his honest opinion. Perhaps next time we will do the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

By the way...he will ask you to write a TA review. It is practically mandatory. : ) What can I say? He's persistent and a good business man.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
“3 day trip with Peter Dalat-Nha trang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

This is a must do for anybody wanting a real adventure, Peter is an excellent guide who shows Vietnam to a next level at a great price too. I am vegetarian and Peter made this easy by ordering for me and showing me some great spots. This was worth every dollar and more, you can't put. Price on the scenery and places he takes you. Very honest man and wants you to have an authentic experience of the place he's been driving around for more than 2 decades now. AN ABSOLUTE MUST DO!!

Visited April 2015
“The Best Way to Experience Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

Peter and his son picked me and my wife up right at Dalat airport, strapped down our bags to their motorcycles, and we embarked on an amazing journey throughout the Central Highlands region. This being our third trip to Vietnam, I was not expecting to be overly impressed but the tour was outstanding. There is no better way to see the countryside than on the back of a motorcycle. I would have been content just riding the entire time enjoying the nice breeze and beautiful scenery, but the mini-tours (charcoal factory, mushroom farm, coffee fields, just to name a few) were really cool and informative. Peter is very professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced. In fact, he is the original Easy Rider and has been doing this for over two decades so he really knows his stuff - what to see, where to eat (some of the best meals I've had in all of Vietnam), and where to stay. Truly a great value for money and a must do while you are here.