“LOVED this” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“LOVED this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The guides were awesome at English and carrying all of the heavy gear. They were funny and EXTREMELY helpful. I am a regular rock climber but canyoning is much different. I still had some issues on the last slope and they were all extremely helpful. I'd recommend this to anyone! Even beginners :)

• Hebrew first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Canyoning in Dalat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Easily one of the best things I have done in Vietnam. Abseiling down waterfalls, sliding down natural rock slides and jumping from 10 metres into beautiful cool waters make for an adrenaline filled, exciting day. The guides were friendly, helpful and very professional and I and my colleagues felt completely safe if not a little shaky at times. I totally recommend canyoning with Phat Tire company. I know I'll do it again!

Pinner, Middlesex
4 attraction reviews
“Absolutely outstanding!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was the highlight of our Vietnam trip by a mile. It was our first time Canyoning and it was fantastic!! I felt completely safe the whole time and for an experience it was unbeatable. The whole trip with Long (guide) was brilliant, he was informative, helpful, friendly and just really really lovely. The mountain biking in Dalat was a delight, the views were fantastic and it was just brilliant. The four days were varied and we were given so much information about everything. The scenery over the four days was much better than anything else we saw in Vietnam, including Mekong Delta. Dalat is beautiful. Could not recommend more highly, absolutely fantastic!!!

Singapore, Singapore
7 attraction reviews
“Canyoning, Bike from Dalat to Nha Trang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Canyoning:
My BEST adventure experience ever! My friend and I are the youngest in our group of 7 people, and more people there are, the more fun it becomes, because you motivate each other. Some of the stuff we did: 1)practice abseiling on a steep slope, 2) practice dry abseiling down a 5 or 10 metre cliff 3) 25 metre (most challenging and the highlight) waterfall 4) 5 or 10 metre jump off a cliff into the river - unavoidable! 5) water slide down a fast flowing stream(head first/ leg first) 6) dry and wet abseiling (washing machine) - you are bound to drink some water here! 7)several interval of 10min hiking through mix of simple/rough forest terrain.

The most tiring part was the last steep hike up from the river to the top of the mountain (it felt like it took forever as I was tired). We were panting and made several short 30 sec stops along the way. The team of guides were really fit as they carried our belongings/cameras in their dry bag and 2 bag full of our leftover lunches all the way.

tip: Some physical endurance and strength of both upper and lower limb is required, i would say, for someone who exercise irregularly and in her early twenties. Please bring a pair of fitting socks for abseiling down the 25 m waterfall.

Bike to Nha Trang:
Our intial plan was Bike and Raft to Nha Trang but they advised us that due to low rainfall, the rivers may not be similar to rapids in whitewater rafting hence we decided on bike to nha trang.

I am not a good biker but my friend is. We tried the bike trip from Dalat to Nha Trang as we knew it of its good scenery and the road is new so there are lesser cars. The route consist of flat terrain, uphill 3km, downhill all the way for 30km (I think), and flat terrain and up and down hill until Nha Trang (70km in total).

The route is quiet and relaxing. The scenery changed as we descend from Dalat; coffee plantations to villages to rice fields. It got really hot after lunch and I gave up pre-maturely on the 2nd uphill as I was really tired but thanks to the support vehicle I was able to enjoy the remaining scenery and mountain road near nha trang. During the trip, I fell off my bicycle as I hit an uneven surface of the road, and our guide helped me with their first aid kit. I resumed cycling despite some bleeding on both knees but it was manageable still!

Our guide (apologies, his namecard with my friend) spoke very good english and motivated us to push on especially me, when i was on the verge of giving up. Our driver was helpful too (stopping by the road to take photos of scenery while my friend biked uphill!) despite speaking limited English. There were some issues with my bike when we started because of my height and the bike seat being too high for me so they used their kit and saw off a section of the new bike seat stand to make it shorter. It took awhile but I was really appreciative of their efforts to make this biking experience a good one for me.

Tip: Better be a reasonably good cyclist who has bike for sometime before trying. Strongly recommended for cyclists who bikes reasonably well and love scenery (I enjoyed the scenery very much and I did not regret taking up this trip despite the fall!). Honestly I would pay more than to take a bus from Dalat to Nha Trang for a different experience! And everyone ended the trip with a good sweet cold watermelon feast when my friend finished biking!

Overall: A team of expert and professionals who care for their clients' needs, although they are pricer than other tours but it was worth it!

singapore
“great trekking experience in Dalat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

well, did the Tiger Falls Trek on 16 March, oh boy..totally enjoyed it! Had a wonderful and chatty guide name, Bird, and an American lady who loves running downhills, made the trek more than
what i had expected. The trek is a fairly hard one, which covers uphills, flat and downhills, with
2 almost ruins suspension bridges in between. Walking on it, i feel awesome! Never experience that in my country! Beautiful scenic views of the plantations, farms and mountains. Came across the Chi village, but too bad no one was around at the time we arrived. Lunch was great, Bird did everything. We ended the trek, early than what we expected, ample time to rest and taking pictures. Would love to return and try other adventures with PTV. Overall, two thumbs up!