“Very clean, quiet rooms as the only selling point.” 4 of 5 stars

La Sapinette Hotel Dalat
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Phan Chu Trinh St | Ward 9, Dalat 84 - 63, Vietnam   |
Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Dalat
Hong Kong, China
“Very clean, quiet rooms as the only selling point.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

This was exactly what I was looking for. A quiet place to stay at night while I was out during the day.
The rooms were clean, quiet and relatively new. The air-conditioning worked well and there were a couple of english channels on the TV. The bathroom was clean although getting into and out of the shower may be a problem for people with mobility issues, as it requires a certain amount of twisting to get out.
The breakfast had a few options but I was not impressed. Once was enough for me.
The staff who spoke english were extremely helpful and accomodating.
It is a slight distance from the city-centre and requires a taxi to get around.

I do not recommend the spa services at all. Overpriced and service was far below standards.

Overall, I was happy with my room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Vietnamese first
Nelson, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

new luxury hotel. Worth spending more to get a junior suite room which are amazing. Well trained, positive staff, who are so proactive and helpful. very clean. Breakfast food choice is a bit limited, and hotel is a reasonable distance from town centre, but only 45 minutes walk, or 5 minutes taxi ($5). An oasis of luxury. Concierge very helpful in organising easy rider, taxis, restaurants, shopping.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuching, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

We agree with all the good comments already posted about this hotel. We really enjoyed our stay here - the comfort, the spaciousness, the cleanliness, the efficient friendly staff. It was all a treat, and such good value for money.

Being a bit outside the town meant that we didn't have traffic noise problems, and transport was easily available. The adjacent supermarket was useful, also the nearby market and the laundry which charged only VND 40,000 for a load. Had to do our own ironing, but Housekeeping very quickly supplied an iron and ironing board.

If in Dalat again, we wouldn't hesitate to make a return visit to Sapinette.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stayed for four days (Feb. 25-28) in both a regular room and an executive suite. The executive suite has a separate living room and a separate bedroom and is roughly twice the size of a regular room.

We like the spanking new hotel, the fact that it's one of the few hotels in Dalat with AC (not absolutely necessary but for those few hot days, that can be a lifesaver). Rooms are comfortable, bathroom spotless (and I've stayed in a lot of 5-stars hotels). Compared to 5-star New World Saigon or Caravelle in Saigon (I stayed at both this past month), the regular room in La Sapinette beats the regular room in both for comfort and modern aesthetics.

A few issues which I suggested to management and hopefully will be squared away as the staff matures (it's a new hotel). 1) No chair to use with the computer desk in the regular room. When I asked to borrow one, the staff told me to go get a chair from the nearby Executive room which my family also rented. For a four or five star hotel, they should have provided one, fetched a regular chair from storage for the requesting guest or from another empty room (the occupancy was less than 50% on my weekend there). What if I didn't rent one other room--how would I use the computer desk? We felt that the staff was just trying to avoid fulfilling a very basic request. 2) No tissue paper or Kleenex provided. Most 3, 4, or 5 star hotels provide this as a matter of course.

On the plus side, staff is eager to please (except for the chair issue as noted), and kitchen/dining room staff treats us like kings. "Nhung" in the buffet breakfast staff is among the best I've dealt with--pleasant, smiling, attentive--and I've stayed at 5-star hotels aplenty. Hotel is sparkling clean. Internet wifi is free and works flawlessly in the room. Location is awesome as it's a little outside of the main area so it's much quieter but it's only a short taxi ride or motorbike ride away. We looked at some of the hotels recommended here and passed on all that's near the busy streets/markets and we are glad we did.

If one is only interested in basic food/market items, there is a small, low-key market across the street (about 30 vendors) with some nearby restaurants (one minute walk). I love Dalat and the Dalat people. Highly recommend the night market. Will stay at La Sapinette again as I felt it was the best value and location in Dalat and extremely clean and comfy for our needs.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Hotel opened end 2009 - near new.
All staff very helpful and oblging.
Rooms large, clean and well equipped. Internet access in business centre in foyer.
Location is about 30 minute walk from town centre or 10 minute taxi ride. Minimal noise to interrupt sleep.
Local market and international supermarket at the doorstep to the hotel and outside restaurants within walking distance.
Excellent breakfast included in the room price.
Only negative comment - layout of bath/shower makes entry and exit a little difficult.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

This place....well is just amazing! Everything was 5 star....the staff, the amazing room, the food, the spa. The hotel staff spoke great english and even helped me book flights and a bus over to Nha Tran. I only intended to stay 3 days...I traveled on to Nha Trann....and decided I like this hotel and Dalat so much I came back for 2 more days. I am heading back to Vietnam in a few months......can't wait to stay at La Sapinette!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Cuba MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Fantastic hotel at the edge of town. The staff is extremely kind, caring and helpfull. The hotel and rooms are immaculate and the staff again is very responsive. I came down ill from something I had eaten prior to getting to the hotel. The hotel has a staff doctor who happened to be out at the time. They called an outside doctor who was there in 15 minutes. I was given an I.V. by the doctor. This took two hours in which the doctor waited. The taxi ride to the lake and the central district is about $2.50 and is a cheap price to pay for the offset of the inexpensive cost and great quality of this hotel. Breakfast buffet and wifi is included in the price. There is a grocery store and mini shopping mall attached to the hotel. The surrounding area is typical of Vietnam. We walked to one of the local bars that evidently does not see a lot of tourist. They were glad to see us and wanted to shake our hands. All in all one of our best stops of the 16 days we traveled in Vietnam. Thank You for everything.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to La Sapinette Hotel Dalat? Share your experiences!