“Nice quiet hotel but out of town means it's taxis all the time” 4 of 5 stars

YK Home Villa
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   09 Yet Kieu | Ward 5, Dalat +63, Vietnam   |
Ranked #14 of 181 Dalat B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“Nice quiet hotel but out of town means it's taxis all the time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

This is a very pleasant clean hotel with very helpful staff. The breakfast was adequte without being brilliant. The only downside is the out-of-town location, which means it's best to get a cab each time you want to get into town. Other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

This place was amazing from the minute we stepped through the hotel doors. Having stayed at a few less than acceptable places on our way, we found this place on Agoda. The building was beautiful, with high ceilings, spacious rooms and very clean. The staff were delightful and not enough can be said about the lovely lady at reception. She helped us book bus tickets at cost price, arranged taxis for us, and even sorted an on the go breakfast on our last day. As opposed to most places, she did not try to sell tours but she did help us to book an easy rider only on request. The hotel was a bit out of the centre, but it's a pleasant 20 minute walk and it is also extremely quiet at night. I would definitely recommend this to anyone seeking comfort at budget prices.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in a Deluxe room (one with three beds). The room was spacious and very clean but there wasn't a double bed, only three single ones. No worries, we just putted to next to eachother but it isn't exactly the same.

The bathroom was ok but nothing fancy or special. Except being very clean.

We ate once in the hotel, but it wasn't that good. Also the breakfast was really simpel and not enough to fill a Western stomach.

But the reason why you should stay here is the friendliness of all the staff. They were amazing!!

Room Tip: Ask a double bed
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Nice and relaxed place with friendly staff not too far from the city center (approx. a 30.000 VND taxi ride - less than 1.5 USD). Quiet and relaxed neighbourhood. Comfy beds and friendly staff. Suite was nice and spacious with livingroom and large balcony. If travelling a large family or group make sure that you book at least one room as a suite (very resonable priced considering the size).
Some pictures or paintings on the walls of the room would be a nice touch (just wondered why they didn't have any - but it's still a quite new place so maybe they will have next time we visit).
First visit to Dalat in 15 years - amazed how it has transformed into a beautiful city with friendly and honest people.
Very satisfied with our stay and will be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed here in January, we booked in for a couple of nights thinking we would be traveling on, but soon changed that and stayed for a week. What a lovely family run hotel this is. We would like to thank them all for the wonderful service, genuine interest in our well-being and so, so helpful. Our room was large, exceptionally clean, quiet and had everything you could need. Food was great, drinks were great and we could not believe the bill when we checked out! amazing value. Thank you all for helping make our stay in Da lat so memorable. Hello to dad and we hope he gets to sing his heart out in the new house!
Highly recommended. Ian & Merle

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Klosterneuburg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

In this family owned place we were given the warmest welcome and everybody was helpful and service oriented. The rooms were clean and large enough and the lobby had a comfortable couch and not the obligatory hard chairs. Some of the rooms were very large and with a living room well suited for families. The hotel is located about 20 min leasurely walk from the centre, which has the advantage that it is very quiet during the night (anybody travelling in Vietnam will appreciate this). Lys and her sister went out of their way to help us and even made hotel reservations for us in Na Trang and Hoian.
Elisabeth Weidmann

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days during our trip through So. East Asia. Upon our arrival the taxi driver from the airport tried to charge us double the fare and Lys took charge of the situation, she sorted him out quite quickly. We were very pleased with our room as it was quite large and had a wonderful view with access to a large patio. We had dinner in the restuarant and it was delicious. Sadly this was my last regular meal for some time. Prior to our arrival in Dalat I must have ate or drank something that gave me the dreaded travelers ........ . I was quite ill and needed to see a doctor. Lys, my husband, and I piled into a taxi and went to the local hospital. Big mistake! Since no one spoke English at the hospital Lys was our interpreter. For whatever reason the Dr. we saw said I had to have my appendix out immediately! She had done no tests to check for anything. I am quite out of it with fever but see Lys fighting with the Dr. We then go for an ultra sound which, surprise, was normal. The Dr. still wanted to operate, another fight ensued and we were then sent to another Dr. who said the same thing, operate. Next thing I know Lys takes my hand and says Lynda we are leaving now. So my husband Lys and I run out of the hospital. Lys then takes us to the Chemist and explains what is wrong with me and I get the medicine I need. The point of this story is how concerned Lys was for my well being. When the Dr. was hurting me so bad I cried she was holding my hand. She stood up for me when the Dr.s tried to take advantage of me and my husband. She never left my side until I was back at the house and tucked in bed. Lys and her entire family were so worried about me. Her mom was constantly trying to get me to eat something. One evening my chills were so bad. My husband comes up to the room with a little bottle of some kind of oil Mom gave him with instructions on what I was to do with it. I kid you not, my fever broke and the chills subsided. When I was finally able to try to eat something Mom made a special soup for me. The whole family could not have been nicer to us. We had to check out of our room because the next guest were arriving. Our flight was not until the evening. They gave us a smaller room for my use during the day until it was time to leave for the airport and did not even charge us. We all know how awful it is to be so sick on holiday you just want to be home in your own bed. Well, Lys and her family made me feel so cared for and comfortable that I will never forget their kindness to us in our time of need.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to YK Home Villa? Share your experiences!