“so so” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Ko Samui, Thailand
“so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stumbled on this cafe after I read about it on TripAdvisor. it was evening so thought I would have dinner here. after being in Asia for awhile, I felt like some kind of Western food. I ordered chicken bits, mashed potato and vegetables. it was ok but nothing to rave about. obvious it was not cooked by a Westerner. I thought I read that thebowner was an expat and a bit qwerky. nothing about it was arty or qwerky! just an average experience.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Iligan, Philippines
“Good meal & good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had lunch here and the food was very good and reasonably priced. We had beef stuffed with cheese and chicken with cashew nuts. Both was very good. A nice ambiance and a nice presentation of the food. It is worth a visit.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kodiak Island, Alaska
“First time was great, second visit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I ate here with my boyfriend and some friends pretty late one night, the friends were looking for vegetarian food and this place was recommended. It is a little expensive but our first visit was worth it, most people got clay pots of varying types and they were delicious! The option for brown rice was an added bonus. The fried spring rolls were awesome, too! I had the quesadilla as I had been craving Mexican food for a while and I was happily surprised. Good cheese, good salsa, awesome chicken. Because of our great experience the first time, we decided to go back for lunch a few days later. We tried to order the spring rolls again but they were out. My boyfriend had stir fried veg with crispy noodles, which was not bad but not impressive.The veggies were crisp and fresh but the noodles were not anything to rave about, more like styrofoam honestly. I had pizza, which I usually stray away from but since my quesadilla was so good I decided to try it. Honestly it was awful. WAY too much cheese, the thinnest layer of sauce I have ever seen, and floppy crust. Overall, I would go back but would stick with the clay pots and spring rolls, and even the quesadilla. Service was good but they asked us to leave the minute it hit closing time during our first meal, I don't blame them but as a server it is just not something that I have ever done (no matter how bad I wanted to!) especially with a big table that is spending a lot of money.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Haifa, Israel
“Confused with another restaurant?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This small restaurant was very pleasant, service attentive, but food was not great. The atmosphere is unique and interesting, but this may not be the "original". Next door is the News & Art Cafe, who claim to be the original "Art Cafe" owner and staff. Perhaps the reason for the food not being so tasty? OK, but not worth returning for.

Visited January 2014
Luang Prabang, Laos
“Flavourless”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went here after reading a great review on the lonely planet. Sadly we were very disappointed. Might I add it's the first time in 3 and half weeks of traveling that the lonely planet has failed in terms of recommendations. We ordered 3 meals to share between us and were still left hungry. The vegetable 'curry' was the worst, it tasted like microwaved vegetables in a watery broth like substance. A flavorless broth at that. It was a long way off a curry. Sadly the best thing about our meals was the brown rice. Don't go here.

Visited January 2014