“Pleasant experience with Nikorn Marine” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 84 Attractions in Phuket
Type: Islands, Beaches, Outdoors
Activities: Swimming
More attraction details
Owner description: Our company has been representing the many operators stationed on the two beaches ( Long Beach and Banana Beach )since May,2000. Being the exclusive western/ Thai company associated with Coral Island we provide the necessary service to liaise with the Thai local businesses and visitors in language and selection of the many activities, restaurants and beach positions. We also assist in quality control and environmental concerns as this pristine location, being so close to Phuket can be under pressure as it is understandably so very popular.We provide bookings for resort bungalows and the upscale camping in bamboo salas, advice on the various marine sports, walking trails, fauna and flora.We also provide advice and bookings for local speed boat operators and long tail drivers ensuring fairness in pricing, reliability and safety advice if adverse weather conditions prevail.
“Pleasant experience with Nikorn Marine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I was there for the trip around September 2012. I used Nikorn Marine, although a little overpriced, however the overall experience was good! Great service, beach clean, food at The island's Hey Restaurant was delicious. Plenty of activities there to play with, I tried the banana boat and para sailing, and spent a wonderful day trip at the island. Scenery was also amazing! Clean sea waters, fishes in the sea, Wonderful Experience! And, if I get the chance I will return and use Nikorn Marine services again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Coral Island...The Place to Relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife, Debra & myself spent a week in Phuket in early November. To
say that we had the best time is an understatement…we loved it. We
went over to Coral Island to spend some time with Lim. What a great day we had….B.E.A.U.TIFUL.

Everything was perfect & we will be recommending you
guys to any of our family & friends that travel to Phuket.

Bendigo
“Enjoyable Day Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Our local taxi driver at our resort suggested taking a long boat out to Coral Island to do snorkeling.We organized to go the next day, but overnight and next morning was heavy rain so we rang to cancel. This wasn't a problem at all and planned to do it another day. Fortunately the next day proved to be beautiful, ideal to go out. Mr.9 drove us down to Rawai and our long boat was waiting for us. Short trip across to Banana Beach which was the place for snorkeling. It was a beautiful beach not overly crowded and the option of either chairs or lounges to hire. We chose the chairs at 80baht. The snorkeling was pretty good. It you take the time you get to see lots of beautiful fish. The coral is pretty dull but the fish make up for it. We should have taken advise from Jdt1986's review and taken a picnic lunch with us. The food was ordinary and more expensive than on the main land (which is understandable). A very relaxing day, well worth the visit across going by long boat, that way you can please yourself how long you stay.

3 attraction reviews
“Excellent SASUBA dive on Coral Island organized through Power Snorkel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My daughter aged 17 and I had a superb day on Coral Island. We got there by a private long tail boat and Steve filled us in about SASUBA. I know only SCUBA diving and I have done the advanced PADI last year. With this floating oxygen tank you are only wearing a weight belt and your mask. We were breathing air from the same tank my daughter and I, so I was pairing up through the air tube which is approx. 5 m long and always had her in sight. We could feed the fish with bananas and they ate practically out of your hands. The buffet lunch at Coral Island Club was very nice and staff very friendly. We had an awesome day, thank you Steve.

“Dead Coral Island”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was the most disappointing 1 day tour of Raya & Coral Island. Chalong pier was packed, you can buy a loaf of bread for 60 baht to feed the fish or use the toilet for 20 baht. Our speed boat was packed with 50 people, no one spoke English except us & the tour guide spokem only broken English so if an emergency arose & you couldn't speak English you'd just have to work it out.

After 45mins we arrived just off Raya Island for a 10min snorkel, collecting & signing for our gear as we proceeded to queue & jump off the boat. Many with life jackets on, to say it was chaotic & badly organised would be an understatement. Snorkels didn't work, let in water & had to be changed. Should have been checked by the co first.

Then we were taken to Raya to snorkel off the beach sit on the sand or pay 200 baht for a sun lounger with shade. Fish were great & plenty of them in the rocks but the coral was totally decimated. Seems a combination of excessive tourism, greed & wilful abuse of the environment. It's just tragic but more was yet to come.

A 45 min ride to Coral Island with 'chicken bone curry lunch' & 3 hrs to snorkel with dead coral & the buzzing of the 3 speed boats ferrying 50 parasailing Asians for 2 hrs, not my idea of a relaxing afternoon. The 'restaurant staff' were rude barking @ my wife 'Only 1 chicken drumstick' & the boat staff barking not to get on the boat @ 3.50pm but wait til 4pm.

We went on a fantastic canoeing tour & awesome tour around Phi Phi Islands. The staff were informative, friendly & attentive.

I wouldn't return to Coral or Raya for snorkelling but maybe suggest taking the 2hr trek to Similan Islands instead.