“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 498 Activities in Phuket
5.0 of 5 stars 379 Reviews
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Kata Thai Cooking Class. We offer Thai Cooking Class with homemade styly recipe. Each student will have our station to cook. We have 2 sessions a day. 11am-1pm, and 4pm-6pm. only 2 hours you can cook Thai. Beside 3 menu on schedule,we also have more variety which you can look up on our website.
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were so impressed we're going back tomorrow! She was helpful, knowledgeable, has great communication skills and the food was delicious!

Visited February 2013
Kelly K, Owner at Kata Thai Cooking Class, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking 2nd class with us. I am glad you like all our food. Keep practice and you will make it as best as you ate here.

Porto Alegre, RS
“great food and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Kelly was great, picked us up in hotel. Me and my boyfriend had great time. Learned about herbs and local food. Fantastic suggestions and the food was great.

Visited November 2012
Thank you for your review. Now you know most of the essential Thai herbs which can help you cook it the best. Wishing you enjoy the meal with your family and friends back home.
Tokyo, Japan
“Great time guaranteed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

While spending relaxing time at the beach and appreciating their hospitality in Phuket were just as good as I expected, taking her class surely added a final touch to make my trip the best of the best. Everything that needs to be cooked was laid out on the table and we actually got to peel, mash, grind, and cut. This hands-on experience will absolutely help me to cook the same meals I learned in the class later when I'm back to my ordinary boring life, and everytime I cook, I will remember the great time I had in Phuket. Kelly gave us the recipe, which I will hold on to, and her instruction was very clear and easy to understand (even for me!). Kelly also gave us some hints that help us choose the right vegitables and explained the difference among similar foods. Those information is hard to get from cooking books or on the internet. In this trip I actually learned something useful (cooking Thai food) and can share my experience with my family and friends. I will absolutely encourage my friends to choose Phuket for their next destination and take her class because I truly had fun.

Visited January 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I hope to help everyone to know about THai food and enjoy delicious and tasty Thai at home. You deserve the best how to cook for yourself. Enjoy it.
Melbourne, Australia
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My friend and I loved this cooking class. We did the 11am class and cooked Chicken Green Curry, Spring Rolls, and Thai basil Stir-fry. The teacher, Kelly, was fantastic; she has a bubbly personality, speaks very good English and personally picked us up from our hotel and drove us to her shop. Her shop was very clean, organised and well set up.

The class was fun and we picked up some great Thai cooking tips. There were 6 of us in the class, we prepared the ingredients together and then cooked and ate our own meals. Kelly goes through all the ingredients and recommends the best brands to buy. Good idea to bring a pen to write down some extra notes. The food we cooked was delicious....one of the best Green Curry's I have tasted. Do not eat breakfast beforehand....we were soo full by the end of the class!!

Would definitely do this class again…perhaps with the market tour next time. A must do if you enjoy cooking.

Visited January 2013
Kelly K, Owner at Kata Thai Cooking Class, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your opinion. We hope you like our recipe and enjoy to cook Thai. Eat Fresh and Healthy!.
“Ah-mazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I am no cook but I love to eat and thought I'd do myself some good by learning how to make some of my most revered Thai dishes. All I can say is, what took me so long?! Whether it was the trip to the market (a treat in its own right) or how fun and adorable Kelly the instructor is, or how satisfying it is to eat your own creation - which is made incredibly simple thanks to Kelly - all I can say is that if you're a foodie and curious to learn, don't hesitate to join the Kata Thai cooking class- you'll be glad you did!

Thank you very much for your review. I hope you cook this often. It can be highlight for family.