“Fantastic place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa

You added Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42/5-6 Viset Road, Moo 5, Nr Chalong Pier opposite to 7/11 | T. Rawai, A Muang,, Phuket 83130, Thailand   |
Announcement
New Spa Facilities
Ranked #56 of 659 Hotels in Phuket
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Koh Samui
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed for only 2 nights before going on a liveaboard leaving from the pier across the road, and the resort far exceeded our expectations. I have lived in Thailand for 10 years and have experience of many hotels and resorts, but must say Pier 42 was probably the most unique I have been to. The decor and style of the place are amazing and it feels more like an eccentric, luxury home than a hotel. The swimming pool is small but more than enough for the few guests staying there and was perfect for a few hours relaxing in the sun - make sure you get the right spot!! And to top it off all of the staff were all really helpful, friendly and spoke really good English - even Steve the Irish manager..
Thanks guys I'm sure I'll be back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
s_wainwright2004, Manager at Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thanks Paul for you kind comments. Glad you enjoyed all of the hotel and understood my accent :) We hope you can come visit us again. I'm glad you like the staff as much as me. They are a happy bunch and a great team. Take care and hope to see you again soon. Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

the beds are hard... but ... most of the mattresses in thailand are more like box springs.
the pool is excellent. even has a small waterfall.

rooms have amazing old floors and smells of rich exotic wood.

the only place i could relax.

room service...
the fish and chips are great, if you like garlic... i would ask for none in the batter if possible.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
s_wainwright2004, Manager at Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thanks Jack for your comments and we really enjoyed having you and your wife here. We have ordered softer mattresses and are due to arrive at the end of the month. This will give customers an option if they do not like our current beds. I spoke to our chef and we can do the fish without batter on request. The team and I look forward to seeing you both again soon. Best Regards, Steve
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was due to stay at Pier 42 on the 12th November 2012 but broke my leg and was unable to travel till the 1st of December 2012. We had booked through Agoda.com and when I called to change the booking the telephonist (at Agoda) contacted the hotel who said that they would honour the original price per night which was on special offer when we booked and also waive the cancellation fee. None of this was expecetd which was a nice gesture and greatly appreciated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for making your comment before you arrive. Peung our receptionist dealt with the call from Agoda and from what I hear did a great job. I will pass on your praise which will make her very happy. Hope your leg gets better very soon and we look forward to meeting you. Safe trip, Steve
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and can honestly say it is one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. It really is an oasis of calm in Chalong Bay. Our room was immaculately clean, the linen white and spotless and the decor stylish. Our room overlooked the pool, which was beautifully set out. The resort has a lovely colonial feel to it, with lush tropical plants throughout and chairs set hidden away in alcoves.

The breakfast was lovely, with fruit, cereal, muesli, yoghurts set out, and then a menu with Thai and Western dishes to choose from. I had pancakes one day and omelet on toast the next day. Every thing was cooked perfectly and presented to a high standard. I also ate in the restaurant a couple of times and found the food to be excellent.

My friend and I had an aromatherapy massage and it was just bliss. My therapist was Chon and she was very attentive and used just the right amount of pressure. I have had many massages and this one was one of the best.

I think the biggest asset of the resort was the staff. Everyone, from the managers Steve and Geoff, to the cleaning staff had a smile and a kind word for us. They were attentive and helpful. The level of customer service extremely high.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Chalong area. It's the perfect place to stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room overlooking the pool. I'm not sure there's a bad room here!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WOW thanks Jo. You are welcome back any time :) Its a great boost to all out staff when we get a comment like this. We will do our up most to keep this standard up and we are always looking to improve. We hope we can provide your customer with the same experience you had and we wish you all the best for the future.
Best regards,
Steve
Buckingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel whilst diving in phuket and it is ideally placed for diving being on the main route to the dive pier. The street it is on is awash with dive shops and dive operators.

The rooms are very nice. Good clean linen, high levels of cleanliness and good aircon. The rooms are simple but no real problem with that. The bathrooms are kept very clean.

The coffee shop is ok but avoid the burger. If you are away from home the shop stocks lots of European goods to give you a taste of home and an alternative from local food as a change.

All staff who work at the hotel are very courteous and helpful.

The spa is not the cheapest in the area but I believe it is the best and the cleanest with the most relaxed atmosphere.

The pool is good and well maintained and is a little bit of calm away from the frenetic street life.

Two problems with this hotel. This was my first trip to Thailand and I was surprised at the bar life/prostitution in the area. The girls are ok but just a bit pushy and loud. They stay well away from the hotel and when you close the hotel door they disappear but they do encircle the hotel. Secondly I was sat by the pool one day and two rats appeared next to me. I complained to the management who were genuinely apologetic for this. It is fair to say Thailand is not in the first world and rats are a fact of life. The manager explained the owners are Buddhists and killing the rats was not an option but they use non lethal traps around the hotel. My wife used the pool without incident so I would not hold this too hard against the hotel.

I would stay in this hotel again without question and I would recommend it to a friend

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments John and will definitely improve on what you said. I'm very sorry if you had a bad experience with your burger. It is our best seller and home made, but the day you ordered one must not have been up to the right standard. I apologise and will look into what went wrong.
There are girl bars in the area but this is very common in Thailand. Our rooms are hidden from the road side and I believe far enough back in a very quiet and private surrounding for our guests to relax.
Rodent problems again are common in Thailand's streets. This is due to rubbish from other businesses being left on the street for collection in the morning and other factors. We did have a small issue when you stayed at the hotel but it has now been resolved. The owners of the hotel including myself are against harming any animal intentionally. This makes it a little more difficult to solve rodent problems with out any poison or sticky mats. We now have a new company that comes every week to check, catch and take away any rodents in our resort. We also keep the resort to a high clean standard and get rid of rubbish everyday. We are now rodent free :)
Thank you John for your comments, we have made adjustments since you left because of them, and we hope to see you again very soon. Best Regards, Steve
Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hi
This was my second stay here. I wanted to review Pier 42 after my last stay, but I was greedy and I decided to keep it a secret and have it to myself.
It is such a great little hotel and after this stay I just had to share my experiences.
I will start with the staff, from the GM to the cleaning ladies they all go out of their way to help make your stay perfect.
The location is excellent with a 7/11 across the road, bars and restaurants up and down the streeet plus Kan Eang @ the Pier just a few steps away. It is arguably one of Phukets finest sea food restaurants. Street food vendors cook in the street day and night and serve some yummy treats.There is a daily afternoon market at the end of the street, turn first right at the round about and it is about 100 m from there. Here you can experience many delicious local foods and is well worth the visit.
The hotel restaurant/cafe has a small menu but it is nicely done with some interesting dishes and it also serves the best coffee (Doi Chang) with pastries and cakes. It is nice to just kick back and watch the passing parade on the street while enjoying a great coffee.
Breakfast is served up stairs. It is very relaxed with a nice selection of cereals, an egg station, the eggs Benedict is a must have and the toast is thick and brown yum.
The rooms are modern and spacious, the beds are very comfortable and there is a wide selection of tv channels both Thai and international. Wifi is free through out the hotel .
When you think you have run out of things to do, they have a fabulous gift shop within the hotel with a great stock of exciting products sourced from all over Thailand but mainly the north, so if shopping is your thing then this is the place, look no further.
Thank you to all the staff see you soon .
Pete

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
s_wainwright2004, General Manager at Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thanks Pete for your kind comments, means a lot to me and the staff. We really hope you come back and visit us soon. We are going to have a new food Menu by the end of September which we hope you can try out. If you ever need any help booking a room or advise while in Thailand please email me at res@pierfortytwo.com. Take care, Steve
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My friend and I arrived bedraggled from our adventures in Phang Nga Bay and we were greeted by genuine warm smiles and a delicious glass of juice! The hotel is just lovely. Clean, airy and stylish. It felt like a home away from home right away. Wood floors, lovely wooden furniture and great atmosphere. There is a clear blue pool, fantastic coffee shop and boutique with all sorts of lovely reasonably priced items!

The staff were so friendly and helpful. They helped us organize our trip to see the Big Buddha the next day! Breakfast was delicious- eggs benedict mmm!

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for your lovely comments. We try to look after our staff as best as possible so they enjoy work and help our customers as much as possible. We now have much more stock in our design store and alot of new products you wont find anywhere else in Phuket or even Thailand. We hope you can come back and see us again soon. Thanks again, Steve

Been to Pier 42 Boutique Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!