“Abuse of monkeys” 1 of 5 stars

Houston, Texas
72 attraction reviews
“Abuse of monkeys”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The monkeys are kept in small, metal cages and some are clearly distressed. Please do not visit this horrible attraction.

Visited December 2013

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“I also wish I had read trip advisor before I had gone.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

As has been said before, the tricks were good, although I didn't like the errant monkey in the bunch play biting my finger. The trainer looked a bit worried when he grabbed my finger and didn't let go.

They seemed to be kept in cages most of the time and probably only taken out to train. As soon as I saw the monkey at the entrance in a metal chain dog lead I felt I had made the wrong choice. I left the place a bit entertained, but mostly uncomfortable and guilty. I was under the wrong impression that they'd be free to roam.

It is overpriced as the show lasted 20 minutes. I would not recommend here, but if you have to go there's no need to buy pictures, just take them yourselves to avoid giving them even more money (200 Baht/picture).

Visited December 2013
Newport Pagnell, United Kingdom
“So sad! !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Although the monkey did some good tricks, the owners didn't seem to care too much about their welfare. They were all chained up and locked up in small cages. It was an expensive experience that we wished we gad never done. The show was rubbish and we all came out quite upset for the monkeys. Please don't go there :-(

Visited July 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Not an animal lover but...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm not a tree hugger, I think reactions towards most animal shows are unduly negative. In other countries, animals seem happy and healthy and enjoy working with their trainer. BUT NOT HERE. These monkeys and elephants don't work for treats, they work from fear. Its clear they're being mistreated and are afraid of/aggressive towards their trainers (who gave no treat rewards). Seeing this show ruined our day. I felt guilty for giving these people money. Again, I'm far from a peta member, but even I was offended. Don't go.

Visited July 2013
australia
4 attraction reviews
“Avoid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Monkeys are not well cared for, show is pretty poor.
During the show the monkeys can be very grabby and at one point are encouraged to play bite me, now I do not want to have my hand in a monkeys mouth at anytime but when the trainer encouraged to monkey to bite I was told not to jerk my and away or the monkey might bite for real.

Avoid do not waste your money

Visited May 2013