“Great Hotel for great price! We've loved it here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kata Beach Studio

Save Saved
You added Kata Beach Studio to your Saves list
Kata Beach Studio
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   90/5 Khoktanod Road | Kata Beach, Phuket, Thailand   |
Ranked #176 of 458 Specialty lodging in Phuket
Phuket
“Great Hotel for great price! We've loved it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

This is a really nice hotel! The location is great, short walk to the beach, lots of restaurants nearby! The staff is very nice and helpful and speaks great english at the reception. The room is big, has a little outside kitchen area, fridge, microwave, free wifi, good Tv! Very clean and you get fresh towels and sheets every day. The rooftop pool is nice and relaxing and the bar is good to have up there as well. Nice people! We are staying here for a whole month and I would recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I booked three nights here because I wanted a place that had some cooking facilities.

Pros - clean rooms, quiet (ask for a room off the street), simple but nice rooftop bar. Helpful staff, and the front desk person spoke excellent English.

Cons - Even though they have cooking facilities, they have the small bar sized refrigerator, which is kind of useless. I like to have ice for iced tea etc. so I had to go to the family mart and buy ice, which is not a big deal but of course it immediately melted in the refrigerator (no freezer) and made a mess. There is also no microwave - only a cooktop.

I liked the location, about a 15 minute walk to the beach, and there are plenty of nice restaurants right near the hotel. The taxi mafia killed me for 800 baht to get back to the airport, but I tried several places and could not get it any cheaper. The rooftop bar had a very friendly and helpful bartender (Tik?), but was deserted when I was there in late afternoon.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Kata Beach Studio is great, simply said. It is for good price, good service. Rooms are clean, modern, big enough. Balcony view to another building is not that great, but we did not spent much time on the balcony. Pool on the roof is really good to relax for a while. Food is not the best, but there are too many other restaurants around.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a nice, clean and cheap accomodation and don't need sea view and beach within 100m. We always rent a scooter and drive with it down town.
Really great restaurant down town in Kata - The Horn Steakhouse

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I stayed at Kata Beach Studio in early December. I was very impressed with the open concept lobby and appreciated the friendly staff presenting me with a cold glass of orange juice as I approached the receptionist.

The receptionist spoke english fluently and was able to assist me with making phone calls regarding my lost luggage. I had no problems with my online reservation and was checked into my room immediately.

I found my room to be very clean and comfortable and I really enjoyed my balcony view of the Kata Hills. Of course staying in Phuket, I found myself quickly heading upstairs to the rooftop bar for a couple pints and to check out the pool.

Tik, the rooftop bartender, was very friendly and spoke english perfectly. I enjoyed our conversations over my week stay and she really seemed to enjoy talking to the patrons. During my holiday, I found myself heading upstairs just to say hi before going out on the town. The rooftop pool/bar is amazing, if you don't stay at Kata Beach Studio I recommend just dropping in and checking it out.

I had a very nice stay at Kata Beach Studio and I will stay there again if I ever make it back to Phuket.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Arona, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

Very beautiful place.. we stayied 1 night only on our way to Phi Phi and Krabi (Phuket is not really for me) and I am happy I've chosen this place.
Great location, Kata..away from GoGo bars and drunken Holiday makers.. Very very clean, the room is amazing! With kitchen in the balcony and a room swimming pool. Definetely reccmmend this place to everybody

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

rooms are nice and big, and the views from some of the room are great. there's a small roof-top pool and bar, also with great views to the nearby mountain. staff is helpful. located about 10 minutes from the beach. recommanded!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for the 'budget' part of our trip around Thailand in the low season. The rooms were very clean and quite large with an nice bathroom and seperate shower (rare in thailand) Only cost 800THB (£16). Roof top pool and bar excellent especially for this price. Most staff don't speak any english, particually difficult when your trying to check out early and the night porter just keeps staring at you as he can't understand! Free Wifi in rooms with good connection, availiable in pool area too. Breakfast average. Room at back of hotel very quiet, room at front noisy due to road noise. Walk into Kata beach approx. 10mins, no pavement, good to bring torch for night time. Overall, good budget hotel with excellent pool facilities. Would stay again in room at rear.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Kata Beach Studio? Share your experiences!