“not the best hotel in Phuket” 3 of 5 stars

Amora Beach Resort
322, Moo 2, Srisoontorn Road | Bangtao Beach, Phuket, Thailand   |
Ranked #289 of 648 Hotels in Phuket
Moscow, Russia
“not the best hotel in Phuket”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed at the hotel in April 2011 with my friends. The hotel is definitly not the best in Phuket. The hotel is old. Our room need renovation badly. Private beach waspoor. Wifi was really very slow. We didn't like food at the hotel and it's also rather expencive. The staff was very often unpolite and sometimes eben rude. I can not recomend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
somerset uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Just a one night stop off here.

Room was cleanish. I found a maggot in my bed so that made me feel a bit sick. We arrived late so ordered room service. had to wait for phone to be amswered. I tried to order 2 ham and cheese sandwiches. I was told to s l o w d o w n. I asked in Thai for 2 (song). They put the phone down. Not sure if it was ordered or not!. It turned up but just one arrived. I explained I asked for 2. They went back for the other.

water in bathroom was an off colour not nice to look at.

The alarm in the morning was not great (a stray dog barking outside our room!!

When we looked outside it was a dump!! We ordered breakfast for 7.30 - 8.00. I rang them at 8.10 and they said wait 2 minutes. i ordered food for 3 of us but only got 2 (what a surprise) was nothing special!!!

Glad to check out this hotel!!

Room Tip: Avoid this unless you want to be in Benidorm!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

The hotel was clean and staff polite.
Two swimming pools, one very large and always almost always empty as people went to the beach which was also very nice.
Not a lot to do at night as hotel is out of the towns but a couple of good restaurants on the beach.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
imerovigli
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We had a great moments and we have good memories of our stay in AMORE. Christmas Eve dinner was perfect and very rich variety of dishes. staff very friendly like all people in Thailand.
The hotel has excellent private beach but I would rather be

The hotel has excellent private beach but I would prefer to have better rooms, renovated bathrooms and better equipment on the terraces and swimming pools (chairs, tables, umbrellas). in such a beautiful environment not matching plastic and non-looked after.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

When we arrived we found most of the staff to be friendly although the porter didn't know how to smile. Maybe he would have if there was an elevator. The place is old and requiring a lot of work. It has a musty smell to it and marks on the walls from water. The room was passable the floor and furnishings were clean, but it's the age of the building that was a let down. The pools were good, and the main one was huge. The beach was disappointing and had rubbish everywhere, and there is a sign that said 'no swimming'. We arrived at the start of the wet season, so I think that is why the beach was dirty and isolated. It is probably lovely during the main tourist season. There wasn't much around this resort. The food we bought at the restaurant was average, although we did a cooking class and the food they cooked was delicious, and we thoroughly enjoyed the class. The internet access is a joke, so slow. There is a restaurant next door called 'Sugar Cane' and it won't disappoint, they cater for tourists although their thai food is very scrumptious. They are reasonably priced as well. All in all this place was passable, but we got bored as there wasn't really anything to do.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

We went to the Amora Beach for a long weekend with some friends and our 1 and a half year old baby. The rooms were fine - they are dated and I would not describe the bathroom as clean to say the least but since we did not plan to spend much time in the room this was not a big issue.

The real problems were the staff and the food. I cannot believe how rude and unhelpful the staff were. They would not even look at us when we spoke to them and refused to book us a taxi to the airport when we were trying to leave - nor did they help us with our bags - despite the fact that I am pregnant and had a young baby with me!

The food was also terrible - we avoided eating in the hotel after the experience we had on the first day. There was nothing suitable to feed our one and a half year old unless we wanted her to live on plastic sausages and chips!

So I would not go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Amora Beach Resort? Share your experiences!