I always do this myself - finding and ordering hotels and resorts, looking for places and conditions. This time a looked at nice internet site of this company, read ther declarations and trusted my holidays being organised by 'Dive the world'. What result did I received?
1. Slow reaction on my e-mails, when I got really warried, had to use skype to communicate with them.
2. Higher prices on a resort accomodation then it stated in many other places for the same room type. No answer on question 'why'.
3. Payed 100% deposit and waited THREE days before 'Dive the world' confirmed that they got my payment. In the very same bank that I payed from - just two mouseclicks away.
4. Due to their slow response, we could not get all of our holiday at the same resort and had to move to another for last two days. My wife was furious about it (didn't want to stay two days on converted oil rig in the middle of the sea) and left two days earlier.
5. No information that actually the resort accomodations was very poor equipped for living for a VERY HIGH price. No air conditioning, rusty mirrors, not even a TV, very poor overall impression for as much as 500US$ per day per room. I'd consider 50$ really fair price for that apartment. Talking about Sipadan Wated Village resort.
By the way - diving was very good. But I'll sure pick another company and another resort next time on Sipadan holidays.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
May 6, 2011
Report response as inappropriate
Thanks for your review although I am sorry to note it isn't all positive. I will try to respond to your comments:
Slow email responses - we have a team of email responders who always strive to reply quickly with informative responses. This is one area for which we consistently receive praise, so I am surprised and disappointed by this.
We generally sell at the same price as the resort or liveaboard itself. Never more. Often less in fact and indeed at the time of writing we are running Malaysia specials making us cheaper than all of them.
We cannot confirm receipt of funds until they are received. Was this over a weekend perhaps?
I am sorry your Sipadan experience was not to your satisfaction. Booking well in advance is recommended. Your comments on the resort are noted.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.