We stayed 7 nights in a 3 Bedroom Grand Beachfront Pool Villa from 11th January until 18th January 2012.
This was our second stay at the Village Coconut Island. First stay in March 2009.
There has been a big development since 2009. There has been added a main pool, so there now are 2 mains pools and two water slides, which our 5 year old daughter liked very much. So did the adults.
There are now two restaurants at the resort and both are very good. The one in front of the beach has the breakfast buffet which are very good and we enjoyed it every day.
We rented bikes and explored the Island which can be highly recommended. Other activities such as kajak, sailboat etc we also used on a daily basis which we all liked very much.
Prior to our stay we were in contact with the reservations department and everything went smooth during booking. Actually we only booked a 4 night stay but after 2 days at the Villa we decided to take 3 more days. Also we persuaded my wifes parents to join us. My wifes parents stayed in a Jacuzzi suite the first 3 days of their stay and it gave us possibility to see that type of accommodation.
The Jacuzzi suites are nice and very well build. They are not beachfront but then off course cheaper than the beachfront villas. The last 4 days they stayed in our 3 beedrom Beachfront Villa in 254 m2, so plenty of room for all of us.
The Beachfront villas are exceptional. We have searched very detailed in the Phuket area for similar Villas and only found a few resorts which offers similar. But none of these other resorts offer beachfront villas of the same size, quality, and spectacular views as the beachfront villas on Coconut Island.
You have you own private pool, and a private garden with a lawn where you can play ex. beach tennis and the children can run around and play. It is really a fantastic way to spend your holiday. And the beach begins where your gardens ends.
The view to the beach and sea are the best we have ever had. In the evening/night you can sit on your large balcony on the first floor of your villa and enjoy the moon lighted view with a G & T or a cold Singha and listen to the sounds of the nature.
No other disturbances.
The beach on Coconut Island is despite what other reviewers have written very good. Off course when there is low tide, then you cannot swim in the water. But when there is high tide the water is nice and calm are we were swimming in the sea every day.
The beach is cleaned every day early in the morning so you have a clean streach of 500 meters pristine beach with coconut palms. No sun loungers etc and no people on the beach in front of the villa. Exactly what we want.
Please note when I say “cleaned” it is not human waste that are removed but washed up seaplants, palm tree leaves etc.
If you desire more nightlife, then Phuket is 5 min away with the Village boat. When there is high tide you leave from the main pier. During low tide you will be driven to the pier handled by the locals on the Island.
However the afternoon drinks at the beachfront bar during Happy Hour are highly recommend and was enough nightlife action for us.
We had no problem with the taxi drivers from the Phuket pier. Maybe the Phuket taxi “association” has higher prices from the Phuket pier, but the price is still much lower than Vestern Europe and who wants to argue about 100 or 200 bath for a taxi trip to a destination on Phuket.
I can highly recommend The Village Coconut Island as the best place to stay in Thailand.
It is noticed that there are some rather bad reviews here on Tripadvisor. I must say that I totally disagree with the bad reviews where visitors are unhappy with location, accommodation, facilities, noise, power supply etc. We have never had anything to complain about and the service from the staff has always been top notch.
… And we will be back again to a Beachfront Pool Villa at The Village Coconut Island.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Coconut Island Hotel
- The Village Coconut Island Hotel Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most exciting and unique Phuket resort, The Village at Coconut Island is the best place to enjoy your next holiday.With an excellent range of rental villas and hotel suites, matchless leisure facilities and a beachfront island location off Phuket’s east coast, The Village really is the most exceptional Phuket resort.44 beautiful pool villas with sea views116 luxury Jacuzzi suites500 metres of untouched island beachfronta complete collection of watercraftfun and exciting adventure activitiesrelaxed waterfront settingrestaurants, bars and shops onsite.On an island off Phuket, The Village enjoys undisturbed privacy and absolutely amazing views of Phang-Nga Bay.All this is closer than you think! Just 5 minutes on-board our private water taxi to the Phuket mainland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers and Otel so you can book your The Village Coconut Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.