“The Village Coconut Island - an all around great resort!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Villa   |   51/7 Moo 6, T.Koh Kaew, Phuket 83000, Thailand   |
Ranked #82 of 599 Specialty Lodging in Phuket
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Round Rock, Texas, United States
“The Village Coconut Island - an all around great resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I spent a week at The Village Coconut Island in July of 2012. This was a family vacation with my wife and 7 year-old daughter. I can truly say that this was one of our best vacations ever. The beachfront villa was amazing... The service was top notch and everyone on the staff was genuinely friendly and caring. My daughter had a great time participating in the kids club activities as well as meeting a few new friends. The food in each of the onsite restaurants exceeded expectations. I highly recommend a visit to this resort if you are planning a stay in Phuket. That is if you enjoy peaceful getaways, but also being close enough to all the other activities that take place in Phuket.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a beachfront villa - well worth it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ashmanator, General Manager at The Village Coconut Island, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear BlueWaters58,

I would like to Thank You for taking the time to review The Village.

We were all thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here so much. As you say, the beach front villas are spectacular. I am also pleased that your family enjoyed the food, service, kids club and everything else.

We are all looking forward to having the chance to meet you and your family again.

Mark Ashman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Visited coconut island for 6 days in sept 2012 and first impressions it looked amazing but once we got shown our jacuzzi suite we were very disappointed as its not a 5 star. The pool had missing tiles, the decking was broken and bathroom area was in need of refurbishment but to top it all I found a cockroach inside a glass in the kitchen area so that was the final straw so we contacted the reception and asked to speak to hotel manager. Our luck was in as it was an English man called Bernie who came to our room straight away and he looked shocked once shown all our complaints. We had travelled with friends and they had same villa suite as us and they were disappointed too so Bernie decided to offer us new bigger, better villa if we were willing to share so we all agreed and moved. Wow wow wow what an upgrade we got a true 5 star villa with 3 bedrooms, kitchen dinning room, lounge, patio and large pool. We were finally delighted and couldn't thank Bernie enough. All I can say is if your thinking of going book a large villa on the front with sea views, they are all stunning but would not recommend a jacuzzi suite as they were very disappointing. The resort is very relaxing with 2 restaurants and a cocktail bar so if your looking for more its not for you but the views were stunning and the boat trip across to the mainland was lovely(free) We enjoyed only because of upgrade and would not return unless we had same villa

Room Tip: Beach front villas are stunning
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear feeeScotland,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Village.
I was very saddened to read of your first impressions when you arrived. The Tropical jacuzzi Suite was obviously not prepared well enough, for this we sincerely apologize.
I was slightly more pleased that Bernie was on hand and managed to resolve the situation.

The Beach front Grand Villas are very very special, I am sure you were very pleased when you received this upgrade. I notice that you have only put 2 stars for the rooms section of the review, despite describing the villa you stayed in as "wow wow wow wow". I didn't really understand that?

Thank You very much for taking the time to review The Village

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked our accommodation through Livingsocial deals. Was very delighted with our find. We absolutely love the island and the day trip to Rang Yai Island. Food was awesome as were the Thai Massages. A perfect getaway from the hussle and bussle. A really relaxing time yet close to the mainland for some adventure. Would have stayed for longer if we could. They need to fix the generator as it switches off around 1-2 am which switches off the AC. You wake up all hot and sweaty and have to get up and turn on the AC manually. We actually traveled in Feb 11.

Room Tip: All pretty much the same I think. The water front is all time share.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear travelmad_11,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Village.
We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay here and that your particularly were able to relax.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the food and the Spa, of course would help you relax.
The generator does not require fixing, we run 3 generators over a 24 hour period which we rotate every 8 hours. Whilst we are switching from one to the other , there is a short cut. This normally lasts no longer that a minute or so. Normally our air conditioning units are programmed to come on automatically if there is a cut, I do apologize that yours did not, it must need re-programming.

Just for the readers benefits, the water front Grand Pool Villas are not timeshare only, in fact none of our accommodation is timeshare only. All our accommodation is available to everyone.

Thanks once again for taking the time to review The Village.

tropical regards

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have just got back from staying at The Village and I had a fantastic time. When you come around the corner of the island on the taxi boat and see the village lit up at night you realise what an amazing place this is and it makes me sad that people have reviewed it unfairly. I think that some of the previous reviewers fail to understand what a great job the village team do, it is on an ISLAND, so they run all the power on a generator and although the power switches from one generator to the another 2/3 times a day it is off for less than a minute; where as on main land Phuket the power-cut's that are very frequent last for hours! Here you get every comfort in an island surrounding, it couldn't be more relaxing in my opinion.
I stayed in a two bedroom villa with a private pool, I felt so at home reading by the pool that I barely need to leave the Villa.
I enjoyed so many parts of the village; the spa is wonderful with great staff, I had both a Thai and Aromatic massage which were brilliant, I think everyone should try a Thai massage purely for the experience of clicking in places you didn't think were possible and the aromatic was blissfully relaxing. The cooking school was also brilliant I learnt how to make Khao Soi Gai which was one of my favourite curries at the village! Both restaurants were also great, The Deli and Tamarind produce excellent food and service with a smile, I loved the Thai green curry and fresh watermelon juice! There is also a shop on the island; cocomart where you can buy all the essentials, food and drink plus souvenirs like t-shirts and postcards (which they will post in reception for you). The bar on the beach front is the best place to have a drink, when the sun is setting you really wouldn't want to be anywhere else. There is so much diversity in Phuket sometimes it is hard to believe it is all in one place. Phuket old town was a favourite of mine with great places to eat and drink, yet there was nothing nicer than coming back to the piece and tranquility at the Village. The staff were always welcoming and friendly, in fact the only downside for me was that it rained for a few days but they can't contra the weather! I hope to be paying the village another trip very soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear HCRABTREE,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review.

We were all thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here so much. It really seems that you appreciated all that The Village has to offer.

Thank you for understanding (and pointing out) that the inconvenience of a few seconds power cut is such a small price to pay for the special surroundings that you can enjoy here at The Village.
It certainly sounds like you managed to get out and about, enjoying Phuket Old Town is one of my favorites. What it does highlight is that one can enjoy the idyllic island and get the busy night life if one wants to.

They cooking classes are great fun, I hope you keep practicing, thai food really is great.

Thanks once again for the review, we look forward to seeing you back here very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Spent a week here with my family earlier the month and had such a good time that we were depressed it was time to leave.
Among the highlights were playing tennis on their lovely courts, morning jogs on the beach, slides a the main pool, kayaking, kids club and trekking around the island.
It was so good that we decided to invest in a 3 bedroom fractional. Big thank you to Mr Chris Wood for facilitating the purchase. Looking forward to returning here at least a week every year to relax and recharge.
2 areas that can be improved, firstly too many stones and sharp objects on the beach, it should be cleaned up, secondly Internet reliability and speed could be improved. That would certainly up the rating from very good to excellent.....

Room Tip: Go for the grand beachfront or grand sea view units.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear vasdev,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review The Village. I would also like to welcome you as one of our owners.

We were thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here and particularly pleased that you seem to have experienced so much.

I have noted your comments about the beach and the internet. The internet can vary in speed as we are totally dependent on a microwave signal from Phuket. If it slows down, then so do we!!! We are always looking for ways to improve this, so when you next come back, hopefully it will have improved for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your new second home.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel's location is simply unbelievable. The ocean and island views are stunning. It is just a short boat trip from bustling Phuket and all its entertainment and shopping options, but at the same time it feels like you are a world away. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was very good and there were lots of options for both Asian and western dishes. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger,"I'll be baaack!"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bobby S,

Thank you for reviewing The Village.

We were all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at The Village.
As you mention, the location, villas, suites and staff really do make it very special.

We look forward to seeing you back at The Village.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I booked a 3 bedroom beach front villa and was a little concerned about the few bad reviews that The Village had got on here, On arrival at the island all we saw was a beautiful island and one of the best surroundings I have ever seen. The staff could not do enough to attend to my family’s needs when we arrived, we were then taken to the villa and my wife could not believe what we had just walked into. I have stayed in many 5 star places around the world and by far this wins hands down. We had 3 massive bedrooms all on suite a huge living and kitchen area, our own private pool looking directly at the sea and the wonderful views across the Island. The villa was furnished to a very high standard and was very well maintained throughout. Both my children loved the water slides and the other 2 pools that are provide for all to share. This was the first family holiday that my wife felt the children were safe and we didn’t need to keep looking over our shoulder as this was just such a nice safe place to be. Both the restaurants catered for all our needs while on holiday and would also give the food and staff 10 out of 10 we could not fault anything in the 10 nights we spent their. We would like to say a big thank you to the whole team at The Village but especially to Dan and Chris who went the extra mile to make sure we had the best stay possible. We will be returning and will be having many more holidays at The Village Coconut Island.

Room Tip: All villas looked just as nice just book what you require and you will not be dissapointed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear woody930,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Village.
My team were thrilled to read that your whole family enjoyed their stay so much.
I would agree with you in that the Grand Villas are spectacular, in every way. It is not often that one gets to stay in such a special villa in such a special location.
I was more pleased to read that you and your family felt so safe when staying here. It is becoming an increasing issue in many places, The Village Coconut island is not one of them.

I will pass your kind words onto Dan and Chris, they will be pleased that they helped to make sure your holiday was the best it could be.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Mark Ashman

Been to The Village Coconut Island? Share your experiences!