“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 555 Specialty Lodging in Phuket
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Amazing Villas in lovely setting. Cant wait to go back...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Ashmanator, General Manager at The Village Coconut Island, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear Martin F,

We were really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you appreciated The Village's beautiful setting.

We very much hope to see you back at The Village soon!

The Management, The Village Coconut Island

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
SYDNEY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Unfortunately, few of the staff are able to communicate in English, bare necessities such as electricity, phone, water are not consistently available. Electrical connections are falling out of the walls. Absolute Vacation Club has a finger in the pie and no-one can seem to resolve any of the problems. My advice - stay away from both! Unless it's offered to you for free with no strings attached then you'd be able to tolerate the otherwise intolerable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear JB,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write your review of The Village. My team and I were very sorry to hear of your problems during your stay.

To address your comments regarding the water and electricity issues and the problems with plug sockets; my maintenance team are absolutely meticulous regarding the upkeep of our beautiful accommodation, and thus I should be very grateful if you would let me know the dates and details of your stay so that I can ensure that this problem is rectified immediately and work out how this has happened. All of our villas and suites are inspected fully prior to every guests stay and this is not a problem we have experienced before.

Compared to a majority of Thai resorts, we have a very high proportion of fluent English-speaking staff; all of our employees pass a basic English test upon employment with us, and myself and a number of my team are English ourselves. I was very surprised to hear of your communication issues with my staff and I will be taking immediate steps to locate the source of your problem.

With regard to your comments about Absolute: The Village Coconut Island is a privately-owned resort, and we have recently partnered with Absolute, who are assisting us in the Villa Sales side of our business (which is completely separate to the running of the resort).

We are currently working very hard with our friends at Absolute to ensure that we work together to provide our guests with the very best service and experience possible, and following your feedback I will continue to work to address any ongoing issues that you may have experienced.

As you can see from the feedback of our other guests, the majority of our reviews have been very favourable. Guest satisfaction is the single most important factor in our running of The Village, and we were really sad to read your comments. Please rest assured that we will work to address these on your behalf and if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to message me directly.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My son and his fiance stayed for 16 nights and I visited with my 7 year old daughter on 5 or 6 occasions. The village is awesome for both children and adults who just want to relax. We had a pool villa which was furnished to a standard well beyond most 5 star hotels. The main pool area and the water chutes kept both adults and children busy for much of the day. The free sailing, kayaking and windsurfing was a magnificent bonus. To top it all off I can honestly say that the Pizzas and Lasagnas, in the "Deli Restaurant" were the best I have tasted in my 13 years in Phuket.

What a great place for a holiday, there is non better that I know.

Room Tip: The rooms are exactly as described so look at the various agent's offerings. Agoda seem as good...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear KenFergus0n,

My team and I were really pleased to read your lovely review! We are so happy that your son and his fiancée enjoyed their time with us, and really thrilled with your wonderful comments about our resort.

In addition, I will pass on your thanks to our head Chef ; your comments regarding the food at the Deli were wonderful to hear and has made our team very happy.

We do hope to see you and your family at The Village again in the future, and as you are a local resident we really hope that we will see you over at the Deli on a few occasions for more Pizza and Lasagne!

Dannie-do
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed 4 nights in a beach front room ( private pool) The only thing I would change is the beach can not match other beaches in Thailand, bit disappointing. However the maithai cocktails were divine and the best I have ever had.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Dannie-do,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We were really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Village, and I will certainly pass on your kind comments about our Mai Thai cocktails to our bar staff!

I am very sorry to hear that you were a bit disappointed with the beach; our beautiful beach is entirely natural and the majority of our guests enjoy it very much. I do hope that you will come back and visit us soon and have another chance to experience it!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Our amazing vacation began on the boat from mainland over to the island. The boat trip in itself was so beautiful and so much fun that we knew before we even arrived at the Village that we were going to love the place.

On arrival we were shown to our jacuzzi suit which exceeded all expectations. It was spacious, open and the courtyard area with the jucuzzi was very inviting.

Any worries we had about no having enough to do on the island were put to rest after we were given the schedule of daily activities including yoga, tennis lessons and beach soccer. All this in addition to the gorgeous pool, bar and restaurants and of course if that wasn't enough, the boat to the mainland ran 24 hours.

Despite all the activities available on the island, due to the sheer beauty of the the beach and pool areas, we opted to spend the whole day on the sun lounges dipping in and out of the pool.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and we can't thank them enough for making our weekend get away so much fun.

As a frequent visitor to Phuket, i can say without a shadow of a doubt that the Village on Coconut island was the most relaxing, scenic and beautiful place that i have stayed.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear KellBell3366,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We were really pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us, and were delighted with your kind comments about our staff.

We always strive to ensure that our guests have the best stay possible with us, and it is very pleasing to hear such positive comments.

We very much hope to see you back at The Village soon.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed in 3 bedrooms beachfront villa with my husband and kids in mid July. We all enjoyed and had a memorial holiday in this resort. All staffs is friendly and helpful, carried nice smile all the time. Although it was some construction work at the back side, but it obsolutely didn't distrub my relaxation. The conditions of villa is perfect and clean, my kids enjoyed the private big pool even till mid-night. Also kids loved the water slide in the main pool so much. We went island by 5 mins water taxi but it's still found very convenient.. We highly recommend this resort to anyone who intend to have a quite and different vacation. We must be back for our next trip and I miss Coconut Island!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ashmanator, General Manager at The Village Coconut Island, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Dear yukiip,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments regarding your time at The Village!

My team and I are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much, and very happy that our construction work did not affect your holiday. We were also happy to read how much your children enjoyed our water slides - they have certainly proved very popular, and we are really pleased that your family enjoyed them.

Thank you once again for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and we really hope to see you back on Coconut Island soon.

Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I were minding our own business walking around in Patong when a salesguy sweet talked us into a free day trip to Coconut Island. All we had to do was listen to a 90 minute presentation (disguised as a resort tour) and in return we would get a free breakfast or lunch and a spa treatment. So we duly went, and arrived at the pier at 9.25 am. By the time we got to the island itself it was nearly 10. We were immediately introduced to our 'consultant' who promised it wouldn't be a hard sell, and that we would be able to say no and that would be that. Well, wasn't as easy as that. A 90 minute presentation turned into 3 hours. The villas themselves were lovely, as was the island. But my husband and I were not interested in the product Absolute was selling. Each time we were pressed for a reason, and it was never good enough. Our consultant kept trying to persuade us about what a good deal it was. By the time we finished it was 1.30pm. We had lunch which was ok (nothing spectacular) and tried to leave but again had to listen to an alternative offer, again we said no. Darren (or whatever his name was), the Absolute manager in charge, was jovial at first, but when we repeatedly said no, he refused to make eye contact with us and walked off very rudely. It marred our opinion of the Village itself which is a shame because it is lovely and we may have stayed there some day, but not any more. We also never got around to our spa treatment as we had to dash off to another appointment, having assumed that the 90 minute presentation would be just that and not double the duration. However, our consultant very graciously obtained for us 2 spa vouchers at another Absolute resort, which was a nice touch.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear metria,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I will have a chat with our friends at Absolute in order for them to work out how best to address your concerns.

Absolute have recently been offering visitors in the locality a free day trip to The Village, in order to raise awareness of our beautiful resort.

We were really saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your day trip with Absolute, and we would like to stress that The Village and Absolute are separate businesses. My team and I work very hard to try to ensure that all guests coming to stay at The Village have the best time they possible can, and we will work with Absolute to ensure that this continues into the future.

Finally, thank you for your kind comments regarding the resort itself, and we really hope that we see you at The Village for a proper stay soon.

The Management, The Village Coconut Island

Been to The Village Coconut Island? Share your experiences!