“Extra for Hot Water?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sawasdee Pattaya

You added Sawasdee Pattaya to your Saves list
Sawasdee Pattaya
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   367 Moo 10 Soi 13, Pattaya 2nd road, Pattaya 20260, Thailand   |
Ranked #257 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
“Extra for Hot Water?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Checked in about 5 pm, paying 825b plus 500 key deposit. and needed a nap and hot shower before I went back out for the evening. Dah! No hot water so finished cold and when I went out at 7pm I asked desk to check on hot water while I was gone as I would return later. When I came back later they hadn't check but said they would do then. Maintenance guy checked...Yeah, no hot water so I asked for other room with hot water. Was told by desk clerk there were no other rooms(If they had done earlier maybe they could have found another room)!
So I asked for refund and they offered me only 500 deposit. I had the use of the room for only two hours and thought I deserved full deposit. After some discussion, they found another room so I said ok and followed maintenance to the room. I had booked and it was confirmed that I would have superior room with double bed. This room had twin beds which was not acceptable to me so I again asked for full refund as they could not satisfy their guaranteed reservation. Again, I was denied and had to settle for 500baht deposit refund.
I was out of pocket 825baht and had to find another hotel and pay for another room!
I believe their "no refund" policy sucks and hotels inThailandl should be more sympathetic when they can,t meet their promises.

Room Tip: Check out the room BEFORE YOU PAY THE $' Check the TV, A/C, hot water and other newcessities
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Thai first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed in this hotel many times over the last ten years, as I visit Thailand usually twice a year. In the past it has been exactly how some other reviewers describe it, i.e. a reasonable, budget hotel, as most hotels in the 'Sawadee' group used to be, however things have changed.
Over the last couple of years the prices have increased and everything else has deteriated. In years gone by I had recognised the girls on reception who in turn recognised me and they were always helpful and friendly, not any more.
As for location it is a short walk to beach road and many bars and some restaurants are only yards from the hotel. I think they have become complacent as now many Russian and Indian tourists pass through the hotel, particularly during high season. There is another Sawadee hotel about 100metres away which allows their swimming pool to be used by Sawadee guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Good value for money.. I stayed here second time. Perfect location in central pattaya.. close to beach and walking street. Staff good..
Overall a good place to stay with friends and short time friends made in pataya

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Size of room is ok, toilet like normal and friendly staff. Good value for money. Mins away from beach and walking street. will stay there agian on my next visit. A nice view of the front road of hotel. One thing I don't like here is internet not free and you have to pay 110 THB per day.

• Stayed August 2013
Lokeren, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

You have to be very careful at arrival at the aircon busterminal! As soon as taxi drivers can cheat you, they will cheat you! Same for songthaews bringing you to town. 20 baht? Huhu, they immitate Ryan Air; now you to pay extra for your luggage...

For 60 baht(not for 20!)they could bring me at the doorsteps of this hotel...Big help! I was much too early. But the lady at the reception smiled when I asked permission to wait in an armchair till it was time to check in. She smiled all the five days I was there. The bellboy brought me to my room at 11.20am! Room impeccalbe clean and big/large enough. I have to admit: I choose for a superior room: asian style bathroom and a small balcony and an armchair and a desk to write and a TV and a water boiler. Unrivalled location also.
A safety box,(no payment) at the reception with a double key.

The hotel has changed its breakfast: all the other years you got a set breakfast, now it is buffet breakfast, with really fresh food and fruits.
The hotel has changed its service also. I had problem at 3.15 am and they ran, yes ran, to help me.
I have travelled a lon long road this year, and this was, by far, the best choice for the not so much money I have paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My friend booked 3 superior rooms at this hotel for 7 days from 30th May. Arrived at hotel - was concerned, entered reception - was worried. The 3 of us were brought to our rooms and within 30 secs. each of us were in the corridor looking at each other. We left our luggage in the rooms and set off to find another hotel and got The Dynasty Inn for not a lot more. We returned to collect our luggage and when we informed the receptionist of our departure, her only comment was "no refund". The only positive about our experience was the hard time we were able give our friend who booked this place !

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
kolkata
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Had an awful experience, rooms were very bad. Receptionist was very rude. Location was good. Breakfast was not edible for vegetarians. WIll recommend to find another alternative. Had a disappointment entering the room. Would not recommend to visit there

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sawasdee Pattaya? Share your experiences!