“Disappointing at best” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sigma Resort Club

You added Sigma Resort Club to your Saves list
Sigma Resort Club
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   64 Moo 1 Na Jomtien Sattahip Chonburi, Pattaya 20250, Thailand   |
Ranked #232 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
“Disappointing at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011 via mobile

As a member of RCI, I was originally happy to find this hotel claiming being on Jontiem Beach. It is actually located in Najomtien Beach which is about 4.5 km from the center of Jontiem area. It is so far away that the public transportation is rarely available unless you walk between .5 and 1 km to get to the beach area. It is not rare either that in the evening when returning from the bar areas, the driver drops you at 1.5 km from the hotel with no other option than to walk. The beach in front of the resort is ok providing you are there at low tide otherwise you will be on the sidewalk.

We were staying in one of their largest suite with semi kitchen, dining area, living room, and 2 bedrooms plus water room. The rooms are spacious but need a lot of refurbishing. The living room is furnished with a red leather couch with 2 matching chairs and facing an old 18" TV with extremely bad reception. The chairs of the dining area would require some reupholstering. The bedroom were very comfortable and clean. I have to admit that the room service was doing a very good job.

The front desk staff in general is not very affable and not the most helpful either because they are not fluent in English or because they are simply more preoccupied by chatting with each other.

Security is definitely lacking. Doors going to balconies in the room cannot be locked. When you leave your keys at the front desk, it might stay on the counter all day unattended. One evening, I returned quite late and my keys was on the counter, no staff around with 3 other keys.

I did not used any of the facilities because I was warned early of the bad service and food at the restaurant it would be unfair to comment. I preferred going to the main beach so did not use the pool either. It was spacious but not well attended. Each time I was leaving, it seemed that the area was empty.

I found that even if the hotel is promoting wi-fi, prices were about 3 times more expensive than Internet cafe. Keep in mind that there are also lots of establishments that provide free wi-fi access.

I would not recommend this resort mainly for the remote location. Staff service is inconsistent: some were very helpful and others were lacking in efforts. The information desk was never attended and no one could really assist you on tours other that directing you to a table loaded with russian tours.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Thai first
Carleton Place, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

Just came back from one week at this resort. The prize was good, the service was excellent, the free buffet breakfast was very good as well. Our room was big but definitely needs remodeling. The maid was excellent and it was very clean everyday. The food at this resort is also excellent and cheap. While there you must go visit the "Floating Market" which is not far to walk. The resort is also right on the strip, the beach across is not great but we sat around the pool and they have very comfortable chairs to lay on. They do have internet computers that you can use...80 Batts for 1 hour which isn't bad or you can do the 1/2 hour too.It was a great week, nothing to complain about and would go back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

We have to left this hotel on the second nite for our 7 nights booking, because I felt I was staying at the very wrong place, when we leave the staff just quiet as this been happend manytimes at their place.
The staff not even speak english, when I ask about the information regarding the tourism object in the area, the front office staff seems like didnt know what to say, actually there were 3 staff incharge on that time but no one can pay attention to my question, understanding that english is not their native language as neither do I but as front liner staff they should speak at least the basic english.
The room I stayed very small and not very clean though, linen, towel and amenities look very sad.
They have a poor fitnes centre that seems like never been get clean up for years. so bad.
The location also not at the jomtien beach, we need to have transport to get there.

SO if you think you still need the english speaking people to assist you for any information, this place is not a good place for you.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
polokwane, south africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

Only thing good i can say is that the apartments are spacious and the beachfront restaurant is good, the pool is also nice. This hotel is also used by timeshare and is not worth trying out. Our couch was so dirty we couldn't use it, and it is no use complaining because the staff dont speak enough english. The breakfast was also poor, every single day the same. Not even an average hotel.Would not recommend it at all!

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Kent
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in January. Our first night was New Years Eve which I must say that they put on a good meal and show.That was the only good experience we had at this hotel. My husband and I have travelled to a great many countries and I can honestly say it was the worst reception we have ever received from any reception staff at any hotel we have ever stayed.Their knowledge of English was very poor but their attitude was even worse.We tried to change our pounds for Bahh but the receptionist refused and threw them back at us!
We were the only English couple and felt very isolated among so many Russians.
No, we would not reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

This place is really bad. My wife won a free week stay at this resort, so i put value down as 5. If I had to pay money for this place I would have been very angry. The only English speaking staff member was the engineer who changed our light bulbs. When we got to our room 2 of the lights had burnt out bulbs. They put energy saving bulbs in all the lamps which was good, but instead of putting in bulbs that were comparable to 100 Watts, they put ones that were comparable to 45 Watts. The only way to read at night was to turn on the TV. The carpet was very clean, but the walls were stained with some cigarette smoke scum. They give 2 very crappy pillows that were brownish yellow if you took off the pillow case (we had to ask for 3 more.) We had no clock in the room, which really sucked, so in order to find out the time at night I needed to turn on lamp and look at my watch. Since there was no lamp near the bed I needed to go somewhere else to see what time it was. I could on and on about the lousy room.

The pool was pretty, but they did not turn on the water to keep it full so while we were there you see the pool get shallower and shallower. It was very hard to get into the pool since the drop from the edge of pool to the water was about 2 feet. They did do a good job at providing towels, but they were all frayed at the ends so you know they were very old.

The breakfast was very bad. We had to pay for the breakfast. The lady at front told us it would be 300 Baht for 2, but when we went to pay for it at the restaurant it was 360 Baht and they would not give us a receipt. We learn to just tell them there was 2 of us and give them 300 Baht without asking for how much. The food selection was awful, but coffee was pretty good :-))) The scrambled eggs were scary. It was like they cook them for a few seconds, took them out and put them into the serving pans. The ham tasted liked like sugar. And the sausages were made out of who knows :-(((

I know it not good to complain about the people who stayed there, but what I will say is some of the people who were there were loud, rude, and gross and could learn something from animals who live in the wild. For example they: Spitting in the trash cans. Blowing their noses in the trash cans. Cut you off in line when waiting for food. Talked with their friends a few table away as loud as they could.

Now for the few good points. The cleaning lady was very helpful and cleaned our room quickly and did a good job cleaning with the supplies she had. We gave her a tip which was probably more then the hotel pays her in month :-(( The front desk person who told my wife to use the phone at the 7-11 instead of the hotel phones to save money. There was a pretty nice private beach in front of the hotel, but if you like water sports they do not offer any.

I cannot imagine how I would have felt if I had pay money for this place :-((((

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sigma Resort Club? Share your experiences!