“Pattaya Sheraton January 2014” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   437 Phra Tamnak Road, Pattaya 20150, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
San Francisco, California
“Pattaya Sheraton January 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed in 4 different locations in Thailand this trip. This place was impressive, and so incredibly comfortable. Three of us stayed in a private pool villa. All the doors from the two bedrooms and the huge living room area opened up completely to our patio pool. Half way down the steps of our entrance was a private gazebo where we enjoyed snacks and cocktails, and at the bottom of of the steps was a section of the beach reserved only for us. There were also two other pools in the complex, one large, and one even bigger. Food in the restaurant was excellent, and service all around was prompt and attentive. There were six of us traveling together and everyone always wanted to hang out at our place. The property was lush, attractive, and well designed. If you are staying in Pattaya, I guarantee you will definitely be pleased, and I am very particular.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Tomo K, General Manager at Sheraton Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Joe7e7,

Thank you for your review on Sheraton Pattaya Resort. It was great meeting you and your friends and to know that your stay with us was comfortable. I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed our private 2 bedroom villa and I also noted your kind comments about the food in the hotel. I will certainly pass on the compliments to the culinary team. We are currently looking into enhancing the menu in both restaurants and I'm sure we will be able to delight you again in your next visit with us.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back.

Tomo Kuriyama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed in a private villa at this resort. It was 2 bedrooms (equal in size and amenities). Each bedroom had a bathroom with both indoor and outdoor showers. There was a large living room / dining room in the middle with a butler room (kitchen) attached. Private infinity pool that overlooked the beach and a cute veranda / gazebo that we used for breakfast and afternoon snacks. The beach wasn't the best, but who needed it - we had the pool which was only steps from the beach and the view that went with it. Breakfast buffet was nice in the mornings (we had one breakfast in our gazebo). Pizza was good at the infinity bar and it is easy to get transportation into Pattaya for a little nightlife or dinner. Staff is very friendly with happy Thai people taking care of your wishes.

Tips:
:: Close up in the late afternoon to avoid mosquitos
:: Cabs have no meters - mostly 200 Baht to go into town
:: Get a tuk tuk -ish (truck with seating) home. 200 Baht is plenty from most places
:: If you walk back at night watch out for packs of stray dogs - better to get a ride
:: Get a card from the hotel with the address when you leave so the drivers can find it late at night.

Room Tip: Can't speak about the regular rooms. We had a private 2 bedroom villa that was awesome. I beli...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear djordan777,

Greetings from warm Pattaya!

Thank you for sharing your comments through Trip Advisor. It was great meeting everyone in the resort and I'm happy to read your comments and to learn that you were satisfied with the facilities and the services. Your pictures are also greatly appreciated as other trip advisor reviewers can also get an idea on what the Villas offer.

Once again, it was great meeting everyone and I hope to welcome you and your friends back one day.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

this is our 4th visit to this hotel, its in a great peaceful location, good areas around the pools, breakfast excellent ( even got me some daddies brown sauce) all the staff are excellent and attend to all your needs with a big smile you are made to feel very special .we stayed in a deluxe ocean pavilion well worth the extra cost with stunning views.

Room Tip: all high level rooms have good views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tomo K, General Manager at Sheraton Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear W66mag,

Thank you for your long stay visit to Sheraton Pattaya on your recent vacation. As an hotelier, it is always encouraging when our guests continue to return to the resort. Your kind comments through this Trip Advisor as well as your personal email directly to myself has been passed on to the entire resort staff and everyone is looking forward to welcoming you both back.

Happy Chinese New Year and wishing you a great 2014 and see you next January.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had a team building conference at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it was a great experience. The staff stood out as being very accommodating adding a persona to touch to all that they do. The rooms were so comfortable and clean. The location was a perfect little getaway from the hustle and noise of Bangkok. Thank you Sheraton Pattaya from the Fingi Team.

Room Tip: Great service and convenient location.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear fhakimi,

Greetings from warm Pattaya!

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent team building retreat. It was my pleasure to speak with all of you during your meeting and I hope the tropical surrounding helped in bringing out creative ideas for your company.

While I certainly appreciate the support Fingi provides to Starwood and Sheraton, I hope we will be able to welcome you back on the occasion of your personal vacation as well.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and best wishes for you and your colleagues in 2014.

Luxemburg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel goes to extremes to make you welcome. The location in Pattaya is of the main drag and for those who want a classy and beautiful location this is it.

We had a garden view which did overlook the pools and out to the sea......the poolside rooms might have been a better choice....however the quality of the accommodation is as you would expect from a 5 star hotel and a Sheraton resort...no complaints.

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly with the manager leading the way.

I saw him meet and greet in a number of locations including breakfast.....I even saw him managing the litter patrol....not that I saw any............in-front and leading.

If you have some mobility issues this could be challenging as the hotel is located on the side of a hill...that said the buggy service is always at hand and they can ferry you around.

Perhaps the only negative is that the restaurant pricing is similar o high end establishments in the "world "market but not locally........again the food was excellent and service first class.

My test is would I go back again..yes.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are possibly a better location than se side.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tomo K, General Manager at Sheraton Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Paul W,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and I am thrilled to learn that we exceeded your expectation on this recent occasion. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the rooms and the service from the team. While I'm a bit embarrassed that you saw me doing my litter patrol, I certainly appreciate your comments as well.

I was disappointed to read your comments about the value in the restaurant and have discussed with our Director of Culinary and Services as one of our focus this year is to provide more "value" to our guests. While some of our dishes are priced high due to the imported ingredients, we have taken note of your valuable comment and have decided to implement a
3 course meal with entree options which will be at a very reasonable price to increase value.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back so that you can experience the improvements made based on your valuable feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Beautiful property that is a wonderful respite from Bangkok.

In particular:
- Fantastic pool areas - Multiple to explore, easy to spend a day lounging around
- Saturday seafood spread - Top notch seafood BBQ buffet on Saturday. As I traveled around Thailand I was reluctant to eat the BBQ'd street seafood but always tempted. Here they will cook you up as many absolutely delicious Thai seafood treats as you would like, made to order. Yum. I ate everything I have always wanted to try and it was a delight. Yum.
- Great beach - You would have to travel to some pretty remote Thai islands to get such a nice setting on the ocean. I loved the fact that there was someone getting an on-beach massage presumably from hotel staff while another staff member held up an umbrella for shade. Yeah, that's service!
- Spa - Top 10% of massages I have had in Thailand, super friendly and accommodating staff
- Upgraded rooms - As a Platinum member, I got a very cool room with a huge balcony and outdoor seating area.

I tried leaving the resort but found it has everything you need for a relaxing weekend getaway in easy reach of the city and the airport. I tried, but with the great staff to boot, it was hard to pull myself away from the resort. A great option if you don't have time for a holiday to remote Thai island and just want a great resort.

Room Tip: Upgraded Pavillion rooms have a huge and comfortable deck to lounge around in all day, if you can ge...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Noesf,

Thank you for being our guest and for your detailed review of the Sheraton Pattaya Resort. As a frequent traveler and a SPG Platinum member, your comments are very valuable to us in order to gauge our service standard. Your kind comments about the services around the resort has been passed on to the appropriate departments and we will ensure that we provide the appropriate recognition as they deserve.

I hope on your next occasion, you will be able to stay longer especially as we are so conveniently located from Bangkok as you highlighted. Once again, thank you for your continuous support towards Sheraton Pattaya Resort and Starwood and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great views, The spa is one of the best that ive been too.

Food is average, but there car certain dishes that are great

its away from city of pattaya up on a hill so its really quiet and great place to relax

I would surely go again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sushil900,

Thank you for being our valuable guest. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our spa so much and was able to relax in the resort. We hope Sheraton Pattaya Resort will be included again in your future visits to Thailand.

Tomo Kuriyama

Been to Sheraton Pattaya Resort? Share your experiences!