“Beautiful Resort Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
“Beautiful Resort Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful customer service, excellent property. Delicious international breakfast, one of the best we have had. Rooms were very nice (had a resort like feel), very clean, and always maintained. Public areas quiet and the pools nice. A tropical oasis in Thailand. The mangos and sticky rice on the room service menu was to die for. Great shuttle service to downtown and all around service and stay!!

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Tomo K, General Manager at Sheraton Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear NoTrip2Far,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to read we met your expectation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the "Tropical Oasis in Thailand" in 2013.

Tomo Kuriyama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is without a doubt my favorite hotel in the world.
The Sheraton Pattaya is not particularly exclusive, expensive or ostentatious, but it is a very well thought out property with an immense attention to detail and it just feels right.

I must confess that I am normally biased against Sheraton Hotels, primarily because I don’t find them very appealing and their loyalty program is not as good as other chains.
When I first researched this place, I considered both the Marriott and the Hilton but the pictures of the Sheraton looked so nice that I took the chance and went for it.

Upon my arrival I was whisked into the lobby/check-in area, which is a gorgeous room made of native exotic woods with high ceilings and no doors. Something akin to what you would see at the Grand Waileia in Maui.
In each corner of this great room is a little desk where you sit across from the receptionist as she checks you in. All is done in a very relaxed atmosphere (perhaps too relaxed), just keep in mind that Pattaya operates on a slower schedule than the western one.

Once the check in was completed, I made my way to the room which was located in a villa that was subdivided into four rooms. Each room has its own entrance and is completely private from the other three units to which it is attached. The room was absolutely gorgeous and good size probably about 500sf (50m2) with exotic wood flooring and just nicely decorated. While not ostentatious it was luxurious and more importantly comfortable – the only back draw is that it’s so nice that I did not want to leave the room. Attached to the room is a beautiful balcony and even though you have 3 neighbors it is so well designed that you cannot see the other balconies, so no awkward moments while you are on the balcony. The bathroom is also incredibly well designed, with two sinks one on each end – so that both two guests can have their own area. In addition thereto, the bathroom has a shower and a separate tub - brilliant.

The grounds are some of the nicest that I have ever seen, with perhaps the Chedi in Muscat being the only exception. While they may not be exceptional in the region what I really liked was the layout. Pools were strategically placed throughout the grounds and never more than a few steps from most rooms. While there is a beach, it is a bit of a hike and the only criticism I have of the resort. The beach is small, not very clean and the water is full of rocks and rubbish making it unappealing to swim in.

There are a few restaurants on the property, one by the beach, one on top of it with a view over the bay and one in the main building overlooking the gardens. All restaurants served exceptional food, my first time trying snowfish and it was excellent. Overall it is just a great place to relax – I wish that I could have spent a week here.

Room Tip: Make sure you get one of the villas
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear M J,

Greetings from the beautiful Sheraton Pattaya Resort!

I am pleased to read that you rated us as your most favorite hotel in the world! Your positive comments has been shared with our landscaping, kitchen, and Front Office and they too appreciate your kind words. I am sure every one of our associates will be delighted to take care of you again. On your next visit, I hope that i will have the opportunity to personally meet you as well.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I checked in on 23rd October and stayed for two nights.
Check in formalities were very fast. Lobby staff were very helpful and friendly.
Hotel property is excellent. Food is good.
breakfast is amazing. Little scope for vegetarians.
cleaning staff are good.
Nice place to explore.
only drawback is it is little far from beach and city center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear kktaparia,

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your positive comments towards our service offerings and I will be sure to share with the departments you complimented. I noted your comment about the hotel not being in the city and hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service. Although it's only 10-15minutes away, the short distance allows us to really provide a calm and relaxing environment! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Tomo Kuriayama
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel is situated on a hill with a great view of the gulf of Thailand. The lobby and restaurants are right on the top of the hill but it's a pleasant walk.

Our room is a corner room but can view the sea from the balcony. The room is nicely painted with warm orange color and the bathroom is tastefully tiled. The only drawback is that there was sewage-like ordour inside the room during the day.

Breakfast is excellent. I recommend dining or drinking at their outdoor restaurant which has an amazing view at sunset.

• Stayed February 2012
Tomo K, General Manager at Sheraton Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear blue9bkk,

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to hear that you had an overall enjoyable experience with us. As you mentioned, we are very fortunate in our location allowing many of our guest rooms to have such a breathtaking view of the Gulf of Siam. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and bars.

I regret to hear of the odor incident you encountered but rest assure that we have since resolved it. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was here part of the Regional Sales Conference! its n amzing Place, very Green n Serene n brings a lot of calmth to ur life! the staff r very attendive n th food for its variety n Price were top Notch!! seems the place have been frequently visited and you can see the strain on the Furnitures n the Bathroom! but still Had grt times n Strongly recommended!!

Room Tip: Stayed @ 127, was cozy, had a private Balcony extendin to the Swimming Pool!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear anand_8584,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our services and tropical lush gardens. In regards to your comment about the furniture, we are currently replacing some cushions throughout our guest room. I am confident that you will enjoy the refresh look of our guestrooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the beautiful Sheraton Pattaya Resort.

Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our 4th annual visit to this fine hotel and we are as impressed with their service and room quality as any other visit. Easy to get to location (take the southern Jomtien beach road to avoid all that nasty Pattaya traffic), great ocean views from our 3rd floor room, and welcome service from front till end. Noteworthy was the Spa (so my wife says - good value and quality), and the Breakfast service. We did not want the Buffet - though we've had it before and it was excellent - and had the Eggs Benedict and Cobb salad (specially requested off the Lunch menu). Both dishes were fresh and satisfying.

A new discovery this time is the hotel's close proximity to a hillside park adjacent to Pattaya's Royal Cliff. Great run route with tree coverage throughout. A hilly 1.3k round.

I Highly recommend this hotel. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Go to this hotel. Stay away from Pattaya city - increasingly dirtier, more congested, more polluted...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonpattaya, General Manager at Sheraton Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Sjoobn,

Greetings from Sheraton Pattaya Resort, and I hope that you are well! Thank you so much for the review on Tripadvisor, and the positive comments regarding our resort. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again next year!

Warmest Regards
Michael
chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed in this place for 2 days . I liked the room ,it was very clean and nice ,the service was good
I used the swimming pool and the staff in the swimming pool was very friendly and jovial ( bad i do not remember his name) ,the only problem i had was there was some drilling of concrete going on just out side my room for a long time.the front office staff where friendly ,no free wi fi ,over all i had a good experience .

Room Tip: Siam bay shore hotel is also good, not five star but offers more and it is close to the ferry point...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear YogaChennai,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. Please do accept my apologies for any noise disturbance. We tried our very best to keep the noise to a minimum, but unfortunately needed to gain access to an underground water pipe that was leaking. I'm happy to say that it was fixed quickly, and everything is back to its usual peaceful atmosphere now. Thank you also for the kind comments regarding the team here, and I do look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Warmest Regards
Michael

Been to Sheraton Pattaya Resort? Share your experiences!