“Great location and very relaxing atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   559 Moo 10, Beach Road, Pattaya 20150, Thailand   |
Ranked #19 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
4.5 of 5 stars 880 Reviews
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great location and very relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

The Siam Bayshore is located at the end of Walking Street which makes it the perfect location for going out at night. The hotel itself has a very relaxing atmosphere and the pools are a great place to relax in the day. I'd happily go back :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Dear Mr. David,

Thank you for your comment here on Tripadvisor.

Delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will have a chance to welcome you back which means you will become a member of our big "Regular Guest Family".

We wish you all the best and a Happy Songkran (=Thai New Year).

YOUR Siam Bayshore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Madisoh Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the Siam Bayshore for four nights in late March. I would personally rate this as a 5 star hotel. I have stayed at many resorts in the Caribbean for $250 per night and they do not compare to the quality of this hotel for just over $100 per night. I booked the Tropical Deluxe room with pool view. It was amazing. Comfortable bed, large bathroom with great shower and bath, in room safe, great TV, great balcony, Air conditioner worked excellent with no moldy smell you sometimes get in the Caribbean. The main pool is gorgeous and the beach pool is also very nice. The hotel gardens and grounds are amazing. Service was excellent. The staff treated me like royalty and I did not find English speaking problems that other reviews have mentioned. The location is perfect. Just outside the gate and you are on the beginning of Walking street. You are also a stones throw away from Bali Hai and the main pier. The breakfast buffet was very good. If you don't pay in advance during your booking then the price of the breakfast is expensive at $23. Wi fi is in the lobby area but if you need a good Internet cafe then just go on the Walking street for about a 100 yards and you will find a good I-cafe for 1 Bhat per minute which comes out to $1 for 30 minutes. I will stay at this Hotel again in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Dear Mr. Dean,

Thank you for your comment here on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with our services provided.

We promise to constantly improve ourselves to make sure that all our guests will enjoy their stay with us.

Will be a pleasure to welcome you back again and to see you become a member of our big "Regular Guest Family".

Until then we wish you all the best and look forward to meet you again here at YOUR Siam Bayshore.

Nefteyugansk, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Me and my wife enjoyed this clean and pleasant place 14-25 March 2012. This is one of the best hotels I have been at. Formally 4*, it is the most tidy, clean and neat place I remember. Local Thai servicemen cleaning everything are careful and hardworking.
When we arrived they gave us Deluxe suit in a further building. Room was old and poorly serviced though. Drawers handles were broken after I touched them. The pencil at a bed table broken when I picked it. The floor was of a rude stone and cold. View from the balcony was bad, actually it wasn't any, just a wall.
I couldn't afford me and my wife stay it such a miserable place so we came back to reception. I required any other room. We watched 2 different rooms. Each of them was executive suit (more expensive than we had). Finally I paid $170 and we moved to another room.
A small tip for you, try to stay in the first building, where the reception is. Otherwise you will have to walk a lot. But it is my experience, the rooms in those second building are not so bad, you will have a convenient bed, clean floors and wonderful Thailand. But as I describe my impressions about the hotel I cannot ignore all that.

Personnel requires more English skills. They are friendly and welcome,but sometimes don't understand the simplest phrases.
You might be annoyed with the noise from disco bars near walking street. I couldn't fall asleep 2 nights. But after a day in Pattaya you will be sleeping as a dead man.
Spa services are expensive but good, worth it. But you will pay 10 times more than on a street.
Gym requires new equipment and maintenance of hold stuff. It is old and some metal needs repairing.
The room in main building is what really worth paying for.It is large, light and condition working good.
Breakfast was various and tasty. Service is also good. Fresh juices, many and much fruits, bread, bakery, sushi, everything.

Main +++
1)Close to walking street and all most interesting things in Pattaya
2)Close to wharth (boats landing place), which will take you on islands quickly and cheap. 30 baht for ordinary boat and 300 baht for speedboat per person in 2 sides.
3)Excellent food, restaurants, bars. Good prices also, not extremely expensive.
4)Cleanliness

Main ---
1)Sort out your room before you go. What you need - quite or with good view, etc.
2) I personally didn't like reception guys taking 5 baht for making a copy of passport for me. This is silly and stupid to do so (considering that your papers will be ready in 10 minutes only, because of another room where Xerox is). Please put a Xerox at reception.

Conclusion: good for couples, for young people, for companies. Also for families but choose quiet suits than. Main impression is VERY GOOD, I might come back there one day. For Pattaya is one of the best options. Don't hesitate.

Room Tip: Executive suits are very good (better than deluxe), but usually are more expensive. There are 2 view...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Anton,

Greetings from Siam Bayshore.

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent stay in Pattaya and to let others know how much you enjoyed your stay with us here on Tripadvisor.

Thank you also for your comments about the rooms and the ideas to improve our service which are highly appreciated as it is our goal to constantly improve ourselves to make sure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

For the English skills of our staff we have already initiated English language courses to make sure that guests can communicate with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon again to become part of our big "Regular Guest Family" and until then wish you all the best.

bERGEN, nORWAY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure to stay at Siam Bayshore from March 15 to March 21 this year. We lived in the front building, with a beautiful view over the sea. Very clean room, very kindly staff, a marvellous breakfast, pools, and also quiet, but also very sentral. We loves this hotel and will certainly come back the next time we visist Pattaya. Siam Bayshore is for us the best hotel in Pattaya. Best regards, Grethe and Magne Hovda, Norway

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Hovda,

Thank you very much for your comment here on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that you were happy with your stay with us and our services like so many people before.
We promise to continuously improve ourselves and keep our service standard high to make sure that our guests will have the same beautiful stay as you experienced.

We look forward to welcome you back soon again so that you become part of our big regular guest family.

In the meantime we wish you all the best and thank you again for choosing our resort for your stay in Thailand.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Wow...I found resort perfection for a very reasonable and affordable price. This place is quite surreal; guests are surrounded by incredible tropical landscaping, flowing water features and pleasant surprises in every direction you look. A quiet hour spent in these surroundings almost bought me to tears. I just cant say enough about the surroundings.....just look at the photos I have attached.

The location is good.....it is incredibly quiet considering it is located between the Go Cart track (Great fun!) and Walking street (For whatever you are into). Perhaps almost to central... if that is possible. The hotel extends across the road (a quieter section of walking street) to the beach. Over the beach side is another pool you can get full service at all day, and hosts the buffet in the evening. The evening buffet I highly recommend. The setting is amazing...the quiet live piano music beside the sea is peaceful (hard to find in this part of the world!) ....the food and service cant be faulted.

The room - I choose a tropical deluxe room and it was perfect. A fruit platter set for my arrival. Fluffy white towels and gowns.....big comfortable king bed and even nice giant pillows. A safe, a fully stocked bar, Air Conditioning that stayed on when you remove your card to leave the room....perfect! It was tropical alright....rainforest and water-features on one side and overlooking the tropical pool on the other...while retaining very good privacy.

The room service was prompt and the food good. (just give them a little tip why don't you?!....give them all just 20 or 50 or 200 baht, or even 5 for opening the door. They are doing the right thing in a difficult place to survive. It costs us hardly anything and goes a long way for them. Enjoy seeing how grateful they are....plus your service just gets even better and better!)

Excellent security by happy smiling guards opening doors and greeting everybody continually. Forget trying to sneak something past these guys....it makes you feel safe.

The swimming pools are terrific. The main pool is huge and packed with water features and even a small but fast and fun hydro-slide! The pool at the beach side was very nice and very deep with a view of the ocean and flashing Pattaya sign on the hill.

The only trouble with both pools is they are very busy in high season. Packed all day with an older (and fatter) clientele. Not a younger scene with bikini girls that is for sure! We could work with busy, that was ok; but the main problem was caused by guests getting up early and picking out deck chairs for their group, dropping towels and magazines around more chairs than they need (to 'reserve' them), then going off to brunch.....or beach or shopping. Thinking they have those chairs to return to any time of the day. Most of the time there was about 10 towels for every 5 people. So 30 towels laid around a pool for every 15 people there.

Other top end resorts have often identified this problem and put rules in place, sign-writing them beside the pool. 'If you leave your station for more than 30 minutes you forfeit your spot'...simple stuff.

So why won't I go back?.....because I am not Russian. The clientele appears to be over 95% Russian. So if you are Russian then go for it!

I tried to be friendly with the other guests by smiling….I was so unsuccessful getting a smile back that I Googled it. The answer was that it is customary for Russians NOT to smile. Smiling at a Russian can be like laughing at him. There is actually a lot of customary rules about smiling. I developed a new understanding and appreciation and stopped smiling at them.

Thailand is widely known as the 'Land of Smiles'. An international saying goes "When in Rome do as the Romans do". I encourage all the guests please take a break from their custom and smile back at people when in Thailand!

So that is why this happy Kiwi wont go back to this terrific resort. If you are Russian, book now you will love it!....and don't forget to smile!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that we could positively surprise you with our property and service but are sorry to know that you might not come back.

We are proud to say that we welcome tourists from almost all over the world and looking at the big share of regular guests are happy to see a good mix of different nationalities which makes it enjoyable for everyone.

We hope you will remember the positive things you experienced during your stay with us and reconsider your decision.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back and we wish you a "Happy Songkran" (=Thai New Year).

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stayed at the Siam Bayshore for 5 nights in February in an Executive Deluxe room in the Ocean Wing. I chose this Hotel at the last minute after my original travel plans to Koh Chang changed due to unforseen reasons and based my choice on Trip advisor reviews that gave this place a vision of peace, ambience and relaxation away from the hustle and bustle that is Pattaya. As I was only in Pattaya to attend a Muay Thai camp I was not too fussed about the location, bars, massage parlours etc etc and or price but wanted somewhere relaxing with good facilities and the reviews supported this. Booked directly off the Hotel website and the rate included 10% discount on room, Full Buffet breakfast and welcome drink.

This is an ok Hotel but I did not enjoy my stay at all due to several reasons that I will explain in my review. I am well travelled and have seen my fair share of issues abroad but this place gave me a head ache literally and I was quite surprised as to the quality of this place after reading other reviews. This Hotel is also dated and in desperate need of a birthday, and in my view is a 3.0 star Hotel at best based on room quality, fittings, fixtures etc but you can make up your own mind.

Service – Having stayed in Asia many times one thing you come to expect is good customer service, however I found the service here quite average. When I made the booking I requested an ocean view room, (The Ocean Wing has both garden view and Ocean view rooms) When I checked in I was advised that my room was not available till the following day, rather odd I thought after receiving a confirmation, but I was not too bothered as I was advised that an Ocean view room would be available tomorrow and I was subsequently upgraded to a garden view suite and would move late afternoon the following day all good. (Suits are ridiculously huge by the way with 2 King Beds, kitchen, lounge room and 2 bathrooms good choice for families)

Anyways, next day comes and I find myself moving a few doors down to a King room that overlooked a car park, Mixx Nightclub and the Pattaya view point and here lies the first complaint. I called reception tried to explain the mix up but as usual their English was very poor and was advised I did not request an Ocean View room?? And none were available anyway, I politely advised this was not the conversation I had at check in and asked to speak to the Manager. The Manager called back 10 minutes later and although apologetic stated no Ocean view rooms were available till another 3 days but was welcome to move then…. Again I stated this was not the conversation I had at check in but too bad so sad. The room was small, dated and not what I originally paid for not impressed!!

During check in I asked about internet it was not mentioned in the rate when I booked however the lady at reception advised it was complimentary. When I logged on in the suite room I was asked for daily rate as the rate included free internet so I called downstairs to confirm and again was advised that it was free. 3 days later however after still receiving the same prompt to pay I thought I would double check with reception about internet and as expected I was advised internet was not free here lies my second complaint. Again I politely advised this was not the conversation I had at check in and asked to speak to the Manager again and stated if not addressed I would not stay here again and would not recommend this Hotel to friends and fellow travellers. I did not hear back about the Internet and was not charged at check out. At check out I was charged for mini-bar which I did not use. As a rule of thumb I never use anything from mini bars in Hotels so this was not a question of forgetting. The bill was minute so I paid it anyways as it was not worth arguing but just inconvenience

Now to the review!!!

Location - The Hotel itself is located right at the start of walking street across the road from the Beach and Hotel exclusive Pool (One of two at the resort) and 50M from several pumping Night Clubs, Mixx, Lima Lima, XS and one other that I can not remember. When I looked at accommodation in Pattaya, I initially wanted to stay at the Hilton but after reading other reviews was a little concerned about the comments regarding noise, however with my room facing the clubs in hind sight I should have stayed at the Hilton as it could not have been any worse. I could hear the doof doof till the wee hours of the morning, every day but luckily I always take ear plugs when I travel and they were put to good use believe me. There is am abundance of restaurants and bars (every sort) within close walking distance of Walking Street or a 20 min walk gets you right along main beach for more of everything and anything you can think of.

Hotel Facilities - The Hotel itself is quite large and covers expansive grounds. If there is a positive about this place it is the gardens and grounds etc which are well looked after and lush. I prefer boutique style Hotels this is not one of those but does have a peaceful ambience about it which supports most of the reviews I read. There are two main accommodation areas, Garden wing and Ocean Wing which are separated by lush gardens and the second pool area which is large and impressive. Is a good 5 or so minute walk between wings and onwards to tennis, gym facilities but a pleasant stroll none the less.

Room - The ‘Executive Deluxe’ room was small and basic and in my view quite dated with cheap furniture. There was a PC desk and small coffee table and couch that had a massive bow in it which could not be sat in unless you wanted to keep sliding the cushions back onto the couch. Bathroom was very small and contained a combined bath and shower and usual basin and toilet etc. The Bathroom wall that faced the living room was actually glass, a nice touch but for those seeking privacy you will need to drop the blinds however they have not been cleaned in years. No dual voltage plugs for shavers etc in bathroom... Bed was a firm King with nice pillows, I actually slept ok here despite the noise from outside. There was a small balcony which I only used to air out clothing or dry my gym gear as it was not large enough to spend any real time on.

Tip!! Pay extra for suite if you can afford it and or the ocean view room they are much larger and nicer. There

Dining - The Hotel has several restaurants both inside and outside near the resort pool. You can also order snacks etc at either of the two pools if you like. I ate dinner at the both restaurants and the food was lovely Thai cuisine. Room service was very reasonably priced and tasteful, no negatives at all. Buffet breakfast was disappointing, ample selections but the hot food was always cold?? I am not sure what the issue was but the hot food was always barely warm, I spoke to food staff several times about this but was never rectified. I also found some of the staff to be quite rude and often looked at me awkward if I requested extra breakfast tea? There is also a buffet dinner directly across the road all you can eat for 880THB, I ate here several times and was excellent with both hot and cold foods and fresh seafood cooked whilst you waited

Recreation facilities – There are two (2) pools both are very good. The pool across the road from the Hotel is the one on the Trip Advisor site but is not as clean as the photo… This pool faces the beach and is nice; however get there early if you want a deck chair. Also be prepared to share cigarette smoke with the hordes of rude Europeans that bathe here.. The second larger pool is located within the Hotel grounds in between the Garden and Ocean wings and is very nice. Has both adults and children’s pool with water slide. Again if you want a seat get there early as it fills quickly. There are tennis courts and a gym outside the Hotel takes 5 or so minutes to get there. Gym was very small with very little gear, so I did not use it, preferring instead used Tony’s gym in walking street (5 minutes walk max from Hotel) Is a bit of a hidden gem this gym but well worth it for people wanting to work out. Gym itself is located downstairs at the back of Tony’s nightclub (yes in a nightclub)in walking street is very well stocked with heaps of machines and free weights. There is a cardio room upstairs also both areas were not very busy at all and is open 24/7
Note: There are two (2) Tony’s gyms in Pattaya one super large gym a short bike ride away and the smaller one in walking street.

Transport - No issues here taxi scooters are available everywhere along walking street and cheap. I trained daily at the Fairtex Muay Thai gym which was at the top end of Main beach and cost me 80THB one way. There are also hop on hop off taxi buses that run the full length of the strip all day and night just negotiate a price before getting on.

Overall this is an ok Hotel but I would not stay here again as I feel there is better service and facilities elsewhere. The gardens, ambience and location make this place but definitely not the quality of rooms or service but again this is just my opinion. The issues I have mentioned above although relatively minor were an inconvenience to me and not what you expect from a 4 Star Hotel. Another major issue for me was the language barrier, I understand being in a foreign country you can expect to have some difficulties but unless you ask to speak to a senior employee they just do not understand your requests…

Room Tip: Pay extra for a suite if you can afford it and or the ocean view room they are much larger and nicer...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Mr. Derek,

Thank you very much for your comments here on Tripadvisor.

It is important for us to get feedback from our guests to make sure that we continuously update our services and to be able to provide an outstanding service which can be seen in most of the comments here on Tripadvisor.

We are sorry to see that in your case our services were not to your full satisfaction for which we would like to apologize.

Within the last 4y ears the resort invested more than 400 Mio Baht to upgrade its facilities which also included the Executive Deluxe Rooms (38sqm) in the Ocean Wing (the building nearby the Sea) by providing new floors, a new bathroom and new furnishing. As mentioned correctly by our Front Office Manager the rooms in the Ocean Wing have a view towards the sea or to the Garden/Resort area.

We have only a certain amount of Seaview rooms available which as you can imagine are in high demand therefore our policy is that we will always try to arrange as per guest's demand but are not always able to provide as it is on a first come first serve basis.

Our breakfast buffet offers a wide range of Western and Asian dishes and the big variety of hot (which are in warmers the whole time) and cold dishes guarantees a good start into the day.

We are sorry again that you did not get the same impression about the outstanding service our hotel is normally famous but would like to thank you again for your comments which will help us to improve wherever possible.

New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Had a great stay at the hotel. Tropical Rooms are ideally located and give a complete sense of privacy, a must at Pattaya. Location is just awesome. is bang on the walking street and you do not need any public transportation to go anywhere in Pattaya. Even the Beach Road is just a awalking distance. Staff is also friendly and understanding.

Room Tip: Tropical Rooms are very good and a value for money
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear GJ_TS,

Thank you for your comment here on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay here at our resort and that you were satisfied with our services provided.

We hope that you will also become a member of our big Siam Bayshore Regular Guest Family by staying with us soon again.

In the meantime from all of us here all the best and thank you for choosing our resort for your stay in Pattaya.

YOUR Siam Bayshore

Been to Siam Bayshore? Share your experiences!