“A Gem” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   310 / 2 Beach Road, Pattaya 20260, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 388 Hotels in Pattaya
“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The hotel is brand new, and in one word incredible. The Miami Art Deco theme works well to give the hotel an intimate yet classy atmosphere. This all starts with the imposing customised Cadillac parked outside, and continues inside.

The layout of the rooms, with huge bath, separate toilet, shower and double basin, is nothing short of the best I've ever seen for the size.

We had a top class view over a sunset ocean from our balcony. The air conditioning was great.

Staff treated us with top expertise and friendliness. Breakfast was truly a feast, with first class table service.

A word of caution to management: Because of its intricate decor and tiling, this hotel will take a lot of work to keep in tip top shape. In places the hint of dust building up in the specially cut tile work or on picture frames shows that this hotel needs a cleaning effort that is a touch above what it currently receives.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My family traveled to Patttaya with the original intention of staying at a villa we rented through airbnb. Unfortunately, the villa was a disaster, and we were stuck without a suitable place to stay in Pattaya. A quick web search led us to Wave Hotel, and we couldn't be happier! Nim Laksanasut, the hotel's General Manager, was able to get us three rooms right away, and at a great rate to boot. This was quite a feat considering we were traveling with my in-laws, my 16-year old son, as well as our infant!

The hotel is a lovely gem within walking distance of all the fun things to do in Pattaya. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating, the rooms are breathtaking, the pool is to die for, and the daily breakfast was wonderful.

The overall experience was just perfect!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed here twice on my trip to Thailand, the first time for about 5 nights before I went on a business trip to Manila and the second time for about 10 nights after coming back from Philippines and Chiang Mai. The fact that I came back and stayed a further 10 nights is testament alone to how great this hotel is. In fact, I could not wait to come back once I left and was truly sad to leave.

I own and operate a small boutique hotel in Canada and have been travelling for two months in Asia on business, which on this trip has also taken me to Myanmar and Philippines as well as throughout Thailand. Needless to say, I have stayed in many hotels on my travels and I travel every year to Asia for business.

This is without any doubt one of the top hotels I have ever stayed at, especially if you love small cool, chic, boutique style hotels with premium service. The staff here truly make you feel like this is your home and they are your family, such that you never actually want to leave.

I am not a huge fan of Pattaya generally, but because of the political protest problems in Bangkok, I made this my base, rather than stay in the other great boutique hotel I usually stay in when in Bangkok. The fantastic reviews are fully deserved.

This is a new hotel, ultra modern, with premium amenities, and truly makes you feel like you are in south breach Miami. It is an oasis of tranquility, cleanliness, and attentive friendly service. There is a great selection of free in room movies, bath tub and shower, hard wood floors and all rooms face the ocean with balconies. The bed linens are excellent and changed daily and the room cleanliness is impeccable. In the afternoon, they brought me a complimentary fruit dish and the pool area is kept clean with private cabanas to relax at.

As with any new hotel, there are always a few kinks to work out, but any time there was any issue the staff were there immediately to look after things. I would also suggest that the ownership consider putting mosquito screens on the balcony doors so that guests can enjoy the ocean breeze at night and leave the door open, without having to worry about mosquitos.

The management of this hotel is outstanding and, as with other reviewers, I need to especially commend Khun Nim the manager here, who I wanted to kidnap to run my hotel in Canada She is a truly kind, hospitable, pleasant and professional manger and that attitude is reflected in her staff. She deserves great credit as does the ownership for choosing her to run this hotel. She truly made me feel welcome as did all the wonderful staff.

I want to especially commend the restaurant staff Mo, Tum, Muy, Tuk and Pradit who were all great. Mo, Pradit and Tum anticipated my every request at breakfast, such that they knew exactly what I wanted even before I asked, I will miss their great service. As well, special mention needs to go to all the front desk, including especially Nil, Ida and Alice and the rest whose names I can not remember but were equally fantastic. Indeed, even the hotel security guards were pleasant and happy and made you feel at home.

From top to bottom, this is a first rate hotel and I thank you for making my stay so pleasant and memorable and look forward to coming here when I return to Thailand next year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Very nice boutique hotel in Pattaya. The hotel is only 6 months old, and everything is so fresh and new. The staff is very good and in small hotel, they all know you from very first moment.

My only negative point was slow breakfast. If you busy in the morning, you are not able to eat your breakfast in 10 minutes. In buffet breakfast this is possible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Loved staying at Wave hotel. We stayed at Wave for a week. The location is excellent, very good breakfast, staff extremely friendly and helpful. Had a little trouble with airconditionning but they reacted promptly to solve the problems. The beach is crowded but the hotel has a very nice pool and very good service. If you want a nice clean beach, a trip to Ko Larn island is a must. All in all a great place to stay and the staff will do everything to make your vacation perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

An amazing Hotel which was enjoyed by my family. Truly fantastic service from very friendly staff. We stayed in a suite which was fantastic. Would definely make the trip back to Pattaya in the next 6 months.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The WaveHotel is certainly one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed it! Since it has only about 20-30 rooms, the service is very personalised. The staff is friendly, attentive, and always eager to help. The hotel is new, and the decor is very modern and chic. The rooms are beautifully decorated, and have attached balconies from where you can view the sea and the Pattaya skyline. The bathrooms are state-of-the-art, and everything is extremely clean and well maintained. The breakfast buffet offers some delicious and visually stunning dishes. On top of all that, the location of the Wave Hotel is perfect! It gives you access to just about everything (shopping, dining, massages, the beach, etc). I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Try the salmon & egg scrabble for breakfast.