“Thanks but No Thanks” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
“Thanks but No Thanks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Very cozy and quite well appointed bar restaurant with a reasonably exclusive clientele. That's where the good part ends. My daughter and I visited to check the place out. They had draught Guinness which was not cold and a bit expensive and nothing else of premium quality draught, just local Heineken. Surprising really when Bangkok pubs and a few Pattaya pubs can boast 5 - 6 UK draught beers. Only 2 staff on so we had to wait quite a bit for everything. The food I ordered sounded good but when served up it was just the local artificial bacon for me and soggy calamari for my daughter and, as such, was overpriced. No atmosphere. If you want a convivial Irish Pub with a choice of cold draught beers and quality food best look elsewhere in Pattaya.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
campbellThailand, General Manager at Ogaras, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed. Honestly the first time we have had a compliant about the temp of the Guinness. However I hope you return and let me know so that we can deliver a service that will make you smile.

“No stock”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

50 % of the items ordered today where not in stock. Nothing avalible of the salad menu. Poor effort. I was disaponted because the venue is nice a cozy.

campbellThailand, General Manager at Ogaras, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hi Blueicepop, we normally carry a fair amount of stock of all foods and i am disappointed we did not what you wanted. If you let me know what we were short of i would be pleased to investigate.

On your next visit please ask for me (Campbell) and i will ensure a fantastic visit.
Pattaya, Thailand
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great food at a great price the pan fried fish and chips is a must try, if you go in the evening it is best to book as this restaurant is very popular and always full in the evenings.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Nice place no flexibility”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I am sitting in the restaurant now and tried to order a kids portion of spaghetti and meat balls which they do not do and according to the waitress have no kids menu, so my 3 year old has a huge portion..... Ordered a calamari told out of stock, then my wife ordered fried pork with basil and we need to order rice as an extra dish on the side which makes no sense. It is a shame that these basics are not catered for! Otherwise a nice pub with a good atmosphere. Service in General is slow and not attentive. Chicken wings luke warm and the cottage pie was dry and microwaved burned around the edges, fried pork lacking colour , really not a very good food experience!

campbellThailand, General Manager at Ogaras, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
We are disappointed that Carl had a poor experience as it goes against most of the positive comments we have. We do not do childrens portions. Because of the size of our portions children often share with siblings or parents.

Any quality restaurant in Pattaya offers rice as an extra. As a matter of fact many stalls charge extra for rice. It is how nit is done here and throughout the world.

If Carl had brought these complaints to the attention of myself or our other Irish manager we would have solved it on the spot.

Should he return i will deal with him personally.
London
“Breakfast Perfection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Breakfast here become a must for me. The food and service are very good and consistently high. In my opinion (and at the risk of generalizing and stereotyping and all that pc stuff) the Irish/Thai combination is a great one; great food and warm friendly and welcoming; in a laid-back, gentle and good humored way. I cant think of a better way start to the day

• Visited December 2013