“very enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

+66 38 416 285
Improve this listing
Ranked #79 of 618 Restaurants in Pattaya
Dining options: Late Night Food, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rustic Mediterranean, food from Greece, Italy, France, Spain. also black angus steaks imported directly from Canada,Canadian Lobster and cold water fishes.Home made cakesAll prepared in an open kitchen!Inside interior, rustic mediterranean, nice brick work in the air con dining room.Outside terrace, quiet and comfy, chilled ambience back round music.7 different open house wines from a barrique barrel.Additional wine list for bottled wines, new and old world!
“very enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Blue Olive is tucked away in the middle of the city near jomtien but is really well worth the effort to find! interesting menu almost Tapas like, Mediterranean options,salads,meat etc. we felt like we were in Spain or somewhere the decor is cool and relaxing, kind of cafe / deli style but much more elegant. The Chef is a friendly European guy we spoke to him and he recommended some dishes for us try. they serve some lovely bread with garlic butter as a complimentary amuse bouche or appetizer. The service is quite good but no thrills. all in all I cant wait to go back for another meal.

• Thai first
Singapore
“Nice cozy restaurant which welcomes toddlers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Went with my husband and nearly 2 year old son to Blue Olive on a Friday night for dinner. I liked the fact that you could make an online reservation easily, with special requests thrown in. I requested for a baby chair, and Ray (the owner) kindly gave me a call in advance to inform me that they did not have baby chairs for now. I decided to go ahead with the reservation in any event, and I did not regret it. We went relatively early around 6ish and the place only started filling up towards 7ish pm. Restaurant was cozy and clean, and the wait staff were efficient and friendly. They kept smiling and playing with my toddler, and didn't seem irritated when my toddler decided that he wanted to explore the restaurant a little. Food was above average - we ordered the grilled squid and garlic prawn tapas, deep fried mushrooms and a lamb stew. Everything was nice, my only comment would be that they were all a tad salty (but perhaps that is just me!). We were particularly impressed with the lamb stew as the lamb was tender and the sauce thick and savoury. My son had a thai fried rice which came with generous servings of prawns and while I didn't try the rice, my husband tasted it and said it was quite nice, and my son finished quite a fair bit of it. Ray also came by our table to speak to us, and he told us that he had ordered baby chairs from ikea but was awaiting delivery of the same. Overall, it was a pretty nice meal which wasn't too pricey either. The restaurant is not the easiest to locate, but one of the reviewers below has given precise directions, so you just need to follow that (as we did) to find it.

Phitsanulok, Thailand
“Authentic Greek Food, our Best dinner in Pattaya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Without a doubt this was our best restaurant experience in Pattaya, and Pattaya has many superb restaurants. I love Greek food and my Thai wife loves to try new cuisine.

Chef Ray offers a varied menu but we stuck with Greek. The food was superb, using only authentic ingredients and they do not skimp on the important things like cheese and olives. We had a skewered barbecued lamb appetizer with sauteed vegetables, a large very meaty/cheesy musaka, and an awesome Greek salad. Sourdough bred and butter is provided. With 2 beers and a mixed drink the tab came to about 1300 baht. Probably the same or a lettle less than I would pay n America.

The service was helpful, and very friendly. They are responsive but do not hover while you look at the menu as Thai restaurants do.

It's off the beaten path but worth the trip. If you go by taxi make sure you have the phone number so the cabbie can talk to them for directions.

Next time we are in Pattaya we will eat here for sure.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pattaya, Thailand
“A new restaurant in Pattaya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

You feel yourself in a restaurant in Spain, only there it is hard to find such a clean restaurant with such a friendly service for that price. There is also an open kitchen, so you can see the cook's doing their jobs. Service is very friendly and professional. Prices are reasonable, not cheap, but the quality is very good. We had the house wine, and enjoyed it. For a starter I can recommend the appetizer plate, with olives, cheese, salami and prosciutto.
This restaurant also offers limited Thai food. There are also daily specialties, with reasonable prices. The place though is not easy to find, so you have to be a "local" to know where it is.

Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
“Wow!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Well what more can I say? Food was just fab, service excellent. Staff very friendly and efficient. No problem finding it although We do llive here so know our way around. Might be tricky for anyone not knowing the area though. Hubby had the steak which was just superbly cooked, my fish was scrummy and very satisfying. Will definitely be regulars there, but best to book online to make sure of a table as it gets very busy. They were turning people away whilst we were eating. Enjoy, we did!

• Visited June 2013