“Just like home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 594 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: American
“Just like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great burgers and chicken just like home. Don't waste your time with McDonald's or Burger King when you go here. Recommend the criss cut fries

UK
“Better than other US franchises in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I can't compare it to Carl's in the US or elsewhere, but I really enjoyed my first Famous Star meal. It's also a great restaurant to sit outside on the balcony. Free refills and good service. I'm sure I'll be back again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shanghai, China
“Not up to par, even with Chinese Carl's Jr.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I live in Shanghai, and have low expectations for foreign outposts of famous burger chains from western US. I have eaten at the Carl's Jr. in Shanghai many times, and have eaten at them in Cali, so I have some point of reference. I ate here a couple of days ago in Pattaya, and was left somewhat disappointed. Although the burger was not bad, the ingredients correct, and served hot, there was absolutely NO CONDIMENTS in the place. The salsa and hot peppers that I expected to be there, all non-existent, and upon request, not provided. I tried their criss-cross fries nachos, and the cheese was unmelted, not so tasty. I should have waited a little longer, as I later found the food court with a BK that was full of people as opposed to the Carl's Jr. that was empty.

They said that they had free wifi, but I guess it only works if you have a Thai phone account, so it wasn't available for me.

My mistake. I guess I should have stuck with Thai street food, and I have gone back to it since.

Visited February 2014
Pattaya
“Casual Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

As an overseas resident of Pattaya - I would eat at Carl's Jnr on a fairly regular basis - the food is good - better in my view then McDonalds - especially their milk shakes- I visited Carl 'a last Friday 10th Jan 2014 and regretfully I have to give negative review and part of this review will apply to two previous visits - no milkshakes available (an important part of my visit), French fries sent back twice - pure cold - the Burger ditto which had obviously being lying about for quiet some time as the bun had become limp - complaining got no satisfaction - all that was offered was "Solly will change" - however when changed - the same problem again - staff are not fully trained as to how this situation should be handled and under no circumstances should food be allowed to become cold - not only is this a 100% turn off - it is also dangerous!!!. The duty manager would not come out from behind a screen - he did however send a staff member out - who would not have even known what day it was - his speciality was expert shoulder shrugging. Carl Jnr's need to have either unannounced inspections carried or preferably to plant some customers whom I have no doubt will shock the powers that be with their report. Carl Jnr's has tough competition in this location (Central Shopping Centre ) and is placed in a very uninviting position within the shopping centre - they need to wake up and smell the coffee - slippage is happening - this is not the same great outlet that opened some short time ago - NR

“Delicious chicken burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I am staying in Pattaya and this is the second time I've come to carls jr. I get it back home in NZ and the burger I get (chicken club) and criss cut fries taste the same, if not better, than in New Zealand. Indoor and outdoor seating offer lovely sea views as well as the giant Xmas tree at the moment. Slightly cheaper than NZ, free drink refills. Good service, although they do not say much, they are friendly and smiling. I refuse to eat chicken in Thailand unless from an overseas franchise, and I haven't been sick from carls jr which great!