“Excellent burger; excellent beef!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #116 of 618 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: American
Angeles City, Philippines
“Excellent burger; excellent beef!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

When I read the review that the beef didn't taste like beef, I was shocked. As a resident of Pattaya, I appreciate good beef -- and Carl's flown-in beef is outstanding. In fact, I rarely eat beef here any more unless I know the restaurant is flying in beef from out of the country.

When Carl's opened here in Pattaya, I was there in the first week. And as a Carl's fan, I was very disappointed. But I should have given them a second chance later after they got used to the business because then I wouldn't have wasted so much time!

It was more than 6 or 8 months before I agreed to try them again, and only after friends bragged about the taste. And they were right. Everything had improved since the first week and the food was outstanding. We now go once per week.

My wife has a chicken burger that is no longer on the menu, but they still make it. It is covered with Jalapenos and she loves it. I'm not sure what will happen if they stop making that special sandwich for her!

I eat the western bbq bacon cheeseburger and I love it. The fries are crispy and very tasty, nothing like the greasy, soft fries you often get in Pattaya.

Strongly suggested. PS: The cost is only slightly less than the US, and that is a trend for all big restaurants in Pattaya. Two of us pay about $13usd for our meal.

Second PS: There is also outdoor seating at Carl's, but both indoor and outdoor seating allow you to experience a beautiful view of the sea while enjoying your meal.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent...best burger and chicken in Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just ate at Carls jr. We had bacon burger, chicken tenders, fish and of course french fries. Very good very quick even with the power cut (they had a backup generator) very good price..400 baht. Recommended.

Daytona Beach
“Where's the beef?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hamburgers didn't seem to be beef. I think they were some kind of bean. The prices aren't so good like LA where you could get a special price on stuff. Mc Ds has the same kind of 'hamburger' but their fried chicken is great. McDs also gives you a great portion of drink/fries.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Authentic Tasting Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This establishment is located in the Festival Mall.

Normally I would not write a review for a fast food location but being an expat in Asia you will understand that not every country has the comforts of home and most time when they do have them they have adjust to local tastes.

This Carl's tastes like any American location. If you need a fix this is your place. The location is clean and well run. For the days that are cool enough there is an outdoor patio that overlooks the bay.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Wish we had this Australia, McDonalds would be gone in a week...the burgers are insane!!! The fries are the best, served to your table fresh hot...not like McDonalds crap!

Visited March 2013