“great place to visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bondi Guest House

Bondi Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pattaya
Bondi Guest House
You added Bondi Guest House to your Saves list
410/51-52 Moo 12, Dongtan Beach Road, Pattaya 20150, Thailand   |
Ranked #39 of 288 Specialty Lodging in Pattaya
Limerick, Ireland
“great place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

just returned from a two week visit to Pattaya.Each day we visited the Bondi guest house on our way to the beach.This venue is one of the best and popular for visitors and locals alike.The ever present Colin was always on hand to give advise and help.Great staff and very nice food available all day.Many thanks to all.

Room Tip: we did not use the rooms but will on next visit.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I liked all the reviews for the Bondi Guest House and mostly agree with them.
The room was very well appointed and comfortable. The location directly across the road from the beach is special.
The staff are very friendly and the owners welcoming; I was even given a complimentary beer on arrival.
I would have been very happy staying longer than the one night . . .
BUT
There is no WiFi internet in the rooms.
For many this may not be a problem but I travel permanently and require access to the internet to sustain my travels. I do have a back-up with my phone but that's not the point. I am already paying 700 baht for the room and expect WiFi for this price. I don't think that is unreasonable.
I downgraded to the guesthouse next door, a compromise on quality but I got super fast WiFi access and for less money.

Room Tip: A lovely comfortable room facing the beach with a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Once again I had such a wonderful stay, the welcome that the staff gave me was wonderful, I am on first name terms with most of them. I noticed that a reviewer commented about the staff being lazy and uninterested, quite frankly I have to disagree, yes they will sit around on there mobiles and chatting with each other, but that is a Thai thing, ring the bell and they come running, in fact if you have a joke with them they love it and the banter can be very funny with the language differences.

Once again I had a Balcony room which I cannot fault watching sunset from the room is a great end to a hectic day on the beach. Rooms are clean and well presented with efficient and quiet air con.

The only problem for me when staying here is that it is almost impossible to drag myself away from the social atmosphere in the bar with the owners and staff and the constant comings and goings of there loyal customers. It really is somewhere very special and I feel totally relaxed and at home in every aspect of my stay. Food and drink is cheap and very good quality with snacks being served throughout the night.

As always Colin and Malcolm are on hand to advise and look after you when the Singha has flowed to well..

Unfortunately for me I cannot plan my next visit because of personal family issues, however I will go back when I can knowing that the people at the Bondi will be as kind and welcoming as they always are.

Room Tip: Balcony Rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Vantaa, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

In Pattaya, on Jomtien beach this is a place to stay for gay-traveller if you'r looking for a place to stay and not spend too much money. Rooms are simple but ok and clean. Rooms with balcony are nice and have a sea wiew. Restaurant downstairs offers cheap drinks and meals. Very near gay beach and bars, many good restaurants also nearby. Friendly service and owners.

• Stayed April 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Once again a wonderful stay at The bondi Bar & Guest house, Waking up each morning to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach is pure heaven for me. The room was as spotless as ever with excellent service from Mrs Pong (Housekeeper). Sitting in the openfronted bar overlooking the beach and watching the world go by is by far the most relaxing experience.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for a seafront room with balcony. Beautiful to sit and look down on the beach...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have been going to Pattaya for about four years and have stayed at the Bondi most of the time.
I have tried a few hotels and guest houses but always go back to the Bondi , i felt welcome the first time i went the on my own not knowing anyone they are friendly funny and always willing to help.
The staff may get things wrong sometime but that is due to the language differents that can happen anywhere.
Overall i have never had a problem with the service or friendly ness of the mangement and the staff i will always visit or stay there .

Room Tip: the rooms at the front are the best for the view and sunsets.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Sit and watch the world go by as you have breakfast and talk to people from all Nations.
Right on the beach so you see everything going on.
Rooms are reasonable and good view from balcony.
Food is great, coffee or drinks any time of day, open 24 hours.
Entertainment most nights.
Some theme nights for special occasions, especially Christmas and New Year with fireworks all along the beach.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bondi Guest House? Share your experiences!