“Wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 586 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Now we're open at lunch as well serving first quality Italian food.
Paris, France
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The place is really nice and clean. The staff is friendly and the owner is always there and very helpful if u need suggestion about the order. We eat only seafood because I was told the owner owns a boat which he uses to fish. In fact the seafood was very fresh, clean and very well cooked. It's not a cheap place, but the service and the quality of the food worth the price. Would love to eat there again if I had the chance

• Thai first
Melbourne
“REAL ITALIAN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

pattaya, among the multitude of Italian restaurants, stands the restaurant "THE MOUTH" I've had the pleasure to attend for the entire period of my stay, and highly recommend it to all those who are trying to go from pattaya! .. you eat really well, and especially the real Italian food cooked by Schef siciliano.l 'excellent cuisine blends perfectly with the friendliness and warmth of the restaurant manager, who was also Italian, all framed in a classy and clean that transmits the REAL ITALIAN AND PLEASANT ATMOSPHERE! .... to be missed.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pattaya
“Khun Stefano, you may want to close for Lunch in the off-season - sure in the evening you are doing fine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were a group of three and the only patrons for the entire time at “La Bocca”. One single waiter was ever visible. Another person, in a kitchen styled uniform was playing a game on the telephone two tables behind us towards the kitchen. Khun Stefano, so you can trace our visit: 9. July Lunch at around 13 hours. Once the drinks, meals were served the waiter disappeared, nowhere to be seen. My host cared to have a Pepper-mill for his “Carbonara” and so did the lady for her “Beef Carpaccio”. We called in vain for attention. So, I got up to help myself to a pepper-mill from the service station. Later, my host finished the first bottle of water and wished for more. Waiter still not to be seen! (My host after futile calls got up and approached speaking in Thai the "gambler" if he spoke any Thai. If so, could he kindly ask the waiter to bring another bottle of water! Reluctantly, the gambler got up to inform the waiter. The waiter duly came without the water, but asked what was desired. He then brought the new bottled water. Am I wrong – in any “Italian Styled” Restaurant a pepper-mill is an obligatory attribute? Not so at “La Bocca”! The Beef Carpaccio was perfect, well presented and seized but without ground pepper from a mill. “Spaghetti Carbonara” comes with a number of receipt variations. Certainly “Spaghetti Carbonara” must be served moist, either with additional water from the water the spaghetti was cooked in, (alternatively some cream), but always egg–yolk mixed together with chopped bacon (pecorino), fried to perfection, cheese (pancetta) and glazed onions (not a must). A little bit of chopped parsley is never wrong when added to the piping hot spaghetti paned again with a bit of fresh butter and seasoned to taste before plated. Fried chopped crisp bacon that it is uncomfortable to chew is a no-no. Our dish was dry, super crisp bacon and simply no balanced taste. It is certainly not as good as some say it is!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gattothai, Owner at La Bocca Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear customer, thank you very much for your review, you tell me things that surprise me in one way and not in other way. First i apologize for the bad service you had in your lunch, my staff did exactly the opposite of what I teach them. As you notice the season is very slow so i have only one waiter working for the lunch, and he suppose to be one of the best I have, working for me for moore than one year, but this is the proof that i cannot leave them alone. Sorry again. About the pizza guy that was playing with the telephone, thank you to telling me that becouse I have a rule that during the working time all the telephones must be in a drawer but as you can see as soon as I leave the place they take advantages and so now I will take actions against him cutting his salary, the only way they understand.
What happened make me very disappointed I try to do my best and teach them every day but in Pattaya this is the level of the staff you find around, i will be happy to pay moore salary to someone that can do a proper job but in 3 years i cannot find one, only people with no care, no respect and try to cheat every day.
Hope you can give us another chace.
Stefano
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
“Very nice dinner and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Tonight we desided to eat pizza but didn't know were, so we drove to Jomtien and look for an Italian restaurant, so we found "La Bocca" a friendly man welcommend us and shaked hands with us. We dicided to share a pizza and order some salads. We took the Parmazan Pizza and the mozzarella salad and the mixed salad.

When it came to our table we both start laughing because it was a lot, we could never eat that with to persons. The pizza was baked in a real pizza oven and tasted delicius, the bottom was thin and the toppings very tastfull. It reminded me on the pizza I ate in Lecce were i had been. Later we heart that one of the owners came from south Italy, from Secilië te bo exactly.

The salads were to much but very tastfull and fresh, Stefano (the owner) came to our table and we had a very good conversation about the life in Thailand. I told him that I really liked how they made the food full of pasion and right from the hart.

The restaurant was very clean and looked great. The stuff was more than friendly and very helpfull. I will go back there with me friend and show him the restaurant. We really had a very nice time and I enjoyed the food. The price what you payed for the quality and the "size" of the food was very affordable. Thank you Stefano and stuff we wil come back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“It is the best restaurant in Pattaya.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Stefano is the owner and he is a very good man who truly cares about his customers.
The food is quick and very delicious.
It also has a wide range of variety of gluten free food which is very important for those who follow the diet.
Overall I say deserves a 10/10 rating simply because it has everything the customer wants.

• Visited May 2014