I am working in Thailand, and have been in Pattaya for many times. With my Sister, brother-in law, and my nephew with his girlfriend coming to visit me, bringing them to Pattaya is a must for them 1st time visiting Thailand. But I want to get away from the usual busy Pattaya beach, where they might not be too fond of those A-go-go bar stuff. So I decide to book a Resort distant away to the crowded beach, and after many research, I choose Royal Cliff Grand, (change from Beach Hotel to Grand Hotel).
On arrival, the quietness & the spectacular view all round plus the Grand Lobby only suggest to me that I did not make a wrong choice.
Checking in is no problem, probably we arrive quite late near to 5pm. Nice welcome drink as well.
However, I have to touch on some minu points first:
1) We were assign to 3 rooms next to one another, but 2 of the rooms did not come with Sun lounger in the balcony. I have decided to change from Beach Hotel to Grand because knowing about sun loungers at the balcony, only to realize not every room have. We get the rooms change eventually, (mention about it below). Hotel must do something about it, and don’t advertise and give a wrong impression that all room setting is the same, which will be misleading. I cannot imagine if all other rooms are fully occupy, it will leave many unhappy guests.
2) The mini bar in the room, there are already items missing when we check in, included expensive whisky wine however it was not reflected. Fortunately my nephew realize that and we called the lobby and someone came to acknowledge that, but without refilling them. That gave us another problem during check out, when we have to explain like hell for not wanting to pay what we did not consume. It was strange that guest has to check the mini bar themselves in such a 5-star hotel, and when they came to acknowledge the discrepancy, they did not inform to the main desk about missing items in our rooms, also they did not refill them that become problematic during check-out.
3) Infinity pool was close for renovate during our visit, it was a big disappointment, because I have told my relatives that we will have fun at this highly recommended pool.
OK, so much so of the negative. There are however many positive.
1) It is a very beautiful hotel, from the lobby to the room
2) The view from the balcony will blow your mind away.
3) We have got 2 of our rooms change so that we all have the sun loungers in the balcony. It was worth insisting it, though the explanation was some balcony were small and cannot accommodate sun loungers just chair. The plus point here was, I want to give credit to the lady servicing us from the front desk during check in to sending us to the rooms. She was friendly and very helpful, we appreciate her for making arrangement to suit our need and showing each room to us first. I am sorry I forgot her name. We arrived at 24th Sep about 5pm, and she was the one serving us.
4) We have a wonderful time in the pool, seem that we are the only guests using the pool. However the pool is too deep, my wife and sister who don't swim can only restricted on the stairs area. (We should have try other hotel pool though)
5) The food at the Chinese Restaurant was good, my wife and i are both vegetarian, and there are enough choice for us. The morning buffet breakfast though have enough variety , but only indian vegetarian were available. However overall still OK.
6) The private beach is nice too. We enjoy ourselves during evening time there, looking at the sun set. Though not the best weather then, having too many cloud. But still very nice.
Though I found there are lack of activities provide by the hotel, being a Resort. We keep our entertain by ourselves. The location was quite difficult to find too, I hired my own Van throughout the 2 days stay, the driver has a hard time finding the hotel in the first day, too little signs board setup in the main room. Going to the main Pattaya Beach was difficult with little transport means, I have my own van with make thing better.
Overall an incredible huge resort hotel. I recommend this hotel for those who love beach and want to have privacy and peace for relaxing while do not wish to travel too far out from Bangkok.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear Valued Guest,
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you very much for bringing your family to stay at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel.
Thank you also for your compliments about the hotel, view, service, restaurant and our private beach.
We truly appreciate your detailed review as it will allow us to improve and rectify any problems you encountered. Please allow me to address the issues you raised in your review. Firstly, over 90% of our rooms have sun loungers and a large balcony. The rooms that do not still offer a stunning view and comfortable chairs for our guests.
We apologise about the mishap with the mini bar. I have spoken with the departments concerned and we have developed a system so that this mistake won't happen again. Thank you for your feedback on this.
The renovation of our beautiful infini pool is now completed. All guests are welcomed to use this pool.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback.
We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Royal Cliff. This time you can enjoy our beautiful and newly improved infini pool.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.