“meaw23” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Cliff Grand Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Royal Cliff Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Royal Cliff Grand Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   353 Phra Tamnuk Road | (part of the Royal Cliff Hotels Group), Pattaya 20150, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Royal Grand Getaway
Ranked #20 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
Nakhon Pathom, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
“meaw23”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

i'm going to royal cliff on 27-28 august 2013 with my love
and i stay in sweet seview room it very perfect hotel
The hotel was clean.The rooms were clean and well stocked.
The views are amazing and i loved Infinity Pool and the breakfast was good .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely comments about your recent stay to other travelers.

I was very happy to read that you and you partner liked the room, cleanliness, infini pool and the breakfast.

Your comments are most valuable and a great encouragement for our team to continually maintain our high service level.

Thank you again for sharing your pleasant experience at our hotel and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Royal Cliff Hotel Group– The State of Exclusivity and Fascination!

With kind regards,

Christoph Voegeli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have visited thailand in augest and it was a great trip travelling solo and in pattaya i have booked royal cliff hotel and just a great hotel with great facilities i was use to be a tour operator but not just working on my own with my company promotion king the only flaw i had was internet connection on which they told me was chargeable and the speed was not good

Room Tip: Rooms was good on the left side of Hotel with beaches around.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments and for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff Hotels Group.

It makes us all happy to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you love the hotel and facilities.

Please allow me to explain about the internet access at the resort. We provide free fast Wi-fi for every guest staying with us. I am sorry if one of our team member misinformed you. The only time we charge is if a guest would like ultra fast speed. This however comes at a very reasonable price.

Thank you again for sharing your pleasant experience at our hotel and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back at Royal Cliff Hotel Group.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is, as the name suggests, the grandest of the Royal Cliff complex. it doesn't have the best pool ( that is the beautiful infinity pool at the Beach which has stupendous sunsets) and the rooms , although comfortable and with lovely views, are slightly dated. The lobby and bar area are intimidating and not inviting ( the best bar is the Breeze where the waves come right up). We ate at several restaurants in the complex and recommend the Grill but also the Thai restaurant in the Grand where we had superb fresh fish, beautifully prepared and very reasonable. We also did a cookery class which was extremely well organised and informative and very enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review and for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff Hotels Group.

It makes us all happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the hotel, restaurants, cooking school, swimming pools and the view.

Your feedback are most valuable to us as it assist us to continually improve. We will look at how we can make the lobby area and the bar more inviting. About the rooms we are currently renovating them. By the end of this year we will have about 60 new rooms with modern design for grand hotel guests.

Thank you again for sharing your pleasant experience about our hotel and we very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the state of exclusivity and fascination.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Yelverton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was our fourth visit to this hotel and we will be making yet another visit at the end of October. We have found it the perfect place to relax and catch our breath after several touring holidays in the area. The rooms are light and airy with fantastic views and the food would impress even the most discerning diners. The staff are pleasant and go out of their way to meet any requirements. An added bonus is Lancers which is an extremely good Tailor in Pattaya itself where I stock up on silk dresses etc whenever I have the opportunity.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your positive review and thank you too for your loyalty and for choosing us again for your upcoming visit in October.

I think there can be no better compliment for a hotel than have guests returning to the same property over and over again and it definitely feels good when the service and facilities of our hotel get acknowledged and authenticated by a valued guest like you.

Your feedback will be shared with our team and I am sure it will boost their motivation and engagement to keep up with the unparalleled service we strive to provide.

It was pleasure to have you as our guest.

We all look very much forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay at Royal Cliff Hotels Group.

Kind regards,

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We are customers for many years, and yet, without exaggerating, still my favorite hotel when visiting Pattaya. We have a favorite waiter at breakfast, named Somjay, he is so attentive, nice and help you thru the entire breakfast without any secondary intention. I really hope he will be one day appointed to floor manager. At the poolside, wherever we will be sitting, pool boys and life guards of every pool section are very helpful, they help you with bringing your towels to your seats, putting all chairs together if you are traveling in group ... Pity that hotel has no complimentary trips to town, very difficult to get a tuk tuk up hill where we were ...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for your compliments. We truly appreciate your loyalty and we always enjoy taking care of you.

I have shared the review with the entire team. We have rewarded Khun Somchai and the pool butlers for their great service towards you.

Please allow me to explain about the shuttle bus service to Pattaya centre. We charge 100THB per trip which is used for fuel cost. We provide frequent trips during the day and evening time to the city centre. We hope you will use it next time as it is very comfortable and we can assure your safety.

Thank you again for sharing your pleasant experience about our hotel and we very much look forward to welcoming you back at Royal Cliff Hotel Group.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I think the weakest area for this hotel is the communication from shift to shift between the staff. If you have a problem that you explain to one person and expect it to be taken care of, you will have to follow up and may have to repeat your issue again. It is frustrating. However, if someone works on your problem right away, it is resolved satisfactorily. You just have to be your own advocate, and I thought this hotel would be more up to the task.

I was offered several rooms upon check-in and to the staff's credit, they worked tirelessly to make me happy. It was 1:30am and we were all tired, but they kept at it and it was worth the effort as I had a very nice club level sea view room. The view is great and the amenities are really good and the bathroom was first rate. Great towels, great water pressure, lots of space. The bed didn't sleep well for me and there was a funny smell all throughout the hotel. I think it is because it is so humid, but they keep the air fresheners going night and day to take care of the musty smell.

The breakfast has many selections including fresh prepared eggs. There are sometimes bugs and mosquitos on the fruit, so be careful. The club level is very nice. There is plenty of space and good computers and many good snacks in the morning, but by afternoon the snacks are few. But it is a nice place to rest and enjoy the great view.

The beach is about 100 steps down the hill, which means there is 100 steps back up! The lounges are comfortable and the hotel provides you with sandals and beach towels. The beach isn't anything great and the water isn't clear, but it is warm and relatively clean. The pools however are spectacular. Lots of space and a great atmosphere.

In my room there was a panel to control the lights and turn on the TV and the do not disturb sign. On my first night, I was struggling with jet lag, turned on the do not disturb sign and retired early. About 7:30pm, there was loud knocking on the door and it was the turn down service. I was dismayed that the man had ignored my sign. However, even though the light on my control panel was illuminated, the button was not working outside my room. I called downstairs, left a complaint and expected this to be resolved but it wasn't until I talked to another manager the next day. Then the repair was made. Also, I asked the manager to make a spa appointment for me and notify me when it was complete, and he did not. Again, just be aware of this problem.

The shops at the hotel are fine. This hotel is immediately adjacent to the convention center, so if you are not a conventioneer, you might have to put up with people who are. If you are attending a conference it is super convenient and there is even a shuttle bus for the short walk to the hall.

This hotel wants to be better, so give it a chance. The General Manager spoke with me personally upon my check out and I know he wants to give the best service possible.

Room Tip: Get a club level room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Royal Cliff Hotels Group and for taking the time to share your experience to other travelers. Thank you also for meeting with me in person and accepting our apologies.

Let me – once more – take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit.

As discussed with you during that time, I was deeply saddened to hear about the room condition and service issues, however because of your comments we were able to address those short comings immediately.

We value guest feedback as a motivator and a chance to improve weaknesses and above all it assists us to maintain a high level of quality and guest service. Concerning the stairs to the beach we confirm that it is correct that there are stairs (about 30) down to the beach but there are also 2 lifts for maximum convenience to the guest.

I had a detailed discussion with the Front Office and Housekeeping Team and the respective managers have taken steps to review our quality control systems and to re-train staff to avoid similar problems in the future.

On the other hand we highly appreciate to learn that you liked the bathroom, amenities, pools and breakfast.

Let me ensure you that what you experienced is not the actual level of service (and quality) provided at Royal Cliff Hotels Group. Actually, many outstanding guest comments and the 100 plus awards we achieved are indicative of the level we operate.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the future and I look forward to welcome you back for another stay at Royal Cliff Hotels Group.

With kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been for 9 nights in August. It is a very clean and well maintained resort, with comfortable room (mini suite). I was surprise because even as the group of hotel (4) is huge, it is absolutely not crowded. One umbrella was always available, on the beach and at pools. Good choise of restaurant, the Italian and Thai very good!

• Stayed August 2013
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are absolutely delighted to have you as our guest for 9 nights. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience to other travelers.

Clean, comfort and convenience are the areas we strive for perfection at Royal Cliff. We aim to offer exclusive and personalised service to everyone.

My chefs were very happy when I shared with them your compliments.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We look forward to your return to the State of Exclusivity & Fascination.

Warm regards,

Christoph Voegeli

Been to Royal Cliff Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!