“Good hotel for low budget” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jomtien Thani Hotel

You added Jomtien Thani Hotel to your Saves list
Jomtien Thani Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75/261 Moo 12 Jomtien Beach Road, Pattaya 20260, Thailand   |
Ranked #234 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
Leidschendam, The Netherlands
“Good hotel for low budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Very good location. Close to golf of Thailand. The water in this golf is very warm, so it was better to use the excellent swimming pool at the hotel. The hotel is not new. You can see that starting from elevators. Room was clean, but nothing special. The view from our 9th floor room was excellent facing the gulf. The stuff of the hotel were very helpful and friendly. If you need to travel or organize trips, the best way to do it is through Wanna Go travel across from hotel. We arranged to travel to Phuket from Utapao Airport which is very nice and only 50 minutes drive. A great excursion is to Nongnooch botanical garden and the Floating Market we hired a private driver for 1000 baht. A great restraint is the Surf Restraunt on the Main Street. If you want to go to Pattaya you can take tuktuk to walking street for 20 baht to have a fun. Weather was more than 32 durin the day and nights.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Stuttgart
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Brilliant view to the sea – excellent breakfast – very friendly and helpful staff at the reception desk – nice swimming pool.
Furniture in the deluxe room very old and a bit run down and not suitable to a 4*-hotel – bathroom not to standard – expensive Internet (300 Bath a day!) - only three elevators which may cause longer waiting times - absolutely overpriced unless you have a special offer – beach is not very nice and not inviting for swimming - area and shops near the hotel are not interesting but you can easily take the Bath taxi to areas near bye

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The lobby looked okay. But when I got to my room porter dumped bag and waited for his tip. The bathroom fittings were old and protruding from the tiles in the wall. A dark 'peephole' next to shower made me feel uncomfortable. Mould on ceiling. For three days I had dirty brown water coming out of shower but I was suffering terrible bronchial infection so did not have energy to complain. Water eventually cleared up. I had attended reception to complain about the water and they told me to wait in my room for the 'engineer'. I waited two hours and called back asking what had happened. No apology. They just told me to wait again for him to arrive, which he did about five minutes later.
I paid online for a room with double bed which cost me USD $53 per night. That included buffet breakfast daily. Breakfast finished at 10am which was too early for me, but I wasn't missing out on much. The buffet was ordinary so I preferred to eat out anyway.
Air conditioning in room was an old unit but worked okay. The balcony had a view of pool and beach to my left.
I was on 6th floor which is one of the floors where the water pressure was good, but hot water was not on all the time and I had to accept lukewarm water at times which was not good when I was having chills from fever.
SINGLE MEN be warned. I met a girlfriend when I was there and I asked her back to my room. The hotel slugged me with a 500 Baht 'visitor' fine. I argued that the price for a room with double bed was the same for one or two people - i.e. I had effectively paid for two people already. The hotel staff agreed but stated that because my room only listed one guest I still had to pay. I tried to further explain this lack of logic and unfairness but they would not change their mind. So if booking online - book for two guests so you can argue that you have already paid for two people.
I was so annoyed I told them I would not be coming back here and they just replied, 'Ka'. In other words they don't care.
The pool is not clean and has a lot of thin grease on the surface. There is algae in the tiles which makes me think that they don't use enough chlorine. The pool is 1.5 metres and is the same level for the whole pool. So no deep area.
The hotel limits how many towels it will provide for the pool. The Russian tourists (which make up about 90% of the guests) grab them all early so there is never any left. The wooden beams around the pool are loose and a couple of times I almost tripped over.
There are no umbrellas at all for the sundeck chairs, which seems to suit the Russian tourists who just want to bake in the sun and get tans, but for others it is uncomfortably hot and there is no shade except for a small hut that a couple of deck chairs are under and most certainly already reserved.
The hotel advertises a fully equipped gym which is a blatant lie and was one of the reasons I booked online. There are two cross trainers, one rowing machine and an exercise bike. All of that equipment is about twenty years old and all are faulty so you need patience to finally get one to work. There is a bench and a rack of dumbbells from 1kg to 10kg only. The fitness room is tiny, has no air conditioning and gets incredibly hot and humid inside. A window faces the pool and allows the sun to pour in. Extremely disappointing as I had booked this hotel from Australia expecting a decent fitness room and equipment. There is a pool room next to fitness room but is not in use and has become a storage room for furniture (basement level is undergoing major renovation). So pool tables could not be used. They charge 150 baht an hour to use pool table anyway.
The massage centre at the hotel next to fitness centre is deceiving so BE WARNED: if you want to go for a normal massage they advertise 300 baht an hour but in small print you must have minimum 2 hour massage = 600 baht. For most 2 hours is too long.
WI-FI is not free in this hotel. They have packages ranging from 150 baht per day to 800 baht per week. The Wi-Fi connection in the hotel is good and I could get good reception in my room.
The hotel room TV was an old 34cm TV cathode ray tube version. The reception on each channel was terrible with static all over the screen. It seems that some rooms are lucky to get a flat screen but not me.
The hotel provides two free bottles (small) of water per day.
The cleaners are good and polite. But some of the bed sheets I got, although clean, had blood and other stains on them. The bed was nice and flat though.
Some of the towels could be replaced with some of the towels I received with holes in them.
The lift man upon seeing my girlfriend later seemed to be asking me to meet girls from Issan. He could not speak English well but he got on my nerves daily as every time he saw me he asked 'you have girl tonight?' If I shook my head he burst into laughter. I felt uncomfortable.
One of the liftmen though was very polite and even saluted every time.
I saw maintenance men a number of times on my floor (6) working on leaking pipes and doing major repairs causing massive carpet stains.
BE WARNED: If you get food and drinks from outside and them take them with you to the pool the hotel will fine you over 1000 Baht.
BE WARNED: The pool shuts at 6pm. I found this out when I went for a dip about 5.45pm. On 6pm the rude male employee was waving me out and telling me to get out. Very rude. But the next day I saw a group of Russians in the pool and he did not say a word and in fact other Russian guests entered the pool after 6pm. It seems if you are alone then you are a target (I am Australian as well so not really their target guest market).
The hotel is obviously intended to cater for Russian tourists mainly with Russian tour information and Russian language that seems to be predominant. Expect to be kept awake with loud talking and arguments at night.
Also, my room had a separating common door that linked to the next guest room. Whilst there, three different couples had moved into that room and every time tried to open my door scaring me to death in the middle of the night.
Be careful to lock your balcony door because it would be easy for people to jump over adjoining balcony. Brochure advertises that you can enjoy fresh breeze on balcony. It was just hot and humid with stagnant air the whole time probably because my hotel overlooked the bland looking pool.
Room though did have a security safe which was good.
There is a bar directly opposite the hotel which I went in one hot day to get a cold Coke. I was accosted by a transvestite whom I tried to be polite with. But as I left it yelled out disgusting comments. Daily when I would go past to go into hotel I could hear the yells from the transvestites making lewd crude remarks. Otherwise the hotel is very conveniently located to restaurants, bars and Jomtien beach.
Upon leaving the hotel the porter took my bag to taxi and I tipped him. No thanks. Nothing. I was glad to get the hell out of there. Overall the hotel is very rundown, has poor facilities, basic buffet, over priced, false advertising regarding fitness centre. A very boring hotel and very basic pool with no shade anywhere. My opinion: DON'T GO THERE. There's plenty of other much better places with much better facilities and cheaper.

Room Tip: Don't book a high floor or you will have no water pressure. I have been told that Level 6 (wher...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
plymouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Jomtien Thani Hotel is near the beach that we like.
The hotel was a last min booking with 2 kids a bit limited on hotels so booked this one double bed with fold down bed for the 8 year old nice size room and good view down to pool and out to sea.
The breakfast buffet was ideal for me and the GF being Thai she could eat away on her food and her daughter could to.
The pool i think is not very kid friendly being no shallow end for the 8 year old wouldn't go in it after she felt unsafe with how deep the shallow end was, there is a bit on the end that is for babys.
With in easy walking to many eating places or what bars are there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TOWNSVILLE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

To start our day off after our long trip from Australia..we rock up to this hotel and due to all the rain and everything the roof is falling down around right where the taxi pulls up. Then they had cancelled our booking due to a miscommunication with our travel agent so they had only 1 room in the whole hotel which was a twin room (we even ask if we paid to upgrade did they have a room) once in the room our bathroom was really small and the roof was full of mould and falling down as well. We stayed the night (booked for 6) and our last straw was we left the room for 30min so they could clean the room and some of our stuff was stolen within that time. We checked out then and there and went to a different hotel in a different part of Pattaya. When we check out they asked us why we were leaving, we just said stuff went missing from our room. They didn't even ask what or seemed concern and didn't even apologise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuttgart
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The hotel is near the beach and I had a wonderful view to the sea from the balcony and even from my bed. My superior room was big and has got a nice shape. The bathroom is old-fashioned but they installed a new shower and a new toilet. Room and bathroom were very clean. The breakfast buffet is nice with various items as there are also many Asians as guests in this hotel. I liked it and you can eat and drink as much as you want. Most of the staff was friendly though I have stayed in friendlier places so far. The big pool invites you to daily swimming.

The hotel has seen many guests. They should refurbish the hotel because there is the danger of running it down. Not much time left!! The very old safety box in my room didn’t work properly and I had to store my valuables in the safety box at the reception. Internet is very fast but costs 150 Baht a day. Nowadays free Internet should be standard and you get it for free in cheaper hotels! Nothing else is to complain.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel has been around for a long time but is generally well maintained - except for the pool area which has some loose tiles and sharp edges that need repairing.

The lack of free WiFi is also a bit poor in 2012. There is a place across Soi 5 (Ron's Internet) that does have blocks of WiFi time available at reasonable prices and the connection speeds inside the Thani rooms is quite good.

The best parts are the location - just 2 minutes walk to the beach, and the breakfast buffet.

The Hotel is very popular with package tour groups which can make check in and out a hassle and also some of the groups are particularly loud and inconsiderate in the breakfast area.

On my last stay (about my 6th stay) I was asked for a 100 Euro Deposit, the explanation being that some people have been leaving the hotel and not paying for minibar items or damage to the rooms - another problem related to large group bookings I suspect. They accepted a credit card and appologised - sad it has come to this.

Room Tip: As for a room with a sea view. There are some rooms that face away from the sea with a view of other...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Jomtien Thani Hotel? Share your experiences!