Royal Cliff Hotel is an excellent choice for anyone wanting to stay in a great hotel in Pattaya. We stayed in the sea facing mini suite.
This is a superb hotel by all standards. Nice spacious rooms, clean linen, clean bathroom. Very nice restaurants with great food (ofcourse it is not cheap - this is a 5 star hotel). Lots of options for food viz., Indian, Chinese, Italian and many good options for pure vegetarians as well. Hotel had a great breakfast spread. For a pure vegetarian and wanting Indian food I was more than satisfied. My kids were happy too. Awesome infinity pool - what an experience it was.
This hotel is ideal for couples looking for a romantic holiday or honeymooners or for retired people or if you want peace and clam from the hustle and bustle of city centre. The hotel is away from city action but just is just 3 km away. So you can get to the city centre in about 10 mins (30 mins or more during traffic).
The hotel is superbly located, the view is the best you can have possibly have. I do not think any hotel can compete with the view that Royal Cliff sea facing rooms offer.
The hotel has more options than you can use in a few days e.g. golf, play areas, nice gym, spa, massage etc - everything you want on a RELAXED holiday. This hotel is like a resort where you need to be at the hotel to enjoy it. Hence if you're going for the first time to Pattaya or if you want to go around sight-seeing then choose another hotel.
But if you want to enjoy a few leisurely and luxurious days in Pattaya this is your best choice.
Please note that this is a 5 star hotel so do not expect a value for money situation. However there are a few areas where the hotel can consider changing its policy.
Though this hotel is a bit far from city centre and what stands out like a sore thumb is the conveyance / taxi etc facility from the hotel. The hotel charges a stiff 400-600 baht for one way to city centre in their private taxi. This is just not done. Even the hotel shuttle is expensive. Please note that the vehicles used are of top quality and hotel's private taxi is ok to hire if you're 8 or more persons. But all said I have hardly ever seen any hotel in the world which does not allow public taxi's to ply in and serve travellers like us. Royal cliff must change its attitude and allow public taxi's to come into the hotel and pick up passengers. In any case if you're ok to walk about 500 - 800 meters to the main gate you may find public taxi's standing there. Also note that the baht bus hired from city to drop you to hotel will also charge around 150 to 200. Conveyance is big let down at this hotel. If you are hiring a car then you have nothing to worry about.
I wanted crockery & cutlery in my room to feed my one year old child. The hotel charges for this facility. The charge per se was small but for a 5 star to try and earn money for such a small thing was in bad taste.
Hotel has kids play facilities but all chargeable - that's such a let down. Free playing areas are a big "must have" item for travellers with children.
The hotel must have a 7-11 or similar store either one on its own premises or very close by. It is an essential necessity for travellers more particularly if you're travelling with children.
Breakfast to kids:
Hotels must give complimentary breakfast for kids. How much will a child really eat? It is a nice facility to have.
So if hotel does not give free breakfast to children then a convenience store becomes so much more important to buy milk, yogurt, cheese, snacks, chocolates etc.
I was disappointed with this. Only 2 devices per room are allowed. This is not done. These days anyone would have atleast 3 or more devices. One mobile phone for each person and one ipad or tab or ipod or similar. Hotel must review policy to allow 3 devices at the least. We had to make one phone a hotspot and use tethering to connect tabs etc.
1. If you are travelling with kids: Avoid this hotel and take a hotel in town and on beach road if you can. Everything is easy then viz., shopping, eating, moving around etc.
2. If you are travelling without kids and but if the conveyance cost is going to prick you then again consider avoiding this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Cliff Beach Pattaya
- Hotel Royal Cliff Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vibrant and lively Royal Cliff Beach Hotel (Casual luxury) is located in the heart of the Royal Cliff Hotels Group. The hotel went through extensive renovation in 2011 and the rooms offer IPTV solution. Providing exceptional value for money, the hotel offers a wide range of accommodation and all the benefits and facilities of a luxurious five star resort including, 11 restaurants, 5 bars, 2 health spas, Thai cooking school, fitness centre, 7 floodlit tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 4-hole putting green, exclusive beach and private catamaran. There is also a business centre equipped with the latest Apple Macs available within the resort for the business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Otel, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Royal Cliff Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.