“the best pool in pattaya” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya

You added Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya to your Saves list
Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   429 Moo 9, Pattaya Beach Road | Cholburi, Pattaya 20150, Thailand   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #19 of 387 Hotels in Pattaya
Certificate of Excellence 2014
guwahati, Assam
“the best pool in pattaya”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The pool and the pool staff were great, they cannot be compared to any other place in pattaya. A great place for the children, as well as for the adults. Rooms were not cleaned regularly, inspite of making numerous requests. Beware of the room in the 2nd floor, which is just above their kitchen, you cannot open your windows and balcony. We got our room changed after the first night. The Lobby staff were very helpful , charming and they remember your names. Try to book upper floor rooms. Excellent location, and one of the most happening place in Pattaya, other than the walking street, suitable for family and children Security is good, and you feel comfortable. Spa was below average.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I have stayed in all the upmarket hotels in Pattaya but the one which I come back to is the Hard Rock Hotel. It has the most fun swimming pool, a great small gym, terrific spa and massage facilities, the staff remember your name and the food is great!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Ive been going to Hard Rock Pattaya for 3 years now and each year it keeps getting better. Unfortunately the hotel is starting to date but renovations start in October which will be exciting to see. The staff are what make he hotel. They are great each and everyone of them. A big thank you to the boys at The Shack (Tuk Tuk, Dom, Hero, Charlie and Peanut
) You all were fantastic,l you never complained and were ALWAYS smiling which makes everyone else smile. The rock agents around the pool, where to start. Arm, Villy, Sax, Tedz, Bank, Jim, Quest, Tiger, Pinky, Kookaii, you all made my holiday a rememorable one. Always willing to help, fantastic with the kids and again always smiling. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Angkana_ning, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Dear Friend,

Warm greetings from the Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya.

Thank you for your recent stay and for having taken time to give us feedback via TripAdvisor.com.

I am heartened to hear that you are satisfied with our hotel staff, services & activities; I proudly shared your comments with all our management.

I am in agreement with you that the hotel needs an upgrade. To this end, we are planning our renovation in the second half of the year, and we are currently in the process of designing and planning. The renovation is expected to be completed in 2 years, as we tackle the property area by area.

We truly value our Star’s comments, hope to welcome you soon again at the Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya.

Best,

The Director of Operations,

Penrith, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

What an AWESOME place to stay!! The service from all staff at this hotel was outstanding!! A great place to stay for people of all ages.. My children had a ball participating in the daily activities around the pool.. There was always something going on.. I would definately reccomend this hotel!! I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Malacca, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

I don't really like to write reviews but as i read the reviews below by others, notice that some of them are complaining and i don't know why. Below are my experience i had with the hotel.

Firstly, i arrived to the hotel after 6 hours ride from Malaysia to Bangkok and to Pattaya. Before check in the take two cups of cocktail for me & my fiance. After check in, we went in the room and we're loving it. Well designed, comfortable & multi featured tv. Right after taking shower, we went down to the lobby to enquire some questions about the places to visit from the receptionist. They are very helpful, besides providing the informations and make reservation for us, they also arrange transportation for us to go around the places we want to visit. Each and everytime i walk in and out the lobby, if i have anything carrying on my hand, they sure will offer to help me take it.

Later in the evening, we had our dinner in the Hard Rock Cafe and i can say that the food was excellent! Each guest/table will have their own Server/Waiter and the one served us was providing very good service. Each food then we're eating, he will ask how's the taste? do we like it?

The next day i went to the Rock Spa in the hotel. Although it was just an hour spa but i fell very relaxing. Me & my fiance went to the Hard Rock shop below the Hard Rock Cafe to buy some of the Hard Rock t-shirts too. Some of the reviews complaining the lights in the balcony very ugly. The lights are part of the Hotel design. I personally don't feel that its disturbing or making me feel uncomfortable.

Overall, this hotel is a great place to stay. In future, if i'm coming to pattaya, i will definitely consider this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Angkana_ning, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from the Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya.

I am heartened to hear that you are satisfied with our hotel services and our staff; I proudly shared your comments with all our management.

We truly value our Star’s comments and i hope to welcome you back soon again at the Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya.

The Director of Operations

Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya.
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

Best Hotel ever! (our fourth time here in four years) . The friendly staff always have time for a chat and are always smiling. The entertainment every day around the pool is great. The rooms are quite small, but I believe they are being renovated in the near future.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Friends,

Thank you for Rockin’ with us for the fourth time. We truly value our Star’s comments and we thank you for the great review that we shared proudly with all our Team.

Hope to welcome you soon again at the Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya.

To Serve is to Rock!

Director of Operations,

istanbul
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I had the displeasure of staying at this hotel for 9 nights. I had booked the rooms through an agency and pre-paid for the room.
The rooms are full various stains and extremely outdated.(especially the bathrooms)
You can hear the loud conversation of the cleaning staff at the hallway when they begin their routine check on the rooms at 07:30.
The daily in room internet charge of 600 baht is unacceptable if you consider the condition of the rooms.
The food at the main restaurant (buffet) is below average and overpriced. I had the pleasure of collecting hair from my chicken dish. In return, the management was kind enough to make 10% discount on the drinks.
The service that I received during check-out topped it all. I had noticed that there was a internet charge of 1200 baht for one of the days I stayed in. I pointed out this mistake (which could have been my fault also since you might choose the daily package twice!!). Extremely unfriendly, Mr. Paopong refused to listen to me and pointed out that if it was a mistake, it would not be on my bill. He was kind to ask me why this charge was on my bill??!! I doubt any of the staff at the reception had any training in their fields or they hate to work there.

If you find yourself staying at this establisment, do not be too kind to tip the waiters since the hotel bills you with 10% service charge on everything you eat and drink.

Finally, if you are single and got lucky one night, expect to pay 900 Baht to accompany your lady to your room :) this earns the hotel the brothel status and extremely insulting to the lady.

Overall, I strongly reccomend you to avoid this hotel. The only positive thing that I can write is the fact that the location and the friendly staff at the pool area of the hotel. On the other hand, there are many other and better alternatives in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Angkana_ning, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, July 4, 2010
“ Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from the Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya.

Thank you for your recent stay and for having taken time to give us feedback via Tripadvisor.com.

I noted your comments, clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, for that I sincerely apologize.

I have reviewed your feedback below in details with our food and beverage & Room division manager.

By the way, we are planning our renovation in the second half of the year, and we are currently in the process of designing and planning. The renovation is expected to be completed in 2 years, as we tackle the property area by area.

Dear Sir, thank you for your feedback once again and despite the negatives, in which we will endeavour to improve, I hope we can welcome you back to Pattaya in the not too distant future. For any queries and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, or my colleagues at reservations, through rooms.pattaya@hardrockhotels.net.

With best regards,

To serve is to Rock,

The Director of Operations

Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya “

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya? Share your experiences!