“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amari Garden Pattaya

You added Amari Garden Pattaya to your Saves list
Amari Garden Pattaya
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   240 Pattaya-Naklua Road, Pattaya 20150, Thailand (Formerly Amari Orchid Pattaya, Garden Wing)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #22 of 388 Hotels in Pattaya
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Holbrook, New York
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

An amazing, elegant friendly hotel with equally incredible staff. Having a traveled a lot through Thailand I am accustomed to the amazing Thai hospitality but this resort is even beyond that. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and come with all the usual extras. Bathrooms are large and clean and my bed was so comfortable. The hotel has about a half dozen restaurants, bars, 2 large pools and one with a swim up bar. There is a large gym, spa and tour desk. All this in busy in Pattaya, its like a quiet sanctuary. If you walk out the exit onto beach road there are endless supply of restaurants, bars massage parlors etc... I was there during the Pattaya Music Festival which made my stay even better. The breakfast buffet was equally incredible and there is outdoor seating for a nice relaxing breakfast with ocean breeze.

I only had 2 problems: 1) I wish one pool was smoke free or at least a section was set off as nonsmoking. It drove me nuts to have to move when a group of Russian tourists sat nearby and they were all chain smokers. 2) I wish I was staying a lot longer at this hotel !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Knottingley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Me and my husband have just returned from a 21 night stay and loved it. We were only room only but it was quiet idyllic relaxing and very much everything we needed. We liked the fact that we were out of the hustle and bustle of pattaya but were only a 10 minute walk into it as and when we wanted. The staff were friendly and very helpful from the reception desk to the bell boys and cleaners. There is nothing that they would not do for you at any time night or day. The hotel grounds and the gym facilities in the ocean tower are amazing as well as the pool. If I had to criticize this hotel for anything it would just be that the prices for food and drink were expensive compared to other places but you always find this in hotels compared to out and about.. We had smoking room I know cough cough number 134 it was a ground floor room and for us it was perfect although we did miss our balcony. To have a balcony you needed to upgrade but felt it was a little expensive to do so for the amount of time that you actually spend in the room so we did not bother. I think the rooms are bigger and are suites to have a balcony but we will definitely think about booking one for next year. We ate once in the hotel for breakfast and although it as stunning and a buffet style with lots of choice because we were room only we paid 1440 baht for us both, which was very expensive and did not eat in there again. I think it is well worth when booking including your breakfast into your booking dependent on cost difference between B + B instead of RO basis but if we had breakfast every morning there it would have been about 300 GBP a week for breakfast which in pattaya we were getting a full English with drinks for £6 so this was a no brainer for us. This hotel lived up to all our expectations and more and will defo be returning it was everything you would expect for a 5 * establishment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Recent stay at amari pataya this is my 5 th visit to pataya always prfer to stay with amari pataya ...awsme location nr by the beach ...coperative staff ...heartly recomended..always stay with amari pataya 4 sure...

• Stayed March 2014
rendejo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was impressed to find such a quiet location in busy Pattaya. The hotel excells with its superb gardens, which provide an oasis of calm and green scenery: the ideal surroundings to relax. If you are looking for entertainment, the beach of Pattaya is accross the road. Extremely friendly service in the Thai way! Fantastic food! Excellent business/conference facilities

Room Tip: If you are staying in the garden wing, try to obtain a room facing the gardens and swimming pool, as...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Heckmondwike, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Brilliant hotel! In February 2014 we returned to the Amari Garden for two weeks. We holidayed here a year before and loved it so much we booked to come back. Walking into the reception again a year after our first visit was really great. The staff on reception were really friendly and their English seemed a little better than the year before. We arrived at around 9am, the room was not ready for us and we had to wait until 11am. The only disappointing thing was that we were told despite arriving at that time and breakfast was being served we were not allowed breakfast as our tariff didn't start until the next day. They take a credit card imprint when you do check in and this is about £200 but it is cancelled at the end of your trip, perhaps they might offer the opportunity to opt out of charging your room instead but it is something to note. Once we got the room it was clean and a good standard, ours was on the ground floor and had no issues with it, perhaps the only comment was that the bathroom door was a sliding one which felt a little cheap. There was no balcony but a good view of the garden. The room was very comfy. As usual we took our UK 4 gang extension cable so we could run four electrical devices on one adapter.
The pool area was great, the chairs comfy as we remembered, definitely one of the best pool areas we have come across. There were some children splashing and using water pistols which was annoying but that soon stopped, perhaps water pistols should be banned?
The hotel is situated at the opposite end to the famous walking street so is ideally placed. The beach front has been improved notably since our previous visit and was much better to walk down, the beach looks attractive.
We found a great little place for lunch the previous year about 10 minutes walk away, called Stone Oven and again visited it regularly. There are lots of good quality, cheap restaurants. One thing to try is a banana pancake, available on one of the motorbike sellers.
We have travelled significantly and rarely ever go back anywhere but this hotel and holiday was that good we couldn't wait to get back. In fact we enjoyed it that much again we have booked for next year already and next time we are going in the ocean tower.
Is there anything I would recommend they improve? Well, we were return visitors but no mention was made, we were never made to feel that was appreciated, we had returned and you would imagine our details must have shown up as return visitors, therefore perhaps the hotel could be more welcoming to return visitors. Otherwise brilliant hotel and great holiday, again.

Room Tip: Both rooms have been good, probably keep away from the road at the side of the hotel but take your U...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed there with my fiancée, my 79 year old mother and a family friend & we all could not believe we hit the jackpot by picking this hotel !!! The location was nice and quite, the staff were fantastic & the rooms clean (We had a garden suite & a garden balcony room) the only downside was there was no lift but my 79 year old mother was on the 2nd floor & had no problems !!! I maybe should not have have such a good review because when I decide to visit again I might not get a room !!!

• Stayed March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My room is in the old building and I was told that I got upgrade to the superior room. I was happy to hear so, but my room is on the forth floor with no elevator!! There is smell in the room and definitely need renovation immediately. Amenities are not you can expect to get at this Amari.

Overall I rate this hotel not even 3 stars.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Naturalmade,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay. I would like to apologise that you did not find your room up to your standard. I have shared your review with the Executive Housekeeper and we are investigating your comments regarding the smell in your room.

I would also like to apologise for the inconvenience in relation to there not being any elevators. Discussions are ongoing in terms of a Hotel renovation.

Kind regards,

Brendan Daly

Been to Amari Garden Pattaya? Share your experiences!